Resale 2017 - How many going back in

Joshuwarr

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, T-Mouse said:

Aha well if you live in Swindon or the surrounding region, there's a reputable building society that i may or may not work for who have prominent offices littered across the area ;-)

I am willing to pretend I live in Swindon for a week or two- I'll aim to start a few days before resale day, and then promptly retire immediately after- they will be none the wiser!

3 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

I am impressed! My friends and family are scattered around the country and world, so I can't quite imagine what it would be like to see so many in one place, especially at Glastonbury! 

We do have friends that are out of the UK and they too go on line on sale day and a couple of years back one got through on ticket day whilst in the India and last year my son was in Norway...the wife has just told me we've had tickets got from Germany and this year France so it's an international affair lol.. 

We have a similar set up for camping we have 4 people who work the festival and they save our camp then as I'm in a camper I take up about ten tents and then we Bmth convoy leaves at about 1 or 2 on Wednesday morning and then they have all tents from people that can't come up till Thursday or Friday so that everyone is sorted tents are up and we're all together.. 

I'm in spring ground so the tents go in in the van so only have to go two fields along to row mead.. It's still my camp tho lol and I do have a tent there because even tho I'll sleep in camper it has been known that I just crash in tent or someone might turn up out of the blue with nothing so there's a tent ready for them.. Even strangers sometimes lol.. 

Sounds a bit ott but has worked well so far and we've camped there since the fence.. Before that we dossed it around the dance tent with one tent for all comers lol. We've grown up since then.. 

I think lol 

1 hour ago, BlackHole2006 said:

That sucks, hope you have family members/friends helping you out

Should be fine, I'll try on Thursday for the coach, but if unsuccessful i am then on holiday in Portugal with 7 others who will all be at hand to help.

2 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

I work for a company and my office is open 24 hours. I go in and try from work. People say bandwidth and all that jazz doesn't help. I've only ever been this successful when trying from work. Make of that what you will.

I work in a place that has a particularly good connection, I reckon even better than your *ahem* mysterious employer.

Mine used to be tremendously advantageous, but in the past few years I've wondered how they levelled  the playing field, as often my Sis gets them even quicker on her blooming ipad over WiFi at home. 

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Awww, thanks, rumpola!

It really is now just my favourite place on Earth.

And as such, and looking at your numbers, all the luck in the world in the resale, buddy.

Ben

Thanks Ben, and considering it's my favourite place too and I haven't missed one since 99, I will be utterly gutted if I miss out in the resale.

2 hours ago, T-Mouse said:

Aha well if you live in Swindon or the surrounding region, there's a reputable building society that i may or may not work for who have prominent offices littered across the area ;-)

Strangely enough, if it's the company I'm thinking of, I helped build your network.

I go with a large group, I originally only knew 2 of them, my mate and his mrs from when they were down here because of uni and I got to know em, theyve been going glastonbury for about 20 years, I think glastonbury in 97 was when they first met actually! but anyway ive been going with them since 2014, always an group of about 12-15 or so,  an assortment of those 2 and random friends and family members, with a few constants,....this year apparently though theres about 25 in our group.....and noone didnt get tickets! (I think they have it very well organised on ticket day, (separated into pools of people trying for everyone else in the pool etc) I think because its the last one for a couple years a lot of people who have gone some years but maybe not every year decided to join the group again this year....but yes it was very well organised. So I guess thats the key......organisation, and getting with a big group as obviously the more people trying the better your chances!.........oh and a hell of a lot of luck! (I still dont know how all 25 managed to get in first time!)

Apologies if this has already been asked, but do campervan tickets go into the resale on the same dates as admission tickets, or a few days later? I don't want to be clogging up the internet on resale day if camper van tickets won't be on sale then!

1 minute ago, BluePaul said:

Apologies if this has already been asked, but do campervan tickets go into the resale on the same dates as admission tickets, or a few days later? I don't want to be clogging up the internet on resale day if camper van tickets won't be on sale then!

I think they go back on sale after the resale has finished.

19 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

This makes me a bit cross. Possibly unreasonably, but hear me out.

We love this festival. In fact, some of us have a borderline inappropriate obsession and relationship with it. As such, T Day is terrifying and, for many of the Faithful who miss out, hugely disappointing and can make people properly sad.

And, of course, it's because the festival is SO successful and So popular. BUT...if we are really saying that there might be a return rate of getting up to one-in-five tickets, then I fail to believe that there are that many whose situation changes between October and April, such that they now cannot go when they still wish to.

Accepting that (which you may or may not), that leads me to the conclusion that some buggers just secure tickets in case they fancy it, come the spring. Which is a bit of a kick in the teeth to the seeming thousands who would give an ovary or testicle for a ticket about which some seem somewhat indifferent, having secured it. 

And that makes me cross.

I will qualify this by saying that (1) I believe that the system is as fair as it can be, (2) I do support the deposit system because it creates a degree of kind flexibility for those who were going to, but now just cannot, go. And my support is despite the inherent nature of the of the deposit creating the distasteful scenario that has prompted me to post.

So, I don't have an answer and a solution, In Michael We Trust, and I acknowledge that we probably have as good a system as we can. It's just that I feel so very sorry for the unsuccessful who are in that position partly because of what appears to be the (entirely legitimate, if undesirable) actions of quite a lot of people who don't seem to be that fussed about going to something that is so dear to the rest of us.

Anyway. I've probably got all that wrong and there are only 127 tickets back in the pot on resale day. But it makes me a bit cross.

Ben

Posting excessively on here doesn’t make you more deserving of a ticket.