Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Had totally gone off the idea of them headlining the Park after pitching it for ages due to the new album not making much of an impact at all, but there you go! One less clash for me to worry about for sure - I like them enough but don't want to end one of my nights with them.

Yeah, i do like them, but not against the foo fighters

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Me too. They're gonna end up clashing with the Lips aren't they. Or worse still, bunged halfway down on the Other stage. 

Sunday night is gonna be The Cinematic Orchestra I reckon, so you'll probably be alright with the Lips (Park will probs finish early anyway). Its Friday & Radiohead I'm worried about now 

4 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I can see that too. Anyone know how their recent(ish) gigs have been? They still got the chops?

Saw them 2 (?) years back doing the Psychocandy show.

I enjoyed it, but they've never been the most dynamic live act - they rely more on shades-wearing moodiness and dry ice than they do on running around.  Personally I enjoy a more mixed setlist than a full album show, so this gig will be better.

They'd maybe have been my pick to see at the 6Music fest tomorrow night at the Barras, but I was outvoted by the ticket-buyer while I was pulling out the stops for the Sunday.

FWIW I've seen them play outside in the daylight before, so it's not impossible that that comes to pass.  They just tend to turn the dry ice machines up to max so you can only really see are indistinct shadows on the stage.  It could have been anyone up there.

51 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Reckon JaMC will be playing to a fairly empty field if they put them up against the 'head. Must be a massive crossover and seeing as most Radiohead fans are obsessed, they aren't gonna be anywhere else. 

Yeah that's a fair point. 

JPT is potentially a good shout. I mean looking at the lineups last couple of years they could get away with subbing Park - same slot as Savages/Mercury Rev/Spiritualized so wouldn't look out of place. 

They probably haven't even been booked now :P 

6 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Really hope RTJ are Sun subs for Jamiroquai. ATCQ are much bigger than RTJ so should be the Fri hip hop slot on the Pyramid, or for me at least that fits better. That's at least Friday afternoon and Sun night sorted for me, just got to sort everything inbetween now

Think RTJ will be bumped up by more than just the 1 slot from 2015. JP headliner I reckon. 

Agree ATCQ would suit the Friday hip hop slot, potentially a great run of acts Friday on The Pyramid. 

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

Pretty much every TBC we've had so far has been right up my street. Tis gonna be another great year!

I'm banking on a few of the (R)'s, I wonder how many of them usually convert to confirmed?  From previous years it's pretty low I think - even still, with what I have so far it's looking great!

12 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Think RTJ will be bumped up by more than just the 1 slot from 2015. JP headliner I reckon. 

Agree ATCQ would suit the Friday hip hop slot, potentially a great run of acts Friday on The Pyramid. 

Yeah that's what I'm fearing actually because right now there's a lot of potential headliners across the fest I'd love to see. Like someone else said, this year is looking *touch wood* like a fucking awesome year for me personally. Hoping for some more self confirms from the R and SR list

34 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Yeah that's what I'm fearing actually because right now there's a lot of potential headliners across the fest I'd love to see. Like someone else said, this year is looking *touch wood* like a fucking awesome year for me personally. Hoping for some more self confirms from the R and SR list

Yeah there's already plenty from the C and TBC list to keep me happy, crazy thinking that probably represents 10% of the total line up! Gonna be a good one! 

1 hour ago, p.pete said:

I'm banking on a few of the (R)'s, I wonder how many of them usually convert to confirmed?  From previous years it's pretty low I think - even still, with what I have so far it's looking great!

Hard to quantify a rough success rate tbh but from the current (R)'s, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pond, Jamiroquai, Flaming Lips, HAIM, Slaves and Richard Ashcroft confirmed.

2 hours ago, p.pete said:

Overall it's low as you always get some big-name Rs in summer/autumn after the festival that turn out to be pie in the sky, but by this stage pretty reasonable, maybe as high as 1/2?

Clean cut kid just been asked if they were playing on a live at Leeds Twitter question session, answered they hope so. I can't seem to get a link up to work