Main Subs/Other Headliners 2017

Krisesk

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Wot? That's not fair!

National aside, I don't think they've any more R1 appeal than anyone else up the top there. Plus they've already done the third down slot so I'm not so sure it'd be much of a deal to them. And they've got a headline set ready to go so could easily plonk it on Other Stage.

Then again tho, supporting Foos a few days before.

Theyve supported the Foos for years. That seems the most likely spot for them, unless they want contrasting subs and put them under Ed

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, SPTFRE said:

@eFestivals, is the Green Day thing dead in the water?

Very probably. It's not like it was ever really believed anyway, and the only real reason it's still existing is because of what 'the tip off' said about being the same night as Ed (and efests having Ed down for Saturday at the time, and GD only being available on Sunday).

It's not impossible that there's still an Other headliner to be officially revealed, tho I reckon all three are most-likely in what was announced today.

Like the Jamiroquai one I'm pretty sure they're not happening but there's still a slim chance - so for the moment I've decided to leave them there (I have just pruned a few others tho).

31 minutes ago, Half Man Half Mattress said:

I know she's huge but not convinced Katy Perry will sub. If she was subbing I'd expect her to appear on the poster before The National. Cant see The XX and Biffy not playing Pyramid.

poster positions aren't all that. In 2014 The Black Keys were behind all sorts of acts and they still ended up subbing

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wot? That's not fair!

National aside, I don't think they've any more R1 appeal than anyone else up the top there. Plus they've already done the third down slot so I'm not so sure it'd be much of a deal to them. And they've got a headline set ready to go so could easily plonk it on Other Stage.

Then again tho, supporting Foos a few days before.

I should have specified I meant over The National! Girlfriend is set on seeing Ed Sheeran so need to hope The National aren't Sunday headliners which looks like a good fit for them.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

how's it click bait when i didn't give a link to be clicked? :blink:

I did do it for a reason, but not that one. 

FFS. :lol:

He's not saying yours was clickbait.

He's saying other sites will pick up your tweet and run a clickbait story on it.

I think.

I'd take Perry into Radiohead. Two acts I want to see and it'll be easier to slip through the exodus and get a bit closer if I'm already there. If you arent watching Perry and are going to Radiohead you won't want to time that wrong. Will be carnage. 

I Imagine Perry will get a far larger crowd than RH as well.

1 hour ago, Half Man Half Mattress said:

I know she's huge but not convinced Katy Perry will sub. If she was subbing I'd expect her to appear on the poster before The National. Cant see The XX and Biffy not playing Pyramid.

You can't see The xx and Biffy not playing the Pyramid but you can see Katy Perry not playing the Pyramid...?

@eFestivals, do you still think Justice are headlining Other? I see you have them down as Other, and they'll surely be headlining whatever stage they're on. I had them down as JP as I don't see them as a good fit for an open-air stage, but the lack of clear choices for WH makes me think they could be there