Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I quite like them, but the 2nd through 4th singles are all noticeably weaker than Nothing Matters.

Absolutely - Nothing Matters is clearly their standout song. 

I did think they were really good live though, and they seem to have the entire UK music media behind them!

48 minutes ago, goonerben said:

I did think they were really good live though, and they seem to have the entire UK music media behind them!

I thought their set was the epitomy of music mediocrity. Utterly average and for some reason being widely promoted by the nation's entire media.

Hate to pile on as such, but also don't really *get* it. Nothing Matters is a fine pop tune but it is wild to see the rise. FWIW they've been on my TikTok quite a bit. I'll definitely give the album a chance but it is funny what catches on

9 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

Well I am going to pile on 😁 and say that whilst I enjoyed seeing them in my local pub 3 months ago, I much preferred Picture Parlour who were supporting them.  

Seeing them next week for IVW. Think only just announced but already sold out, looking forward to it

two shows i'd like to go to in November, but as per usual with me i'm going to have a moan about the price.

i'm also going to somewhat contradict previous rants as with both of these shows i want to go purely for the support acts.

Anthrax 23rd Nov London

Sepultura 12th Nov London

Anthrax haven't been good since 1988, and Sepultura ended the day Max left the band.

But - Kreator are supporting Anthrax, and they are, always have been and i dearly hope always will be one of THE greatest bands - and Mille is a huge inspiration as a musician. 

however, they (he) may well be the greatest - but there's still no freaking way i'm going to pay £66 to see them.

and Obituary are supporting Sepultura - they are well past their best but i do still like them, but certainly not enough be paying £51 for the privilege! 

i suppose i could hope they both decide to play their own headline club shows, but even then i doubt the price would change much.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -TLR- said:

two shows i'd like to go to in November, but as per usual with me i'm going to have a moan about the price.

i'm also going to somewhat contradict previous rants as with both of these shows i want to go purely for the support acts.

Anthrax 23rd Nov London

Sepultura 12th Nov London

Anthrax haven't been good since 1988, and Sepultura ended the day Max left the band.

But - Kreator are supporting Anthrax, and they are, always have been and i dearly hope always will be one of THE greatest bands - and Mille is a huge inspiration as a musician. 

however, they (he) may well be the greatest - but there's still no freaking way i'm going to pay £66 to see them.

and Obituary are supporting Sepultura - they are well past their best but i do still like them, but certainly not enough be paying £51 for the privilege! 

i suppose i could hope they both decide to play their own headline club shows, but even then i doubt the price would change much.

I saw Obituary last year in Brighton, it was about £28 and it was bloody good. They're always touring and playing so i'd reckon you can find them fairly soon at their own shows - smaller venues too, so better fun.

Its very strongly rumoured that this Sepultura tour with the current lineup is a Goodbye to the current iteration, ahead of a Max/Igor era reunion and subsequent tour as New/Old Sepultura, so if you're not fussed by this one then i reckon the next one will be more to your taste! Its only rumours, but we'll see i guess.

I'd love to see Kreator too, and despite a great lineup with Testament i'm not willing to shell out all that dollar with Anthrax up the top of the bill. They played Brighton last year with Municipal Waste and i think it was £35 - much more like it 

1 minute ago, balti-pie said:

I saw Obituary last year in Brighton

I'd love to see Kreator too, and despite a great lineup with Testament i'm not willing to shell out all that dollar with Anthrax up the top of the bill. They played Brighton last year with Municipal Waste and i think it was £35 - much more like it 

yeah i saw Obituary last year at the london show at the Electric Ballroom, it was good, but not great, but yeah very enjoyable.

weirdly i think the thing that was most to its detriment was that the volume seemed very low.

Re: Kreator, was that the tour with Lamb of God too? if so i chose against that one because i can't stand LoG and also i think the London price was, unsurprisingly, more than i wanted to pay.

Just now, -TLR- said:

yeah i saw Obituary last year at the london show at the Electric Ballroom, it was good, but not great, but yeah very enjoyable.

weirdly i think the thing that was most to its detriment was that the volume seemed very low.

Re: Kreator, was that the tour with Lamb of God too? if so i chose against that one because i can't stand LoG and also i think the London price was, unsurprisingly, more than i wanted to pay.

The Kreator gig was announced quite late doors for Brighton, cos of a london cancellation - maybe Brixton Academy related? Lamb of God i dont mind, but they're not an exciting booking tbf. Obituary were great when i saw them, a lot more groovy than on record i thought - and they were bang into it, seemed to be having a great old time up there on stage 

my wife just messaged me to ask "do you want to see Damian Marley at crystal palace".

i had no idea he was playing any london shows...

Damian Marley with Steel Pulse and Channel One Sound - f**k yeah!

but £60....  f**k... maybe....

i must admit it would be freakin' cool to see him on the same(ish) stage his dad played 44 years ago...

10 hours ago, goonerben said:

I actually think Sinner and Caesar on a TV Screen are better than Nothing Matters. At the risk of being a hipster about it.

Not that I can say I saw announcing such a big tour coming. Knew they were becoming more of a name but didn't realise they had this degree of hype in their favour. Also deflates me a little that I had considered going to Primavera Porto for Pulp & The National and they are literally there the night before instead. Would've helped as I know literally none of that day's undercard.

If Babymetal can hang around two weeks, terrific.

One of those bands I very much enjoy on record, and had a great time with when I saw them supporting RHCP years ago, but that I wouldn't fork out for when it's such a short show. (Think they played sixty-five minutes last tour?)