The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

I am happy to help anyone who still needs a ticket in the resale.  I did the same (unsuccessfully alas) for an efester last year, but luckily he already has a ticket this time around.  PM if you want help, and fingers crossed for everyone trying next week. 

OK I already have two people I'm trying for now so can't help anyone else, but good luck all. 

Edited by Beet
Update

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Having read back some threads on here I am starting to get the jitters for Thursday's sale already.  I am absolutely desperate to go and take my friend who's never been before.  I don't know how helping each other works - I will try again on Sunday for general sale and wil be happy to team up with others as I'd only be trying for 3.  

Could anyone fill me in on how helping each other works.  (I know I've left it a bit late - I haven't been able to bear being on here much since I failed to get tickets in October - too raw).

Last year we were put into groups of four, and this was done quite some time in advance, so you had a chance to get to know the folks in your group. My group did that through exchanging emails and befriending each other on Facebook. This year it seems to be up to folks to form groups themselves (I am available as helper for the Coach sale only; have my own ticket already).

You need to share your registration details with the group, i.e. registration numbers and postcodes. On the day you all start trying and whoever gets onto the booking page books the four tickets. You can keep in touch via a group chat on Messenger or suchlike. 

Since you need to pay in full in the resale this is a considerable amount of money, and only one form of payment can be used.  My group trusted each other with CC details and fixed up afterwards, but this is obviously a personal decision.

Less than three days till coach resale. Am trying to remain calm by telling myself that if anything there is more chance in the resale, because all the people that don't really give a shit already booked V festival, Boomtown or a holiday in Bali 

Fingers most definitely crossed...

6 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Also...does anyone remember if with coaches you have to select the day first or the location? And if you select a place and it sells out when your half way through, does it kick you completely out or do you get to reselect?

Day first, then location :) and I think you get to re select unless it's the whole day that's sold out 

14 hours ago, Lucy92 said:

Day first, then location :) and I think you get to re select unless it's the whole day that's sold out 

Cheers, sorry, forgot I'd asked this question last night when I posted it in the other thread today! But thanks on both counts :)

Had another ticket sales nightmare again. This time I had got through with the payment screen infront of me and i suddenly lost the ability to type. It was horrid. 

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Had another ticket sales nightmare again. This time I had got through with the payment screen infront of me and i suddenly lost the ability to type. It was horrid. 

Just wondering if, in your dream, you ended up nutting the keypad with your head in a vain attempt at processing the transaction further? I think that's the approach that I'd take if taken over by a sudden bout of agraphia. At the very least it would vent your frustration.

8 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Just wondering if, in your dream, you ended up nutting the keypad with your head in a vain attempt at processing the transaction further? I think that's the approach that I'd take if taken over by a sudden bout of agraphia. At the very least it would vent your frustration.

Haha alas no, dream Sally was too worried about what had happened to her ability to control her hands and panicking about the tickets disappearing to have that sort of ingenuity. 

3 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Haha alas no, dream Sally was too worried about what had happened to her ability to control her hands and panicking about the tickets disappearing to have that sort of ingenuity. 

It's all about having a Management Plan to cover all eventualities. 

As a slight aside, I have twice just kind of flipped in to the air and off my bed at the end of a dream. On both occasions I landed on a wooden floor. I recall that in the first dream I reacted because somebody had actually come up to me and lamped me. The second time I flipped out of bed was because somebody fucking shot me. The bastards.

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

It's all about having a Management Plan to cover all eventualities. 

As a slight aside, I have twice just kind of flipped in to the air and off my bed at the end of a dream. On both occasions I landed on a wooden floor. I recall that in the first dream I reacted because somebody had actually come up to me and lamped me. The second time I flipped out of bed was because somebody fucking shot me. The bastards.

Haha, yes...I'll try and remember that next time :) 

I've never actually flipped myself out of bed..... but once i had a dream where a bunch of terrible shit was going down, and I realised it was all so ludicrous that it must be a dream. I'd just watched inception in real life, and in my head decided that if I wanted to wake up from the dream the best way was to kill myself in the dream. So I looked around my bedroom and a gun magically appeared on the side. So I thought "oh that' perfect"...got ready to shoot myself with it and then thought "oh shit, what if this isn't a dream and I end up actually killing myself". Cue more dream time involving me setting myself little tests to try and work out if I was dreaming or not...

Sorry...that wasn't Glastonbury related at all! :lol:

5 hours ago, Sasperella said:

but once i had a dream where a bunch of terrible shit was going down, and I realised it was all so ludicrous that it must be a dream. I'd just watched inception in real life, and in my head decided that if I wanted to wake up from the dream the best way was to kill myself in the dream. So I looked around my bedroom and a gun magically appeared on the side. So I thought "oh that' perfect"...got ready to shoot myself with it and then thought "oh shit, what if this isn't a dream and I end up actually killing myself". Cue more dream time involving me setting myself little tests to try and work out if I was dreaming or not...

Wow, that's amazing. I can't ever recall being able to 'direct' the way a dream was going (lucid dreaming). I don't blame you for not shooting yourself in the dream though. That really would be a gamble too far.

7 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Haha, yes...I'll try and remember that next time :) 

I've never actually flipped myself out of bed..... but once i had a dream where a bunch of terrible shit was going down, and I realised it was all so ludicrous that it must be a dream. I'd just watched inception in real life, and in my head decided that if I wanted to wake up from the dream the best way was to kill myself in the dream. So I looked around my bedroom and a gun magically appeared on the side. So I thought "oh that' perfect"...got ready to shoot myself with it and then thought "oh shit, what if this isn't a dream and I end up actually killing myself". Cue more dream time involving me setting myself little tests to try and work out if I was dreaming or not...

Sorry...that wasn't Glastonbury related at all! :lol:

On the flip side of this. If i ever get up in the middle of the night for a whizz I have to set myself tests to ensure that I am in fact awake and that I am not about to just piss myself in bed.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Wow, that's amazing. I can't ever recall being able to 'direct' the way a dream was going (lucid dreaming). I don't blame you for not shooting yourself in the dream though. That really would be a gamble too far.

I used to be able to lucid dream occassionally but had to train myself to be able to do it. I now havent kept that up and so never manage it, but it does mean I am never fully sure if I'm dreaming or not in those toilet situations these days (specifically when after a night out). Am I dreaming now? No, no I'm definitely not.

13 minutes ago, mjsell said:

On the flip side of this. If i ever get up in the middle of the night for a whizz I have to set myself tests to ensure that I am in fact awake and that I am not about to just piss myself in bed.

I used to be able to lucid dream occassionally but had to train myself to be able to do it. I now havent kept that up and so never manage it, but it does mean I am never fully sure if I'm dreaming or not in those toilet situations these days (specifically when after a night out). Am I dreaming now? No, no I'm definitely not.

No, I can see why it would be a great gamble if you were dreaming about actually urinating in a toilet, only to wake up and find that you'd pissed the bed.

What do you do if you're happy to help? 

I guess that depends on whether people trust me?  (they would be right not to :huh:

If anyone needs help tomorrow or Sunday let me know.  I've successfully purchased more years than most of you so 'ner. 

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Yeh, pretty trippy! 

4 hours ago, mjsell said:

On the flip side of this. If i ever get up in the middle of the night for a whizz I have to set myself tests to ensure that I am in fact awake and that I am not about to just piss myself in bed

Aaaaahahaha, that's amazing! Fortunately, I always know when I'm awake (so far at least)