Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

I know he has mentioned before but Nils Frahm starts his uk tour on the Monday after Glastonbury, in Bristol.

Was thinking of going but not sure when I would get home so may end up at the gig in my Glastonbury clothes and not had a shower. Shame.

Hope he makes an appearance

5 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

I know he has mentioned before but Nils Frahm starts his uk tour on the Monday after Glastonbury, in Bristol.

Was thinking of going but not sure when I would get home so may end up at the gig in my Glastonbury clothes and not had a shower. Shame.

Hope he makes an appearance

He got the entire weekend free? Could see him on the Park for sure. 

9 minutes ago, gordong said:

Managed to secure floor standing. Same as above comments, I know it’s a charity gig but pretty eye watering. Also, just can’t miss Chemical Brothers in that venue. 

Yeah it is really expensive, but I kinda think, it's for charity, it's a great venue that they probably will never play again, also it likely clears up a major clash headache for me on the Friday of Glasto.

32 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Yeah it is really expensive, but I kinda think, it's for charity, it's a great venue that they probably will never play again, also it likely clears up a major clash headache for me on the Friday of Glasto.

Forgot about the 9am sale and missed out on standing tickets.   Do you think they are likely to be at Glasto this year? 

15 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnd I'm out. 

Shame, that would have been awesome in the RAH.

Yup. The issue we have is too, when people are going to pay these prices without batting an eyelid it will only increase. 

This year could comfortably be the last I commit to seeing a gig. I have a ticketmaster voucher from my birthday and I'm even a bit like don't use it on a any gig just to use it.

6 minutes ago, med said:

Forgot about the 9am sale and missed out on standing tickets.   Do you think they are likely to be at Glasto this year? 

Personally I think it is really likely that they will headline the Other stage on the Friday for no other reason than it kinda fits with what they typically do on an album run.

They haven't actually played a "live" set (not DJing) at glasto since 2019 so it will be a 5 year gap, they did arenas last year  and would be a good alternative to Dua Lipa (if that is who we are getting on Friday Pyramid).

Chemical Brothers on the Other Stage is just a classic Glasto slot.  

I reckon it'll be a clash nightmare for me, fully expecting The Smile to be on at the same time either at woodsies or the park as well.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

i wonder what percentage of the ticket price actually goes to the charity?

how does it actually work? do ticket sales go to charity? does the artist donate their fee to charity?

i know its for TCT - but how much do they get and how is it worked out?

3 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

i wonder what percentage of the ticket price actually goes to the charity?

how does it actually work? do ticket sales go to charity? does the artist donate their fee to charity?

i know its for TCT - but how much do they get and how is it worked out?

Pretty sure most of the ticket price goes to charity.

I believe artists donate their fees/play for free (Daltry and Noel G are both patrons and pretty good at getting their mates to show up), See take their cut through booking fees so it's only really the venue that takes a cut.

Plus there's support/sponsorship from external companies that help with costs too.

22 minutes ago, northernangel said:

Yup. The issue we have is too, when people are going to pay these prices without batting an eyelid it will only increase. 

This year could comfortably be the last I commit to seeing a gig. I have a ticketmaster voucher from my birthday and I'm even a bit like don't use it on a any gig just to use it.

I'm exactly the same as you (including the TM voucher). After thirty years, I definitely foresee my gig-going drastically dropping off in the years to come, and that's purely because it's far too expensive. I know these events are selling out but surely it's unsustainable? There has to be a crash at some point?

24 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Personally I think it is really likely that they will headline the Other stage on the Friday for no other reason than it kinda fits with what they typically do on an album run.

They haven't actually played a "live" set (not DJing) at glasto since 2019 so it will be a 5 year gap, they did arenas last year  and would be a good alternative to Dua Lipa (if that is who we are getting on Friday Pyramid).

Chemical Brothers on the Other Stage is just a classic Glasto slot.  

I reckon it'll be a clash nightmare for me, fully expecting The Smile to be on at the same time either at woodsies or the park as well.

Mmm exciting, hopefully that will happen. 

I had a look in to see what the prices for RAH TCT gigs were, although I'd 99% decided against going and yeah, the prices for the tickets confirmed my decision.

Its hard to moan as its such a worthy cause , but it really is pretty steep. I cant' attend for much less than another £100 in travel costs too. Much much more if I wanted a drink or two.

11 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm exactly the same as you (including the TM voucher). After thirty years, I definitely foresee my gig-going drastically dropping off in the years to come, and that's purely because it's far too expensive. I know these events are selling out but surely it's unsustainable? There has to be a crash at some point?

Turning down Doja Cat because it was too expensive was a big moment for me. Can't remember the last time I denied myself seeing one my my favourites when the gig is local to me. Probably 15 years ago when I was on a lot less money.

38 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

You would hope so. I'm quite a late started to Spotify and to think how much music is on there and how many people use stats from that to debate artists on here....that is a big reason why the charges are what they are too. 

I was going to ask for a CD for Xmas, and I still might but to listen to it, it was as easy as just adding tbe album to my Spotify library and just streaming it through my phone ir through the sky on TV etc. If I'm in the car, just through Bluetooth audio. I wanted a new car that still had a CD player and while I don't regret it, I do get why cars don't make them a standard now and use that area to install modern tech and the connections for it etc.

17 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Turning down Doja Cat because it was too expensive was a big moment for me. Can't remember the last time I denied myself seeing one my my favourites when the gig is local to me. Probably 15 years ago when I was on a lot less money.

I think the moment you do it once, especially if you have seen an artists before, you train your mind to say, I like them....but am I completely missing out.

2 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I think the moment you do it once, especially if you have seen an artists before, you train your mind to say, I like them....but am I completely missing out.

i love Napalm Death, seen them countless times since the first one in '91.

the London show in March is £40

sorry - thanks, but no thanks.

i realise the comments above are discussing the £100+ tickets (which is sickening), but at a lower level we are seeing gigs that should be a £20/£25 ticket being priced way too high.

i've pretty much given up on, and lost interest in, going to gigs these days, the cost is just way too much and all the fun has just been drained away.

my wife and i are big Springsteen fans, seen him all over the place - i really didn't want to go to ANY of his shows this year because of the crazy costs involved (and the stagnant setlist) but i was vetoed and we are going to a few - so it's comforting to know that Bruce will be in his solid gold swimming pool bathing in yet more of my money... 

• Like 1