The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

Im getting the resale shakes already :unsure: we've been unsuccessful for the last two years, tried in every resale and even gone through the stress of secret resales. we have three people trying on desktops and iphones and no luck!  What the hell am i doing wrong?!?... i'm dying to go this year but fear it will be another epic fail :cry:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Getting the fear.

So much fear

15 minutes ago, Alking said:

Im getting the resale shakes already :unsure: we've been unsuccessful for the last two years, tried in every resale and even gone through the stress of secret resales. we have three people trying on desktops and iphones and no luck!  What the hell am i doing wrong?!?... i'm dying to go this year but fear it will be another epic fail :cry:

And if I didn't already have it, I'd definitely have it now!

Sadly I have no good advice either...I think I only ever got through to the payment page once (main sale for 2016) and by that time my friend had already bought tickets. If I'd started entering any details it may well have crashed.

I know I've said this already. But I'm shitting it!

Have just roped in my two sisters to help, but I can't imagine they will have a clue what they are doing despite my instructions. The guy I'm paired with for tomorrow is working so he's a fat lot of good, and I've never got through in 5 attempts so far. 

I'm fucked.

Only to say so in order not to forget.

Maddeningly, unchangeable commitments both tomorrow evening and on Sunday morning make it impossible for me to help anyone in the resale.

I am genuinely quite upset about this, but it's not in my control. At least I helped some by getting 5 tickets in October.

Anyway, just to say a MASSIVE good luck to all the eFesters trying in the next few days. I was amazed by the 'How many going back in' thread suggesting that, in fact, there are likely to be a fair few thousand to have a go at.

On that basis, the faithful will prevail.

Good luck, people, and I look forward to reading posts of joy come Friday morning/Sunday afternoon.

:)

Ben
x

Question: Does anyone know if it is potential problem if I am part of 2 groups of 4 trying.

i.e 1st group (me, my girlfriend and 2 friends) and 2nd group (me and parents). If one group gets through and I get a ticket, if then my parents try and put all our names (not knowing I already have a ticket) does this confuse the system and mean they don't go through the final stages? 

Make sense?

2 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Question: Does anyone know if it is potential problem if I am part of 2 groups of 4 trying.

i.e 1st group (me, my girlfriend and 2 friends) and 2nd group (me and parents). If one group gets through and I get a ticket, if then my parents try and put all our names (not knowing I already have a ticket) does this confuse the system and mean they don't go through the final stages? 

Make sense?

Yes and yes. It will give give you an error message. 

I'm assigned to help on Sunday (though can always try for others if I get the chance),  but so far have nobody to help tomorrow so PM me if you need another f5er.  No guarantees obviously but I've been successful in secret resales as well as main sales.

Good luck to all those in need.

2 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Thanks very much for info, but how do you know this info? Also I guess it's only a problem if you both get through at very similar times (ie. group 1 calls to tell the others they have got one?)

It happened to me before. If theres a reg on transaction # 2 thats been used to buy a ticket on transaction # 1 then all of transaction # 2 gets a fuck you from the server. "One or more of your regs have already purchased" blah blah. 

5 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Make sense?

Essential to only be in one group;  if any reg no's in a group have been used the whole transaction fails and you will be deeply unpopular.

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yup.....though I think it highlights the Reg #(s) that've already been used.

But still valuable seconds wasted.

And then when you see its sold out you feel even worse for having gotten up after a 6am finish at a wedding in the middle of nowhere hungover to fuck sitting in the hotel lobby desperately trying to get their shitty wifi to work on your laptop because theres no wifi in your room and realising that the only reason you didn't get a ticket is because a mate went on a commando suicide solo run and got his missus a ticket (max 8 tickets, he bought 1 :() and didn't tell anyone else and she was in your group.

3 minutes ago, The Nal said:

And then when you see its sold out you feel even worse for having gotten up after a 6am finish at a wedding in the middle of nowhere hungover to fuck sitting in the hotel lobby desperately trying to get their shitty wifi to work on your laptop because theres no wifi in your room and realising that the only reason you didn't get a ticket is because a mate went on a commando suicide solo run and got his missus a ticket (max 8 tickets, he bought 1 :() and didn't tell anyone else and she was in your group.

Good God, that's horrific. Fuck

8 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Well if she was in your group why the f#ck didn't he get your whole group one. 

Can't remember the exact specifics but he thought he had a better chance at buying 1 at a time as opposed to the whole group or something like that. Had been kicked out a few times after inputting alI the regs so changed tactics after an hour I think. Didn't know it would mess up the entire group. It was a shoddy attempt that year all round.

You still talking to him?

Yeah. Wasn't actually an issue at all in the end as I got tickets via said contact of his for 3 years in a row, starting that year, so can't complain.

I do want that hungover 90 minutes back though. Just had time after to check out and then drive 2 hours home trying not to vomit behind the wheel

(It wasn't @Wooderson I presume).

It was not. That sort of behaviour wouldn't be acceptable in the Wooderson household. 

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm pleased to say they'll be a chance to win tickets in an efestivals competition sometime soon-ish. :)

(I can't say when exactly, I'm waiting for someone to get in touch with the details about it).

fantastic news ... will I be able to enter for people on here ?

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

fantastic news ... will I be able to enter for people on here ?

I'm not entirely sure what t&c's there might be at the moment, but if i'm able to make it one attempt per glasto registration number that's probably how it'll be done, to be fair to everyone.

Edited by eFestivals

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Oh wow...that's savage.

2 hours ago, danbailey80 said:

Thanks very much for info, but how do you know this info? Also I guess it's only a problem if you both get through at very similar times (ie. group 1 calls to tell the others they have got one?)

Happened to us to, in my first year. Went with a mate and his uni friends. They had four groups of six. One of the girls in the other group hadn't realised someone else had her details. When their group got through and entered details the error message came up. When they tried to correct it they got kicked out, and by the time anyone got back in again the tickets had all gone. I guess it would be a bit easier if she had known this other group had her number, BUT still it wastes so much time because you might both get into the system at the same time and then what do you do? And you only have around 15 minutes this time

51 minutes ago, Miesh said:

Surely after last year you deserve some luck.  Fingers crossed for you and other efests folk x

Me too :( Especially after typing the above story.