Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

I’m sure a friend saw them on the U.F.O.F tour and said they played two songs from that album before they basically rattled through pretty much the whole of Two Hands six months before it was released. And blew everyone away.

Hoping they’ll be booked for the Park again next year.

Yeah they're known for playing new songs, some two hands songs were played as early as 2017! These new shows are probably behind a yet to be announced album, they just haven't took a press shoot or whatever yet.

13 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

To be fair this has all come out of what I thought was a fairly harmless little joke about The Wombats somehow playing the O2.

We do get a little bit giddy on here at times “roasting” acts but ultimately this is a music forum and to be honest slagging off the stuff you may not like is half of the fun. If we all liked the stuff or just agreed that everything was great it’d get rather dull. Plenty of stuff I like gets slated on here, the trick is to just embrace it.

Even most of the “roasting” is pretty tame, more mild poking than outright hatred. There probably is a degree of snobbery, but I think when push comes to shove everyone does respect everyone else’s right to enjoy what they want to.

(Except for the Chilli Peppers, they can just fuck right off)

Also in fairness, I downvoted it on a whim, I don't even love the Wombats! - the only reason this got brought up was because someone else challenged it. I wouldn't have exactly come out with all this if they hadn't done so.

I'm glad at least one other person feels the same way, but also, I'm definitely guilty of music snobbery myself on certain bands, I'm sure we all are. It just happened so ridiculously often, literally every mention of certain acts - if this is a music forum where people come to discuss their faves, then a bit of poking fun is gonna happen, but I have to disagree with the bit in bold because that just doesn't happen. Having certain ones 'banned' from discussion without a pile on about how shit they are - well then you're going to exclude people.

Anyways last I'll mention of it - I wish I hadn't bitten and I've genuinely enjoyed your other posts outside of this tragic little bugbear of mine 🍻

Edited by EamerRed

On 6/8/2021 at 9:32 AM, scattered_screens said:

Big thief are such an excellent band, think I'll do both Manchester and Bristol and hope they continue to keep setlists varied. 

very tempted by the Big Thief tour. I don’t know whether to go standing or seated however. are the seating options good at Shepherd’s Bush or should I stick to standing?

2 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

very tempted by the Big Thief tour. I don’t know whether to go standing or seated however. are the seating options good at Shepherd’s Bush or should I stick to standing?

I did seated at the Hammersmith Apollo and it was fine. They have a slot of slower songs so it didnt really detract imo.

Oh yeah, we have this little gig on tuesday. Tickets put on sale this morning at the venue and was ridiculous. People queued up an hour after the announcement. When its a 600 capacity venue you do what you gotta do.

235DD954-592E-4AA7-AB5E-AD5932351532.jpeg

Edited by Suprefan

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Checked the Metallica forums as I know they are about to drop dates and there are rumours of a show at Slane. For those interested.

Any rumours of a date in England? 

Just now, foolee said:

Any rumours of a date in England? 

No but there must surely be one. Rough that they seem be around during June and Download have missed them 😞 think they jumped the gun a bit booking their headliners so fast.

• Like 1

Yeah really don’t see them rebooking Metallica already, if ever, and especially not as a replacement for Macca. Would absolutely love for them to pop up at the farm in some capacity at some point though, and they do live a secret set.

What with no real festivals they can do here I’m guessing we’ll get an England date at some point, only for me to see the prices and probably nope out.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

That's me seen GNR, Billie Eilish and Metallica all touted on these boards as potential Macca replacements, and it's not good for my rage.

What about Foals?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

That's me seen GNR, Billie Eilish and Metallica all touted on these boards as potential Macca replacements, and it's not good for my rage.

Well Macca seems to be back on if he’s playing TW Classic on a date which isn’t Glasto weekend. You’re safe.

Ken saying Macca is back is enough seratonin for your week!

28 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well Macca seems to be back on if he’s playing TW Classic on a date which isn’t Glasto weekend. You’re safe.

Ken saying Macca is back is enough seratonin for your week!

Didn’t realise Macca’s doing fests next year. Encouraging indeed.

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

I think they'll do this at some point. Pearl Jam are locked in for next year though so can't see them having both. 

I think they'll just want guaranteed sell outs next year.