Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

1 minute ago, big__phil said:

@fur_q nicely done. So on the top graph, what do the lines represent - an average? (Please explain to me like I'm a toddler)

Sorry forgot to say the line linear trends, i.e. Best line of best fit between the points, 1 per run 

1 minute ago, 40 Days said:

I wish the meteorologists among us would just tell us what's going to happen instead of posting graphs.

It could well be totally dry, it might not be, it might rain a little bit, it might rain a lot. The rain will likely be showers, it might not. There might be cloud, there might not.

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

BBC weather has just changed again and a bit of white wee wee came out.

Not that I believe it of course, week away and all that

and the BBC tend to look at the worst case scenario.

Far too soon to tell - nothing to see here.

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

BBC weather has just changed again and a bit of white wee wee came out.

Not that I believe it of course, week away and all that

I was actually having a wee when I looked at it, so that was a big bonus!!

• Upvote 2

This week on Countryfile:

Ellie Harrison and Sean Fletcher are at the Hay Festival, one of the UK's biggest literature and arts festivals.

Ellie goes behind the scenes to meet some of the writers and artists, the organisers and many of the thousands of visitors who flock here each year. She then heads out to the country for a special wildlife safari inspired by one of the books on show. She also joins the team spotting and tagging adders using radio tracking devices.

Sean is on a literary adventure of his own with a group drawing inspiration from the beautiful Wye Valley countryside. He also meets some local food producers at the festival, including one who's putting a whole new spin on ice cream.

Adam Henson looks at how new technology can help in the fight against drought, and John Craven is here with new news of this year's Countryfile Photographic Competition.

Organic food has never been more popular. The market for it continues to grow as across Britain more and more people are forking out to make sure what they eat is organic. So why is it that the amount of land in the UK farmed organically is falling? Tom Heap finds out.

Can't wait.

5 minutes ago, big__phil said:

This week on Countryfile:

Ellie Harrison and Sean Fletcher are at the Hay Festival, one of the UK's biggest literature and arts festivals.

Ellie goes behind the scenes to meet some of the writers and artists, the organisers and many of the thousands of visitors who flock here each year. She then heads out to the country for a special wildlife safari inspired by one of the books on show. She also joins the team spotting and tagging adders using radio tracking devices.

Sean is on a literary adventure of his own with a group drawing inspiration from the beautiful Wye Valley countryside. He also meets some local food producers at the festival, including one who's putting a whole new spin on ice cream.

Adam Henson looks at how new technology can help in the fight against drought, and John Craven is here with new news of this year's Countryfile Photographic Competition.

Organic food has never been more popular. The market for it continues to grow as across Britain more and more people are forking out to make sure what they eat is organic. So why is it that the amount of land in the UK farmed organically is falling? Tom Heap finds out.

Can't wait.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I'm hoping for a smooth segway from this with the words "talking of droughts... here's the weather forecast for the next week including a bone dry glastonbury festival"

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The answer is always:

Straw Trilby

I've been in the Straw Trilby camp for some years now.  On my second after the sad loss on the shuttle bus in 2013, sometimes I'm envious of a mates choice of a cotton hat though, the ability to fold it into his pocket on a windy afternoon and lack of scratchiness.  Also by the end of the festival the inner lining is filthier than a poorly cared for pensioners undercrackers.