Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, churlie100 said:

https://petergabriel.com/news/i-o-the-tour-announced/

Peter Gabriel basically a lock for Glasto Friday or Sunday?

Surely that rules him out? Only day free is Saturday and that would be four days in a row. Shame as he’d be a great booking.

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

War on Drugs GSH

image.png.fb5317b7f4afdc13bc4235d45dce3b18.png

I’m surprised they’re playing the Hydro, can’t see that one selling too well but I suppose Bon Iver was busy enough last month. I think they could sub Pyramid or Other at this point, similar size to The National when they did the former.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Surely that rules him out? Only day free is Saturday and that would be four days in a row. Shame as he’d be a great booking.

I’m surprised they’re playing the Hydro, can’t see that one selling too well but I suppose Bon Iver was busy enough last month. I think they could sub Pyramid or Other at this point, similar size to The National when they did the former.

Ah of course, I was looking at the 2022 festival dates! Yeah, I agree Saturday would be unlikely but not impossible I guess.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

They'd bomb even harder than the National did if they subbed IMO. Would JP headliner be too small for them? Feels like they need to headline somewhere in front of people who actually want to see them.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass II said:

They'd bomb even harder than the National did if they subbed IMO. Would JP headliner be too small for them? Feels like they need to headline somewhere in front of people who actually want to see them.

I think their brand of dad rock would go down fairly well with casuals but yeah, it wouldn’t be mobbed or particularly energetic. I think they’d be a pretty big JP headliner but I suppose they got Jamie T to do that this year.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

I think they go down better than the nashnul given their Dad-rock appeal. Don't think they would sub though, I don't think they're that big. They don't even headline APE when they play 

4 hours ago, billum said:

Yes I got all excited about PG playing - but his show is bound to be fairly massive, so tricky to get to Pilton between Manchester and Dublin on the Friday / Sunday perhaps, but there's hope....

Sadly I don't see any chance of Glastonbury at all. And, I'll miss him in Manchester. Boring.

9 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

War on Drugs and Gaz Coombes down for Park headliners maybe?  Definitely going to see Gaz at the Leadmill. 👌

Hopefully War on Drugs make an appearance. But weren't they nearby in Bristol last year and didn't? Was surprised to not see them there last year.