Main Subs/Other Headliners 2017

Krisesk

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets said:

@eFestivals, do you still think Justice are headlining Other? I see you have them down as Other, and they'll surely be headlining whatever stage they're on. I had them down as JP as I don't see them as a good fit for an open-air stage, but the lack of clear choices for WH makes me think they could be there

the info I've had is that they will defo be on Other. I can't guarantee that info is accurate, tho my hunch is that it is.

The info I had also had them as headliners, tho that part I'm slightly more dubious about, even tho that's a perfectly reasonable slot for them to fill. I'm dubious for 2 reasons: that other info from the same direction said wiley/stormzy/etc would headline another night which doesn't appear to be correct (tho might still be), and because there's other possibilities for headlining at least as good as Justice.

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

the info I've had is that they will defo be on Other. I can't guarantee that info is accurate, tho my hunch is that it is.

The info I had also had them as headliners, tho that part I'm slightly more dubious about, even tho that's a perfectly reasonable slot for them to fill. I'm dubious for 2 reasons: that other info from the same direction said wiley/stormzy/etc would headline another night which doesn't appear to be correct (tho might still be), and because there's other possibilities for headlining at least as good as Justice.

Fair enough. I guess it's not impossible they could sub, would be very strange though. They're just about the last band I can imagine seeing in daylight.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Pyramid Subs: The Xx, Biffy, Perry

Other headliners: Major Lazer, Alt-J, Green Day or The Prodigy (I reckon there's still a surprise)

The National on before Green Day/Prodigy.

Justice before ML.

Alt-J are position 13 on the lineup, I doubt that could mean Other headliner tbh

Just now, rzwodezwo said:

Alt-J are position 13 on the lineup, I doubt that could mean Other headliner tbh

They played third on the Pyramid last time and are bigger/the same size as then so Other headliner is definitely right for them (especially next to Major Lazer who are another obvious Other headliner). Poster positions mean nothing.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Can we be put out of our misery as to whether you believe Biffy Clyro will be a Pyramid sub act?

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Is it possible that they had justice pencilled in as other headliners but since booked another act (major lazor?). So justice are now bumped down to headline another stage? Not sure if they shuffle things around after booking bands. 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They played third on the Pyramid last time and are bigger/the same size as then so Other headliner is definitely right for them (especially next to Major Lazer who are another obvious Other headliner). Poster positions mean nothing.

I see. Checked last year's poster and New Order weren't much higher either who ended up headlining. Time will tell, I guess

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Can we be put out of our misery as to whether you believe Biffy Clyro will be a Pyramid sub act?

I'm only guessing, but I reckon they can only be Pyramid sub or Other headliner. Take your pick.

My first guess puts them playing before the foos, tho that's before I've thought about who else might play in that slot.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Nope they don't but Pyramid 3rd down doesn't mean Other headliner.

ML I can't see below Other headliner myself, Other sub would be very strong.

Justice are just about the only act on the bill that could possibly sway me away from RH. But it would all depend on how I'm feeling at the time. I get stressed out just thinking about it.

If Justice were to not headline a stage it would obviously be better for me clash-wise but I definitely wont enjoy it anywhere near as much. They are probably the most headline or nothing sort of act on the poster to me. And having watched some of their new set up I can't see them wanting to get rid of the lights and the effects.

Edited by mjsell

3 minutes ago, CHRLY said:

Royal Blood > Biffy Clyro > Foo Fighters. 

Read it and weep.

How many times, RB can only do Friday.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm only guessing, but I reckon they can only be Pyramid sub or Other headliner. Take your pick.

My first guess puts them playing before the foos, tho that's before I've thought about who else might play in that slot.

I guessed one of them but for who else makes more sense on Other I don't see it. Justice Other headline if true, Major Lazer should be and would fit Sunday but so do The National/The XX

Just now, The Placid Casual said:

For me, it has to be:

Subs: The National, Biffy Clyro, Katy Perry

Other: Major Lazer, Alt-J, The xx

Someone's probably said this, so if so I agree with you. Top notch guessing.

this is my guess. The one I cited with The National before Prodigy/Green Day (should they play) seems weird to me in that they would sub on Other while being 5th on the poster.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

sub: The XX, Biffy Clyro, Katy Perry

other: Major Lazer, Alt J, The National

feel extremely confident about that

I would be more confident about The XX headlining the Other, and The National being a Pyramid sub tbh.

The National don't really have an other headline set IMO, The xx's new show is quite dance-y, and lots of lights/mirrors that wouldn't work during the daylgiht of a sub slot.

Was the Katy Perry before Radiohead a joke btw?

Because if its not - try and work out the subs/ Other headliners without the National being in a shit position. (I have assumed they wouldnt put the National up against Ed with this due to size issues but I may be wrong)

4 minutes ago, The Placid Casual said:

For me, it has to be:

Subs: The National, Biffy Clyro, Katy Perry

Other: Major Lazer, Alt-J, The xx

Someone's probably said this, so if so I agree with you. Top notch guessing.

If Biffy sub Foos then I'd agree with that. Can't really judge whether they'll be Pyramid or Other but I doubt it'll be long until we find out.