The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

Probably going over old ground here but anyone who's been involved in previous resale/volunteering how have people generally paid each other if they have been successful in acquiring tickets?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Probably going over old ground here but anyone who's been involved in previous resale/volunteering how have people generally paid each other if they have been successful in acquiring tickets?

I think the main risk is for the People paying the person who got through and bought the tickets. The person who buys the tickets can always cancel them before May if the people they got then for don't pay up, and so will get most of the money back.  However the people who pay up are at risk of the buyer then cancelling them and pocketing all the money. 

2 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

I think the main risk is for the People paying the person who got through and bought the tickets. The person who buys the tickets can always cancel them before May if the people they got then for don't pay up, and so will get most of the money back.  However the people who pay up are at risk of the buyer then cancelling them and pocketing all the money. 

I hear ya.. that would be a pretty crap thing to do tho!!

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I am really sorry everyone, but I'm going to have to withdraw my offer of help in the resale.

April 23rd is the same day as the London Marathon, which Mrs Jass is running so I won't be near a computer at 09.00 that morning.

Sorry again.

HJ

Best of luck to Mrs Jass

10 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I am really sorry everyone, but I'm going to have to withdraw my offer of help in the resale.

April 23rd is the same day as the London Marathon, which Mrs Jass is running so I won't be near a computer at 09.00 that morning.

Sorry again.

HJ

Same! Of all the things i've sacrificed for training and whatnot, having the resale on the day of the marathon is possibly the worst.

A few people have asked for update to the sheet. I'll do them shortly.

Regarding what people were saying about the risk, I would definitely agree. Only deal with someone you trust. That was the reason I was trying to list people in order of distance, so that people could group with someone nearby and meet up or whatever. Whether people have done that or not, I'm not sure. Makes it easier if people live close. To be honest I myself, although a member for quite a while but haven't been active every year, possibly wouldn't do it but as others have said, some people have met people on here and trust them as they know them. If you dont feel comfortable dealing with someone, dont risk it. If you are on the list, you can be taken off it.

Hope all of you get tickets!

Just a quick question has any tried to get tickets by phoning SeeTickets and if so how easy/difficult is it?

EDIT: Just seen that you can't buy them via phone this year so ignore that.

I've been so optimistic for months about the re-sale as I got 2 tickets in last years, but now the nerves and panic has hit me, don't know how I'm going to keep these next 2 weeks!

Edited by nathy137

30 minutes ago, nathy137 said:

I've been so optimistic for months about the re-sale as I got 2 tickets in last years, but now the nerves and panic has hit me, don'know how I'm going to keep these next 2 weeks!

Same here...we've always managed to get resale tickets before, but now the anxiety had hit. So much so that I had the bloody refresh dream last night. And I have a ticket!!!! Why is my subconcious doing this to me??

2 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Well I think my Glastonbury dreams may have ended. I've just got a job interview in London (wahey!) that's the day before the resale, problem being coming from Liverpool it's going to fleece me about £150 for the train down :( Talk about bittersweet!

That's outrageous - have you tried using ticketsplitter?

2 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

Well I think my Glastonbury dreams may have ended. I've just got a job interview in London (wahey!) that's the day before the resale, problem being coming from Liverpool it's going to fleece me about £150 for the train down :( Talk about bittersweet!

I miss the days when they use to pay fr your travel down to a job interview, plus sometimes accommodation allowance! Nothing I hate more than having to spend a lot of money getting to a job interview, then failing to get the job- 'tis like a double whammy! Lots of good luck for the interview, it sounds like the potential job is very important to you

A dilemma for me too.  On April 23 I'm due to be at my first festival of the season (Something Else in the Dean Warm Up).  Don't know whether to cancel that festival or put my faith in my mates.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

I miss the days when they use to pay fr your travel down to a job interview, plus sometimes accommodation allowance! Nothing I hate more than having to spend a lot of money getting to a job interview, then failing to get the job- 'tis like a double whammy! Lots of good luck for the interview, it sounds like the potential job is very important to you

I know that's what's worrying me, I find out on the day and all if I get through to the next stage. Thanks pal, I'm graduating in July so really wanting to get off the bat so I can leave my soul destroying part time time job ASAP!

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

http://splitticketing.co.uk

(in case he's never heard of it)

Hadn't heard of that so had a look, seems to make it a wee bit cheaper cheers Mr.Tease! The worst thing is, this is the price with a 16-25 Railcard added on! :o:o