Weather

shoebox

1 hour ago, Punksnotdead said:

It's never been muddy, even in the rare wet years. A sturdy pair of waterproof boots/shoes should be fine.

As well as that 2017 there was a thunderstorm and downpour in 2008 that "only" lasted for about two hours on the Friday but horribly muddied some pretty large areas of the site for the rest of the weekend. But yeah, that's about it for really bad underfoot conditions.

For what it's worth, the forecasts in the week preceding Farmfest and Greenman this year were unanimously grim. As it turned out both were mainly cloudy but dry with spells of sunshine so I guess we'll know when we get there. I only remember 2 really sodden festivals which were in 2008 and 2017. 

Presently camping with family very close to Blandford Forum, basking in sunshine. Looking good all week but hoping it holds for a while longer. 

I remember the early days when it hardly ever rained at EOTR, except for the one time with an hour of rain on the Friday that led to mud becoming like plasticine and getting trampled into the urinals until it formed a thick carpet. Happy days 😂

Edited by paulwa

1 hour ago, JHad said:

Norwegian weather service. Usually very reliable for N, NW and central Europe. 

They had GM down as having loads of rain about a week ahead and then it only rained on the Saturday.

I had about 5 sites on the go for GM and they were probably one of least accurate. XCweather was probably the best for that weekend.

11 hours ago, benali said:

They had GM down as having loads of rain about a week ahead and then it only rained on the Saturday.

I had about 5 sites on the go for GM and they were probably one of least accurate. XCweather was probably the best for that weekend.

Interesting! I've never heard of XC, so will look into them 👍

GM was very difficult to predict though and every model was shifting with every run. Also, the best over the year might not necessarily be the best on the weekend we all want to know about.