The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Urrrmm....short cut keys? For bank details?

Yeah I just have to type in // then cc and it autofills - I don't really need it for the credit card number as it should autofill anyway, but I've got it set up just in case.  Belt and braces you know.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Urrrmm....short cut keys? For bank details?

Oh...if lead booker pays for all four tickets does that mean all tickets go to their address?

That is my understanding of the ticket terms and conditions, tickets go to lead booker.

On 4/13/2017 at 4:41 PM, Smash1984 said:

Apologies if already been posted but Oxfam announced their Glastonbury compitition about an hour or so ago. 5 pairs of tickets up for grabs.

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/get-involved/festivals/glasto-terms-and-conditions?cid=rdt_glasto2017

Never won a competition in my life, not even sure if I'll be able to afford the transport and spending money but given it a go all the same...

Do these competitions get around the registration stuff? If I were to win (lol), could I just bring anyone along with us or would they have to be registered too? 

Edited by RichardWaller

5 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

Yeah, I probably should've read the terms. I'm just lazy.

I think they already need to be registered. (That's what the national express one said). I will enter the Oxfam one after I fail in the resales.

1 minute ago, 6t6o6m said:

I think they already need to be registered. (That's what the national express one said). I will enter the Oxfam one after I fail in the resales.

Haven't got a chance in the resale meself, pay day's a week after and even then can't afford it anyway. Ah, I know a load of people who are registered but a most of em have fell out of love with the festival, if I can't convince any of them to come I'd probably see if I can come to an agreement with someone on here, giving em the ticket in exchange for a lift there and back. If I win a competition for the first time in my life..

Good luck in the resale.

44 minutes ago, RichardWaller said:

Haven't got a chance in the resale meself, pay day's a week after and even then can't afford it anyway. Ah, I know a load of people who are registered but a most of em have fell out of love with the festival, if I can't convince any of them to come I'd probably see if I can come to an agreement with someone on here, giving em the ticket in exchange for a lift there and back. If I win a competition for the first time in my life..

Good luck in the resale.

I believe you need to specify who the second ticket is for at the time of entering to prevent the chance of you offering/selling the ticket to the highest bidder.

8 minutes ago, zico martin said:

I believe you need to specify who the second ticket is for at the time of entering to prevent the chance of you offering/selling the ticket to the highest bidder.

Can confirm this. When I won with the BBC I had to confirm a name within a few hours of winning as the tickets are non transferable and you have to show ID to exchange for a wristband (they were very strict on this last year). Most you have to confirm upfront. 

1 hour ago, RichardWaller said:

Good luck in the resale.

Good luck in the competition, and remember to do the national express one if you haven't. 

I'm sure you'll find someone on here to go with you.

1 hour ago, andyb66 said:

Short keys? Sounds like I need them even if I have no idea what they are! Can someone explain in laymans terms how to set them up??

Here's the link https://www.shortkeys.com/lite.htm.  I set it up a while ago so can't quite remember how to do it but I think it's fairly self-explanatory.  Basically you can set upto 15 (I think) shortcuts which mean instead of having to type your registration number (and possibly get it wrong) you just type // and then the code - so I have r1 for my registration number and r2 for my friend's and pc1 for my postcode and pc2 for hers.  Give me a shout if you want any more help.

1 hour ago, zico martin said:

1 hour ago, Lucy92 said:

Can confirm this. When I won with the BBC I had to confirm a name within a few hours of winning as the tickets are non transferable and you have to show ID to exchange for a wristband (they were very strict on this last year). Most you have to confirm upfront. 

Did wonder about that. Wouldn't tout it meself, but sure others would given the opportunity. Bet people would be willing to pay silly money..

46 minutes ago, 6t6o6m said:

Good luck in the competition, and remember to do the national express one if you haven't. 

I'm sure you'll find someone on here to go with you.

Cheers, will have a go at that one too.

1 minute ago, RichardWaller said:

Did wonder about that. Wouldn't tout it meself, but sure others would given the opportunity. Bet people would be willing to pay silly money..

