Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Their existing dates don't work for All Points East (unless they're planning to stay for over a month in Europe) and they're too small for BST, so I'm guessing probably Gunnersbury is the best fit.

It'll sell decently - the vast majority of people who'd be into this show either don't know about the Will stuff or simply aren't bothered. Funeral's a top notch album and plenty will want to see it live.

5 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Their existing dates don't work for All Points East (unless they're planning to stay for over a month in Europe) and they're too small for BST, so I'm guessing probably Gunnersbury is the best fit.

It'll sell decently - the vast majority of people who'd be into this show either don't know about the Will stuff or simply aren't bothered. Funeral's a top notch album and plenty will want to see it live.

I've never seen them live and that album is one of my favourite of all time. But definitely not comfortable seeing them live unfortunately. 

7 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

I've never seen them live and that album is one of my favourite of all time. But definitely not comfortable seeing them live unfortunately. 

Right, but I think ultimately you're in the minority with this sort of thing. The Win thing barely made waves outside of online spaces - certainly most of my friends I know that aren't glued to online won't even know about it at all - so I think it'll probably be fine. I don't think they'd be getting booked at eg Malahide and Gunnersbury if promoters weren't confident in it.

Edited by jannybruck

14 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Right, but I think ultimately you're in the minority with this sort of thing. The Win thing barely made waves outside of online spaces - certainly most of my friends I know that aren't glued to online won't even know about it at all - so I think it'll probably be fine. I don't think they'd be getting booked at eg Malahide and Gunnersbury if promoters weren't confident in it.

Potentially though if more stuff comes out e.t.c

Even smaller things like press interviews to promote it wont be possible. It may a minority but it would be a sinficant minority potentially

15 minutes ago, jannybruck said:

Absolutely. It will likely sell really well, probably sell out especially with that album bring played. 

Could it be Finsbury Park on July 5? From last year’s Finsbury shows, think they had Fri-Sun booked. Sat and Sun currently booked, leaving Fri 5th open. Not sure if it’s different promoters Finsbury vs Irish date?

July 6 seems a tight turn around for a band of this size and assumed stage setup. They’re in Italy on July 2 and then the Ireland date on July 7.

July 5 would personally be a bit gutting given the National in Crystal Palace, you’d expect a bit of crossover fan base between the two acts.

Anyone got the inside scoop?

10 minutes ago, aldo88 said:

Could it be Finsbury Park on July 5? From last year’s Finsbury shows, think they had Fri-Sun booked. Sat and Sun currently booked, leaving Fri 5th open. Not sure if it’s different promoters Finsbury vs Irish date?

July 6 seems a tight turn around for a band of this size and assumed stage setup. They’re in Italy on July 2 and then the Ireland date on July 7.

July 5 would personally be a bit gutting given the National in Crystal Palace, you’d expect a bit of crossover fan base between the two acts.

They're doing Lisbon- Sevilla - Bilbao 11/12/13 so tight turnaround back to back doesn't seem much of a problem but an empty Finsbury date could be promising

There’s folk camping outside the Hydro in Glasgow for a place at the front for the1975 gig in a few days time. You’ve got to admire their devotion. I was about to make a derogatory comment then remembered 50 years ago I sat out overnight in Glasgow queuing for a led Zep ticket! And those were mean streets.

56 minutes ago, Euphoricape said:

Could they headline Other stage.? Never seen them and would be over the moon if they're playing this year.

I think that would be an insanely good booking but considering they're still headlining overseas festivals after the allegations I doubt they would drop down. It's probably questionable whether Glasto would even book them again. 

1 hour ago, aldo88 said:

Finsbury would sell poorly I think

Perhaps Crystal Palace Park (not bowl) ?? not checked dates

I think an O2 date with scope for a second is also very possible.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

There’s folk camping outside the Hydro in Glasgow for a place at the front for the1975 gig in a few days time. You’ve got to admire their devotion. I was about to make a derogatory comment then remembered 50 years ago I sat out overnight in Glasgow queuing for a led Zep ticket! And those were mean streets.

Yeah, but you weren't queuing up for a Frenchie with Robert Plant.

Or maybe you were, I dunno...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chickenfire said:

Arcade Fire were/are my favourite band and I had totally blocked out the fact that Funeral would be 20 this year and they might do gigs like that. I would've sold my dog a few years back to see Funeral in full but I really don't know about it now. 
The atmosphere at the WE tour was so strange but that was partly down to the news coming out between tickets being bought and the shows taking place. Now anyone buying tickets either doesn't know, or it doesn't put them off. 
I can't see anything more than a London date for the UK regardless. 

Totally agree, it’s so disappointing to me but I can’t move past it all. 

4 hours ago, chickenfire said:

Arcade Fire were/are my favourite band and I had totally blocked out the fact that Funeral would be 20 this year and they might do gigs like that. I would've sold my dog a few years back to see Funeral in full but I really don't know about it now. 
The atmosphere at the WE tour was so strange but that was partly down to the news coming out between tickets being bought and the shows taking place. Now anyone buying tickets either doesn't know, or it doesn't put them off. 
I can't see anything more than a London date for the UK regardless. 

Wasn't it in the week of the WE Tour's UK run that the news about Win was made public? And not only that but one of their shows was on the day the Queen died just to really amp up the weirdness?

2 hours ago, gfa said:

Finsbury would sell poorly I think

Perhaps Crystal Palace Park (not bowl) ?? not checked dates

I think an O2 date with scope for a second is also very possible.

Has The Killers at London O2 on 4/5/7/8/10/11, plus Peter Kay on the 13th, so would need to fit in around all that if they're doing that route.

Either that or a UK arenas run ending in the O2 in the week beginning the 15th, which doesn't appear to have much on.