Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I think Reverend and the Makers are one of those bands that favourites pretty much every tweet mentioning them, at least the positive ones. They're very active on Twitter.

Yeah I've noticed loads of bands do that. Or their record label does. Someone's actual job that... weird.

42 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Well I'd say it depends whether you were wearing a bumbag at the time. And if so, how many bumbags.

None bumbags, I'm afraid. 

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Errr, I think you'll find that the current state of the art in the prime universe are actually quantum torpedoes.

Ridiculous. Totally far fetched. 

On topic. Grandaddy still haven't self-confirmed. I'm getting jittery.

58 minutes ago, Woffy said:

On topic. Grandaddy still haven't self-confirmed. I'm getting jittery.

On Thursday night my man attempted a fairly self aggrandising anecdote about Grandaddy's recent trip to Tel Aviv and how they felt really safe when they thought they were going to be terrified - and got shouted at by the audience about being boycott-breaking bawbags. 

3 hours ago, ___S_o_m_a__ said:

Saw them on the bandstand down near Williams Green couple years back. Great band. Looking forwards to a confirmation. 

Got a direct response to my question Soma, looks like a self confirmation to me!

Screenshot_2017-03-25-18-04-38.thumb.png.e8eca1cc0e8dd1b5f49641914e5daac7.png

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

On Thursday night my man attempted a fairly self aggrandising anecdote about Grandaddy's recent trip to Tel Aviv and how they felt really safe when they thought they were going to be terrified - and got shouted at by the audience about being boycott-breaking bawbags. 

Having spent a fair amount of time living in semi-rural America this doesn't surprise me in the least tbh.

39 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Having spent a fair amount of time living in semi-rural America this doesn't surprise me in the least tbh.

I don't think anyone held it against him, but his penny-drop moment when he realised that his story wasn't really playing that well was quite something to behold.

Like Elmer Fudd when he realises that it's the first day of Elmer Fudd hunting season.

35 minutes ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Ah I don't have twitter. Hmmm could be any English festival though I suppose? If there was a big G or something I'd be saying it's a definite. Are there rams at Glastonbury??:P

It's a sheep on Twitter but shows as a ram on here. Odd. But anyway, the cow sways it :)

1 hour ago, sunnydaysblue said:

Ah I don't have twitter. Hmmm could be any English festival though I suppose? If there was a big G or something I'd be saying it's a definite. Are there rams at Glastonbury??:P

Well that's obviously because the set is going to be fucking RAMMED, like full of the hard ass motherfuckers who love Kodaline and only ever listen to Kodaline and will punch the fence right down to get to that set (I've actually never heard of this band before today like, I'm just throwing out suggestions what it might mean, keeping the discussion going).

6 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Well that's obviously because the set is going to be fucking RAMMED, like full of the hard ass motherfuckers who love Kodaline and only ever listen to Kodaline and will punch the fence right down to get to that set (I've actually never heard of this band before today like, I'm just throwing out suggestions what it might mean, keeping the discussion going).

They're basically a JP-sized Coldplay. Shiters.

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

They're basically a JP-sized Coldplay. Shiters.

I put some serious research hours into that post before I made it, I thought maybe what if they turn out to be like a bunch of boundary-pushing edgelords, so I googled them and within about 5 seconds it was plain to see that they were pointless nobodies. Didn't even have to listen to any of their music, which is handy because that would've interrupted the satanic rite I'm doing right now to try to bring an Andre 3000 solo album into being.