Cheers, will have a go at that one too.

You'd be amazed at what people would pay for a ticket! I had a panic as I couldn't get hold of my bf and as I won them so close to the festival neither of us had booked the time off of work so I had to chance his name on the ticket in the hope his work would be nice! (My boss is a babe so he didn't mind) Luckily they were!!

3 hours ago, Beerqueen said:

Here's the link https://www.shortkeys.com/lite.htm.  I set it up a while ago so can't quite remember how to do it but I think it's fairly self-explanatory.  Basically you can set upto 15 (I think) shortcuts which mean instead of having to type your registration number (and possibly get it wrong) you just type // and then the code - so I have r1 for my registration number and r2 for my friend's and pc1 for my postcode and pc2 for hers.  Give me a shout if you want any more help.

Thank you beerqueen 

On 14/04/2017 at 9:46 AM, chrismcb said:

All depends on individual groups. Some people will group with a group of 4, some may only be 2. They will decide themselves how to approach payment, whether its sharing one card, who ever gets through buys or whatever. Its easier for people who have been on here a long time and have met/trust others they might be grouping with. The sheet was done to list people in order of distance so that they could meet up before hand. There is definitely a risk giving someone your details, that's why its advised to try and sort a safer way of doing it, which is down to each group themselves.

Hi Chris, I can help in coach and general resale and I'm on your list but no-one's contacted me as yet. Not sure what to do! 

On 14/04/2017 at 9:46 AM, chrismcb said:

All depends on individual groups. Some people will group with a group of 4, some may only be 2. They will decide themselves how to approach payment, whether its sharing one card, who ever gets through buys or whatever. Its easier for people who have been on here a long time and have met/trust others they might be grouping with. The sheet was done to list people in order of distance so that they could meet up before hand. There is definitely a risk giving someone your details, that's why its advised to try and sort a safer way of doing it, which is down to each group themselves.

Hi Chris, I can help in coach and general resale and I'm on your list but no-one's contacted me as yet. Not sure what to do! 

1 hour ago, dizzymoo said:

Hello dizzymoo,

I now have a group off 4 (2 other efesters, myself and my brother in law) and could do with help. I've lost my list of those who in the past have said that they would help me. I have a vague idea where the list might be (we have moved house since I created the hand written list), but in case I don't find it, am now kind of starting afresh with help requests. Not sure if this is out of order or not? It's going to take some searching but hopefully I'll find the list and be able to PM people with reg details, bank details etc during the week.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Hello dizzymoo,

I now have a group off 4 (2 other efesters, myself and my brother in law) and could do with help. I've lost my list of those who in the past have said that they would help me. I have a vague idea where the list might be (we have moved house since I created the hand written list), but in case I don't find it, am now kind of starting afresh with help requests. Not sure if this is out of order or not? It's going to take some searching but hopefully I'll find the list and be able to PM people with reg details, bank details etc during the week.

Very happy to help Yog. PM me details.  Is this just for the general sale?  If so I can help someone else in the coach sale. Obviously if I get through a second time I can help others in either sale.

Fingers crossed for everyone (except when actually F5ing!)

Just now, dizzymoo said:

Very happy to help Yog. PM me details.  Is this just for the general sale?  If so I can help someone else in the coach sale. Obviously if I get through a second time I can help others in either sale.

Fingers crossed for everyone (except when actually F5ing!)

Thanks dizzymoo. It would only be for the general sale. I'll PM you during the week.

19 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

You'd be amazed at what people would pay for a ticket! I had a panic as I couldn't get hold of my bf and as I won them so close to the festival neither of us had booked the time off of work so I had to chance his name on the ticket in the hope his work would be nice! (My boss is a babe so he didn't mind) Luckily they were!!

Started a new job at the beginning of June 2004, told em I needed Glastonbury off in the interview, surprised they didn't tell me where to go. 

18 hours ago, Madyaker said:

£1000+ id imagine.

To be fair, if I could afford that kinda money and had no other way of getting there I probably would too... Written it off in me head mind.