2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

2 hours ago, yosoyyoberdi said:

eFestivals, the place where Stormzy is the best Glastonbury headliner in the last 10 years due to his massive influence in contemporary culture and Oasis is just a regular band with a couple recognizable songs. 

My word I could never have put it better than this. Nail on the head.

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

You really don't like it when people on here don't like your favourite bands eh

Why, because I find it funny when one of the biggest and most successful bands of all time get criticised? Haha! I'm all for opinions mate. I've hardly got annoyed or angry about the situation. 

What else are you basing that on, when I defended Arctic Monkeys when some said they were shit? Sorry for that.

5 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Why, because I find it funny when one of the biggest and most successful bands of all time get criticised? Haha! I'm all for opinions mate. I've hardly got annoyed or angry about the situation. 

What else are you basing that on, when I defended Arctic Monkeys when some said they were shit? Sorry for that.

Bro, passive aggressive posts when somebody doesn't like one of your faves is your calling card.

11 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Bro, passive aggressive posts when somebody doesn't like one of your faves is your calling card.

"Shhhh, loving one of the greatest bands of all time isn't cool on here. I bet you throw piss. Can I interest you in The National?"

Passive aggressive? ? It was tongue in cheek/a joke.

Edited by Stokesy10

29 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

Like GOML said, you just get pretty passive aggressive when people don't like those bands.

Just because Oasis are massively successful that doesn't mean they're any good - plenty of massive acts are rubbish and plenty of massive acts are good. I don't like Oasis but I think they have some decent songs. I don't think they're anywhere near being one of the greatest acts of all time but I can appreciate why they're such a big deal and that they're loved by more people than almost any other band.

For years my favourite band were Muse and most people on here disagreed with me and thought they were shite. During that time they were one of the few biggest bands on the planet, but I could still accept that a lot of people thought they were shit and that they certainly weren't one of the greatest bands of all time.

And yeah, I was just referring to this and your reaction when people were saying Arctic Monkeys were shit live.

Part of the reason why some people dislike Oasis so much is that at a certain point in time you really couldn't avoid them, much more so than anyone now. I only vaguely know a couple of Ed Sheeran songs because I am able to actively avoid him. Oasis were everywhere. Yes they were culturally significant but if you weren't really a fan they were pretty annoying.

I saw them live several times (post What's the Story), and have seen both of them solo also but I can't remember a performance I would describe as decent. Yes they would be.a huge deal if they reformed and headlined. Yes they would pack to the field and many would enjoy them no matter what but I'd take freaking Coldplay over watching them again.

Edited by DJL

19 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Like GOML said, you just get pretty passive aggressive when people don't like those bands.

Just because Oasis are massively successful that doesn't mean they're any good - plenty of massive acts are rubbish and plenty of massive acts are good. I don't like Oasis but I think they have some decent songs. I don't think they're anywhere near being one of the greatest acts of all time but I can appreciate why they're such a big deal and that they're loved by more people than almost any other band.

For years my favourite band were Muse and most people on here disagreed with me and thought they were shite. During that time they were one of the few biggest bands on the planet, but I could still accept that a lot of people thought they were shit and that they certainly weren't one of the greatest bands of all time.

And yeah, I was just referring to this and your reaction when people were saying Arctic Monkeys were shit live.

I honestly could not care less if some people on the internet dislike a band that I like. I've obviously come across that way so apologies. I'm all for opinions. I can see why people don't like Oasis, that's completely fine. There's plenty of popular/massive bands I don't like. My (only) comment on the subject today was supposed to be a joke.

I think there's a big difference between getting funny/passive aggressive if someone doesn't like a band you like, and defending a band when people make comments which seem a little snide, for lack of a better word. Referring more to the AM comments rather than Oasis. 

It seems it's OK on here to tarnish fans of certain bands with the same brush, sometimes being personal, but not respond or get defensive about it.

No harm done.

Edited by Stokesy10

40 minutes ago, DJL said:

Part of the reason why some people dislike Oasis so much is that at a certain point in time you really couldn't avoid them, much more so than anyone now. I only vaguely know a couple of Ed Sheeran songs because I am able to actively avoid him. Oasis were everywhere. Yes they were culturally significant but if you weren't really a fan they were pretty annoying.

I saw them live several times (post What's the Story), and have seen both of them solo also but I can't remember a performance I would describe as decent. Yes they would be.a huge deal if they reformed and headlined. Yes they would pack to the field and many would enjoy them no matter what but I'd take freaking Coldplay over watching them again.

Begs the question; why see them so many times (and solo) if you don't think they're much cop live?

34 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I honestly could not care less if some people on the internet dislike a band that I like.

It's okay to care. Normal, even, if someone is genuinely a fan of someone whose music means a lot to them and they haven't just been forced into liking a band by their peers or whatever. Just don't be an ass, it comes across as being insecure about your opinions. That's all.

5 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Begs the question; why see them so many times (and solo) if you don't think they're much cop live?

Long story short but friends have always been in to them and I love going to gigs/festivals. I remember a Reading and a Benicassim on a Thursday night when there wasn’t anything I particularly wanted to watch alone... and a Wembley Stadium gig all my mates were going to. I had fun at these, I knew all the songs and was drunk with my mates but it was not because of their live performance.

Saw part of a Noel set and, later, Liam at Latitude because friends wanted to and there were no major clashes. I’m sure they were exciting around Definitely Maybe and Knebworth was a significant moment in time... but since? I personally have no interest.

7 minutes ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

It's okay to care. Normal, even, if someone is genuinely a fan of someone whose music means a lot to them and they haven't just been forced into liking a band by their peers or whatever. Just don't be an ass, it comes across as being insecure about your opinions. That's all.

I'm sorry, but the comment I made today was not me being an ass. That's a bit harsh. It was a joke. 

Other people make similar comments on here but have been posting a lot longer so it's easy to know if they're joking or not. I haven't got that luxury yet, it seems!

The person I quoted found it funny at least ?

9 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

I'm sorry, but the comment I made today was not me being an ass. That's a bit harsh. It was a joke. 

Other people make similar comments on here but have been posting a lot longer so it's easy to know if they're joking or not. I haven't got that luxury yet, it seems!

The person I quoted found it funny at least ?

Yeah I definitely wouldn't have said you've been an ass with anything you've said. And in response to your reply to me above, yeah no harm done of course, I was only really being flippant with my post about you not liking it when people don't like your favourite bands anyway.

2 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Yeah I definitely wouldn't have said you've been an ass with anything you've said. And in response to your reply to me above, yeah no harm done of course, I was only really being flippant with my post about you not liking it when people don't like your favourite bands anyway.

Peace and Love my friend.

But yeh if people don't like Arctic Monkeys come fight me. I mean that aggressively not passively.

?

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

I'm all for opinions. I can see why people don't like Oasis, that's completely fine. There's plenty of popular/massive bands I don't like. My (only) comment on the subject today was supposed to be a joke.

I didn't read it as passive/aggressive in all honesty, I laughed out loud, good joke