Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

Asphyx playing later in year - only one show in UK as far as i can see.

The Dome in Tufnell Park:

image.png.59e2fb3800ba737322e8199155b12ab1.png

i've been trying to remember but i don't believe i have ever seen them live before - i have to say Martin Van Drunen is one of my all time favourite metal vocalists, and The Rack is a stone cold classic album (not sure if they'll play anyting tho seeing as they will be touring a new album).

anyways - looking forward to this one!

11 hours ago, MK1 said:

Also 6 dates annouced in Italy. The only ones for Europe. So 6 at the RAH and 6 in Italy, Rome. Not much touring for mr Gilmour........

Well I won't be making it to Italy.

I really hate modern ticket buying. I'm sure the last time I booked at the RAH (Jeff Beck in 2022) I was able to choose a seat. From a seating plan.

This time, after getting through the queue (RAH site rather than TM), I was just offered a pair of seats at various prices with no real indication of where they were in the venue (iirc). So it was a case of pick a pair and pick a pair now. Or will I have to go through the queue again?

Ended up right up in the gods at £150.50 a pop. I think the cheapest £90 seats were restricted view. Guessing the floor was about £250?

Guessing most of the good seats went in the presale.

Edited by MrZigster

11 minutes ago, northernangel said:

That would have been great if not Alexandra Palace. But I think that makes them an early shout for Slam Dunk next year.

Last time I saw them was supporting Frank Turner in Birmingham at Utilita Arena, which had the stage pushed forward so was not 100% capacity.

Didn't realise they were big enough to book there and had thought before seeing it that it might be at a Brixton Academy/Hammersmith Apollo size place.

37 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Last time I saw them was supporting Frank Turner in Birmingham at Utilita Arena, which had the stage pushed forward so was not 100% capacity.

Didn't realise they were big enough to book there and had thought before seeing it that it might be at a Brixton Academy/Hammersmith Apollo size place.

I think it's above their level myself but with only one date it'll do well. I never understood why Frank did that arena tour to be honest unless for the idea that at the time cost wise it made more sense was the feeling. Never been that size though.

39 minutes ago, northernangel said:

I think it's above their level myself but with only one date it'll do well. I never understood why Frank did that arena tour to be honest unless for the idea that at the time cost wise it made more sense was the feeling. Never been that size though.

FT is at that level for one-offs - he's sold out his show 3000 at Alexandra Palace, for one. Full 10 date arena run, not so much.

I remember seeing him at the O2 in London in 2014, which did feel like a very different vibe to what I would know him for. Certainly, I've seen him also in places like Cambridge Corn Exchange, Coventry Empire or Northampton Roadmender, and they all felt more like natural fits for his way of doing business.

EDIT: Irony being that, and I wasn't aware of this, that 2019 FT tour I caught in Birmingham also called in at Ally Pally, so Jimmy Eat World supporting Frank there and now doing their own show there. As you do.

Edited by charlierc

2 hours ago, FloopFiller said:

Hell yeah

IMG_0468.jpeg

If any of you can afford it, go to Amsterdam. Paradiso is far and away the best venue on this tour.

3 minutes ago, FloopFiller said:

Yeah, annoying, but I’m willing to make the exception for this.

The venue itself doesn't bother me, its more that I need to get a train out and it pretty much guarantees missing it being that far out, or at least impacting my enjoyment enough worrying about it.

2 hours ago, charlierc said:

FT is at that level for one-offs - he's sold out his show 3000 at Alexandra Palace, for one. Full 10 date arena run, not so much.

I remember seeing him at the O2 in London in 2014, which did feel like a very different vibe to what I would know him for. Certainly, I've seen him also in places like Cambridge Corn Exchange, Coventry Empire or Northampton Roadmender, and they all felt more like natural fits for his way of doing business.

EDIT: Irony being that, and I wasn't aware of this, that 2019 FT tour I caught in Birmingham also called in at Ally Pally, so Jimmy Eat World supporting Frank there and now doing their own show there. As you do.

Yes one offs with his band, but Ally Pally is 10.5k people, I'm talking arena tours that are 14k and up. End of the day if he could do that then he would be subbing Reading and the likes.

19 hours ago, MK1 said:

Also 6 dates annouced in Italy. The only ones for Europe. So 6 at the RAH and 6 in Italy, Rome. Not much touring for mr Gilmour........

Seems a few more dates in New York and LA. I guess he'll add maybe a few more at other continents and that's it

22 hours ago, MK1 said:

Two nights each announced for Hollywood Bowl and Madison Square Garden.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, northernangel said:

Is this what stacked is now?

since you dont know who the artists are then its not stacked. If you do then yes, its very stacked since its likely going to sell out in a day or 2. And its 21+ so no teenagers to muck it up.

Edited by Suprefan