The Unsuccessful

FloorFiller

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see everyone resurfacing again. I've been away for a while as well, trying to find a decent job is taking much longer than expected. On top of that I found out I'm becoming a father this summer so we've been spending a lot of time making the house baby proof. But before the responsibilities come knocking on my door, me and my mate are determined to do Glasto (at least) one more time, especially since we'll be celebrating our 10 year 'on tour' anniversary-thing. (10 years since our first concert. Time flies.) Seeing Barry Gibb on the actual line-up nearly gave us a heart attack, we REALLY have to be there. Bring on resale day, we're gonna claim those two tickets!

I also started looking for jobs at the festival site again, but couldn't find any volunteer jobs. I expect those are all filled up by now?

9 minutes ago, Robinn said:

Nice to see everyone resurfacing again. I've been away for a while as well, trying to find a decent job is taking much longer than expected. On top of that I found out I'm becoming a father this summer so we've been spending a lot of time making the house baby proof. But before the responsibilities come knocking on my door, me and my mate are determined to do Glasto (at least) one more time, especially since we'll be celebrating our 10 year 'on tour' anniversary-thing. (10 years since our first concert. Time flies.) Seeing Barry Gibb on the actual line-up nearly gave us a heart attack, we REALLY have to be there. Bring on resale day, we're gonna claim those two tickets!

I also started looking for jobs at the festival site again, but couldn't find any volunteer jobs. I expect those are all filled up by now?

Oxfam have a waiting list, shelter might as well. I know last year dc site services were recruiting close to the festival as well

30 minutes ago, Person 2 said:

Well there solves all my problems, i was just being an idiot :)

I thought it had closed too until a few days ago when a friend registered (she's been very sick over the last few years and it finally on the mend so wants to celebrate with Glastonbury!) 

Can someone please start the "Disappointed with the lineup" thread?!- I'm starting to worry that there are none of the usual proclamations that this is the worst lineup ever, and that there is only one or two acts the ticket holder wants to see so they are considering not going!

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Can someone please start the "Disappointed with the lineup" thread?!- I'm starting to worry that there are none of the usual proclamations that this is the worst lineup ever, and that there is only one or two acts the ticket holder wants to see so they are considering not going!

Most people cancel due to change in circumstances rather than not liking the line up. A friend of mine has had to cancel, there's still hope :) 

18 hours ago, Fishman said:

Hello ...

Emerging from my hole for the first time in months. Do we reckon the line-up poster is good or bad for us 'unsuccessful'?

The lunatics on here will go regardless of the line-up but it's those pesky part-timers who bugger it up for the rest of us. Will the demand go up with that poster?

Oh - and I've always been coach since 2013 without a ticketing hitch. Until ..... 

I'd love to know what the demand actually is, how many people tried to get tickets in the first coach sale and standard sale, and how many will try in the resale. Pure hunch, but I reckon we must be looking at 10/1. 

I've had a good success rate overall... Since me first one in 2002, I've missed 5, 7, 8, 9, 11 and 15 so far. Wish I'd made more effort, but was at uni 8 and 9 and if I weren't on the verge of dropping out I probably wouldn't have gone 10 anyway..  15, I messed up with, got up to the booking page and didn't realise you couldn't use a credit card to stick the deposits on. Oops. Didn't try for this year but kinda wishing I had, even though I've got loads on.

Edited by RichardWaller

5 minutes ago, Smash1984 said:

Any thoughts as to the resale dates this year? I've seen elsewhere someone suggesting Thursday 13th coach and Sunday 16th general but wondered if this would be likely given it's the bank holiday weekend.

Been spoken about a page or two earlier- on last years timetable, those dates are when it would be, however we're not sure if the sales will be moved to the following week because of the bank holiday- we should find out once the ticket balance payment dates are over 

To hopefully, reassure the people who are worried about demand / people putting tickets back.  I managed to get resale tickets in 2013 (Rolling Stones year) and we managed it with help. My thoughts are the line-up has little effect on the demand for resale tickets, a large group of 15 extended friends missed out on tickets this year and aren't bothering with the festival and are going to Bali instead. For them, it's more of a social thing which they can do anywhere.

Don't give up yet - the resale hasn't happened and there's always the secret resales :)

2 hours ago, Smash1984 said:

Any thoughts as to the resale dates this year? I've seen elsewhere someone suggesting Thursday 13th coach and Sunday 16th general but wondered if this would be likely given it's the bank holiday weekend.

Most likely Sunday 23rd for the main resale, and the Thursday before for the coach resale.

Based on the number of people who register I'd say your chances of getting a ticket in the main sale are around 1 in 10. No idea for the resale. Obviously there's less tickets available but I'd say less people try too.

Edited by Madyaker

32 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

Based on the number of people who register I'd say your chances of getting a ticket in the main sale are around 1 in 10.

One in ten

One in teeeeeeeen.

Don't wanna be your monkey wrench

Sorry.

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Most likely Sunday 23rd for the main resale, and the Thursday before for the coach resale.

Cool, thanks to those that replied. Thankfully I already have my ticket but just inquiring as said I would help some others try in the resale. On that note, I'm trying to two people so space for two more if anyone needs a hand on here. Drop me a PM if so, happy to help where I can.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

Based on the number of people who register I'd say your chances of getting a ticket in the main sale are around 1 in 10. No idea for the resale. Obviously there's less tickets available but I'd say less people try too.

Might not be a bad guess - then having multiple people trying for you hopefully improves the odds

On Friday, March 31, 2017 at 3:33 PM, p.pete said:

Might not be a bad guess - then having multiple people trying for you hopefully improves the odds

The only complication is that since everyone probably has multiple people trying for them, then it cancels out the advantage! Everyone having 5 people try for them is the same odds as everyone having just themselves trying.

It does however slow the process down so they don't sell out in the blink of an eye (hopefully!) 

18 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

The only complication is that since everyone probably has multiple people trying for them, then it cancels out the advantage! Everyone having 5 people try for them is the same odds as everyone having just themselves trying.

It does however slow the process down so they don't sell out in the blink of an eye (hopefully!) 

Also increases the odds of someone being in more than one group, which just royally screws over people! 

I will be trying in the coach and general resales and will travel anywhere for a coach. If I am not successful, I will just have to accept it (obviously).

On the other hand, I have never been successful myself, so this could be my time haha