Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

The Futureheads are doing a 15 years of Futureheads tour in Nov/Dec playing their first album in full along and other stuff. Weird move as they're releasing a new album in August, I'll probably attend though, I've missed them.

Shame they're not at the farm this year.

5 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

I was meant to go last night but had to sell my ticket. I couldn't afford a hotel but booked with big green coach as they do return travel.

3 weeks before the gig I got an email saying the coach was cancelled and I would be refunded. Cheapest hotel in Manchester at that point was £230. With Glastonbury coming up I just couldn't justify it so will never use big green coach again

Hope muse do a north east date as none since 2006 but think its unlikely 

Ah sorry to hear that. Only used them once before and it went ok, but might give them a swerve in the future if there's a risk this might happen. Not fair to leave people scrambling around for last minute transport/accommodation options.

1 hour ago, priest17 said:

The Futureheads are doing a 15 years of Futureheads tour in Nov/Dec playing their first album in full along and other stuff. Weird move as they're releasing a new album in August, I'll probably attend though, I've missed them.

saw them last week in Nottingham, put on a top show as always, such a fun band

Had a brief look at the Muse presale and the prices were listed as £78 to £140. As far as I can tell, these aren't the Ticketmaster premium tickets, these are the standard ones. Weren't Muse charging closer to £80 for standing tickets just last week?

37 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Had a brief look at the Muse presale and the prices were listed as £78 to £140. As far as I can tell, these aren't the Ticketmaster premium tickets, these are the standard ones. Weren't Muse charging closer to £80 for standing tickets just last week?

How much are standing?

20 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Travis Scott has announced an Astroworld show at the London o2 arena on the 16th July, rumours of a Manchester show in the same week. Such a shame he wasn't on the bill for Glastonbury, would've been a perfect Other stage headliner.

Doubt he’d accept the fee to headline Other at this point.

It is so typical that the Manchester date didn’t come to fruition and instead he’s just doing an O2 date a week after he does Wireless across London.

23 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Travis Scott has announced an Astroworld show at the London o2 arena on the 16th July, rumours of a Manchester show in the same week. Such a shame he wasn't on the bill for Glastonbury, would've been a perfect Other stage headliner.

image.thumb.png.0e1be5b09eb329d2ad809a390e3f79c3.png

Are the Astroworld shows meant to be really good or something? What's so special about it?

3 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Are the Astroworld shows meant to be really good or something? What's so special about it?

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That’s the name of the album. Although he might go around a loop-the-loop at 1mph if you’d call that special.

I've heard they're absolutely epic. They have the loop-the-loop, but previous shows also had a roller coaster that goes around the entire arena. The production of the show (with fireworks, lasers, two stages etc) is critically acclaimed. I haven't read a media review below 4 stars (most are 5).

Songs range from his first few to now and include Cactus Jack. Saw him at Lollapalooza Paris (before Astroworld) and the energy was insane.

I'm 100% going if I can get a ticket!

28 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

I've heard they're absolutely epic. They have the loop-the-loop, but previous shows also had a roller coaster that goes around the entire arena. The production of the show (with fireworks, lasers, two stages etc) is critically acclaimed. I haven't read a media review below 4 stars (most are 5).

Songs range from his first few to now and include Cactus Jack. Saw him at Lollapalooza Paris (before Astroworld) and the energy was insane.

I'm 100% going if I can get a ticket!

Sweet. He's headlining a festival I'm going to, so any idea if he does that stuff for his festival sets too? I might go see him anyway, doesn't seem to be clashing with anyone

22 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Sweet. He's headlining a festival I'm going to, so any idea if he does that stuff for his festival sets too? I might go see him anyway, doesn't seem to be clashing with anyone

I think it's a more cut back version of the Astroworld production. You'll still get all of the hits but I doubt the stage will be as elaborate. He did Austin City Limits Festival which is here: 

When I saw him at Lolla Paris, it was before Astroworld came out, so it was a weird limbo set of some new material (Stargazing, Carousel), some Cactus Jack and a lot of early work.

I'm sure the festival set will be amazing!

46 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Saw him at Reading last year. Just a DJ on a lit-up riser and a video backdrop in terms of stage, but it was a great performance, even if he did finish 10 minutes shy of his alotted slot.

What is with gig prices these days? £59 for a standing ticket for Chemical Brothers at O2 arena in London. Makes it even worse that they’re only charging £41 for standing in Glasgow. I know it’s because it’s making up for lost revenue on album sales because of streaming but ffs. 

Seen someone at my work selling tickets for Spice Girls. £120 a ticket (face value). Half the price of a Glastonbury ticket. Hilarious. 

Edited by gordong
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

So, I'm moving to Manchester next month. Will be my first time living in a city.

Any good tips/recommendations regarding the music scene?

There's not a lot in terms of live music during the summer coz its festival season, autumn/winter it comes into its own. I normally keep my eye on Songkick for bands popping up around then but there's a number of places you can wander into and usually find half decent bands. Jimmys, Gullivers, Castle and Soup Kitchen are pretty good for that on the cheap.

Deaf institute probably my favorite venue, Gorilla is consistently getting all the gigs I want to go to at the moment. 

Albert Hall is worth going to if someone plays there you kind of want to see.

Best juke boxes are in Corbieres, Castle, Gullivers and Temple. 

All through July is Manchester International festival and they've got a tonne of shit up in albert square with live music and beer throughout most the day and some decent established acts playing for free in the evenings https://mif.co.uk/whats-on/festival-square/

My files have finished transferring now so that's all I'll bother typing ahah.