Crazyfool01

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I liked the idea of it. I never went in. Only saw it a couple of times, but knowing there was a club somewhere at the festival that only held 2 (3? 1?) people made me exceedingly happy. Just thinking about it made me grin.

4 hours ago, Fishman said:

Went in once - about 10 of us in there. And as Mr Hats said, it made me smile every time I walked past.

Actually, just had a look at their website - capacity 14. Record was 26 "although not all of them could touch the floor at the same time".

I was gunna say it was more than 2 or 3, I got chatting to the guy in 2007 while his red carpet to escape the sea of mud, he said his record was something like 14 + 1 crowd surfing, he did well to get to 26!

9 hours ago, BluePaul said:

This.  Saw Maggie Bell in there in 2011 and it was fantastic.  Went back the following year and it was gone.  Also miss the shisha bar in the Glade.

Saw Matt Anderson there on the Thursday of 2011 .... totally unexpected find and loved the set up .... sadly gone in 2013

I miss being truly excited at the prospect of seeing some of the headliners, that's lost it a little for me in recent years.

I miss camping at Big Ground and some aspects of tent life, like being snug up inside a sleeping bag as the rain falls and hearing a fantastic cacophony of sound, and meeting up with the gang there (But I'm sticking with the CV!)

I miss the old Strummersville

I definitely miss JazzWorld, it still seems a better name

I miss real Secret Sets, most are not really secret anymore

Reading through this thread makes me a feel a bit sad .It looks like that some of the stuff that is being missed is what made the heart of the festival for some of you and its all gone .I know you will still have a good one but things like sitting round a fire ,relaxing at the stone circle ,market stall soundsystems,old venues etc and a general hippy feel to stuff being absent is not a good thing .Does it not question if you might call it a day ? Just curious .

1 hour ago, Sofa said:

Reading through this thread makes me a feel a bit sad .It looks like that some of the stuff that is being missed is what made the heart of the festival for some of you and its all gone .I know you will still have a good one but things like sitting round a fire ,relaxing at the stone circle ,market stall soundsystems,old venues etc and a general hippy feel to stuff being absent is not a good thing .Does it not question if you might call it a day ? Just curious .

Not a chance!:)

1 hour ago, Sofa said:

not at all, I miss the cinema field, but there are loads of new places and things that have appeared since,  that more than make up for it.

2 hours ago, Sofa said:

Nah not at all! Still my favourite place in the world. It's good that the festival is constantly evolving, that's what keeps it at the top.

A little nostalgia is fine so long as you remember to be grateful that you were there :) 

I suppose there are small elements of sadness in this thread about the areas and things that have come on and gone .. the only really sad one for me is the decrease in the lack of participation as posted by me earlier but the festival evolves and has done some new and fantastic new places for me to explore that outweigh the sadness and ramp up the excitement levels , really enjoyed the spike bar last year and this is a recentish  addition to the festival ... new year more exploration needed :)