Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

17 minutes ago, gfa said:

i'm 22 and seen him twice i think - he does put on a good show

thought oasis were meant to be shite live tbh - think liam does decent

One of those situations where the music was LOUD and you couldn't really hear the terrible singing anyway because the entire crowd is singing along. Always saw it as more about the atmosphere (which I actually think is why a lot look down at Oasis, bit football culture and not music focused. I like a mixture myself), though the full band version of Champagne Supernova back then is one of the best things I've seen, and it was great to see it back last year in Liam's set. 

Edited by efcfanwirral

just had a "new this week" email pop up from ticketmaster so thought i'd have a scroll through...

Smashing Pumpkins at the O2 - just a normal everyday GA standing ticket...

£187.35

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!

hang on, i better just check i was looking at the right thing....

yep, sure enough, £187.35

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

faaaaaaaakin' hell.... i am so glad i've seen everyone i want to see as i can't see myself ever going to a gig ever again. 

i feel so sorry for younger people - back in the day we were out at gigs all the time, multiple gigs a week - these days i couldn't afford to go to a gig a month - and even if i could i wouldn't pay it on principle.

its just completely f**ked.

53 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Decided not to bother trying for Manchester (even though I live there) as I knew Liam tickets would be a no go. Only wanted standing.

Got 4 for Sheffield virtually instantly.

Price is a scandal mind you.

I think I mainly managed it by focusing on the Sunday (on current train timetable we have to stay over - Foos on the Saturday has pushed hotels so high that day and very much hoping we can't make the Glastonbury weekend dates!). I refreshed just that one on Seetickets and managed to bag 4 standing. Assuming most tried the Saturday first before moving on, giving me a short window

8 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

just had a "new this week" email pop up from ticketmaster so thought i'd have a scroll through...

£187.35

faaaaaaaakin' hell.... i am so glad i've seen everyone i want to see as i can't see myself ever going to a gig ever again. 

i feel so sorry for younger people - back in the day we were out at gigs all the time, multiple gigs a week - these days i couldn't afford to go to a gig a month - and even if i could i wouldn't pay it on principle.

Birmingham Arena was £85 for standing so I have no idea how the sh*t London is that much more (and I checked both Ticketmaster and venue itself and got quoted £188 as well, which is bananas)

8 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I think I mainly managed it by focusing on the Sunday (on current train timetable we have to stay over - Foos on the Saturday has pushed hotels so high that day and very much hoping we can't make the Glastonbury weekend dates!). I refreshed just that one on Seetickets and managed to bag 4 standing. Assuming most tried the Saturday first before moving on, giving me a short window

Does Manchester now like to do event bingo? Feel like there was a day last summer when Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys and Elton John were all in Manchester on the same night.

21 minutes ago, -TLR- said:

£187.35

£85.50 on seetickets. Sure that inflated price isn’t tickets being resold?

11 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

There was with a rail strike that day as well

And same day as the FA Cup Final, which was Manchester City vs Manchester United and while the game itself was in London it would've likely lead to a lot of the fans going to bars drinking in Manchester's bars/pubs. Sounds like chaos.

Edited by charlierc

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Does Manchester now like to do event bingo? Feel like there was a day last summer when Coldplay, Arctic Monkeys and Elton John were all in Manchester on the same night.

haha yes it does seem to! The Thursday that week contains Foos and Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, which feels like a big crossover to me...