Knobs

elias

I heard two types of accents far more than any other - scouse accents and posh accents. One of those is far, far more annoying than the other, I'll let you decide which is which :lol:

i had my first greenpeace shower on Sunday which was a bizarre experience, it ended up being with nine scousers and it was completely fine, funnily enough! I guess when you're naked you can't have your wallet/hubcaps/other lazy stereotype stolen from you :lol:

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, swede said:

You should also try having a Hull accent, sometimes southerners think im speaking foreign

Haha m8, I was outside the Reading festival once speaking to a lad who lived around the corner, we walked with him chatting for about 15 mins, headed to his where he was giving us a drink of water. When we got there he gave us the drink, then asked me which part of Scotland I was from. :banghead:

I have to say I didn't encounter any knobs. But didn't hang around main stages that much. Met so many lovely people, had so many lovely chats. Met a dude called John (I think) while chilling at the outdoor theatre, we watched New York Brass Band, had such a laugh with him. Loads of great people and chats in the healing fields, stone circle, green futures, camp site. Just some bloody great fun. One of my favourite years. laughed so much, sorry if you were any of the people Sunday night me and me pal encouraged to drink tequila while we sang a stupid song it you, but thanks if you did have some. We got rid of it, which was the plan all along. Also cheers to our neighbours in Bushy. You were badass.

hopefully see y'all next year

9 hours ago, incident said:

Sleep with Earplugs in. It seems like a fairly obvious solution and something I've been doing at Festivals for about 15 years now after the first time I had that kind of issue (the most boring bloke in the world with the most monotone voice in the world somehow ended up right outside my tent, until 6am). Since then I've found decent disposable earplugs (ie any rated higher than 30db) work a treat. Don't think it's realistic to expect everyone to be silent at a campsite.

Yeah you're right. Hadn't been to Glasto to before but a veteran of many other festivals where it has never been an issue. Will make an investment if I go next time.

To be honest, that was my only issue so think I got very lucky compared to others here

Edited by Digital Monkey (Womad)

WHERE WERE THE NORTHERNERS!?

I spoke to one lovely Scouce girl on Wednesday night, everybody else at the festival was from southern England or the southern hemisphere. Couldn't move for fucking Aussies, were they giving out free tickets on Bondi Beach or something? Couple of Kiwis too. The Kiwis wanted to talk about what dicks the Aussies are, the Aussies wanted to talk about what dicks the Kiwis are.

Only one unhelpful dick I encountered this year. Couldn't get my car out of the carpark and walked over to the only other group there just to ask for a tiny push to get started and he just looked at me and said "a push? hmm I don't know".

Just really fucking pissed me off. I said don't worry about it and he closed the door and the four of them drove off. Asked another guy who arrived 10 mins later and he was more than happy to. Same for everyone else helping each other with pushing. Only takes one though to ruin the spirit.

I only saw one guy weeing in the hedge in Paines... Right next to the empty compost loos!!

Only nos use I witnessesed was 4 lads walking around the pyramid audience selling balloons. This pissed me off no end as there were kids in the crowd.

My major arsehole was the one who came into my tent at 0330 on Friday morning and vigorously rubbed my vaginal area. He was very forceful and persistent and calm. Frightening. I restrained him and he eventually left. Managed to rip his park wristband off and give it to the police. They haven't caught him. Apparently the park give these out to volunteers in campsites but don't record who to. So if any of you know a 30ish 6ft tall white bloke with straggly shoulder length brown hair, clean shaven, slim build... Who needed a new blue plastic wristband with 'the park' written In red with a cow either side, let me know. He's wanted! And the wristband is with police for dna. 

Edited by Curlygirl

8 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

I only saw one guy weeing in the hedge in Paines... Right next to the empty compost loos!!

Only nos use I witnessesed was 4 lads walking around the pyramid audience selling balloons. This pissed me off no end as there were kids in the crowd.

My major arsehole was the one who came into my tent at 0330 on Friday morning and vigorously rubbed my vaginal area. He was very forceful and persistent and calm. Frightening. I restrained him and he eventually left. Managed to wrip his park wristband off and give it to the police. They haven't caught him. Apparently the park give these out to volunteers in campsites but don't record who to. So if any of you know a 30ish 6ft tall white bloke with straggly shoulder length brown hair, clean shaven, slim build... Who needed a new blue plastic wristband with 'the park' written In red with a cow either side, let me know. He's wanted! And the wristband is with police for dna. 

This is horrendous. I'm so sorry that you experienced this at the festival and I hope he is caught. 

7 minutes ago, Larraht said:

This is horrendous. I'm so sorry that you experienced this at the festival and I hope he is caught. 

thankyou. I'm sorry too. Can't even tell friends and family as they'll worry. I've always told them it's the safest place on earth. This one dickhead of a loser has made me doubt my favourite place on earth. I now won't feel safe walking around on my own. 

the majority were definitely more chilled this year.

Shame the same can't be said for the arseholes in Silver Hayes on Friday night after Protoje. Me and the gf were trying to get out and got stopped dead by a congregation of them and she ended up needing MAJOR assistance as she got stuck in the mud. I had to lift her out of her boots whilst a random bystander (thanks whoever you are!) put her boots back on in the air, did them up and I could put her down again! All whilst the arsehole brigade stood blocking the path and watching, laughing.

@Curlygirl I am truly sorry to hear that happened to you. I hope the Police catch that fucker and bang him up.

7 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

the majority were definitely more chilled this year.

Shame the same can't be said for the arseholes in Silver Hayes on Friday night after Protoje. Me and the gf were trying to get out and got stopped dead by a congregation of them and she ended up needing MAJOR assistance as she got stuck in the mud. I had to lift her out of her boots whilst a random bystander (thanks whoever you are!) put her boots back on in the air, did them up and I could put her down again! All whilst the arsehole brigade stood blocking the path and watching, laughing.

@Curlygirl I am truly sorry to hear that happened to you. I hope the Police catch that fucker and bang him up.

Thanx Mungo, I thought I was alright about it all but I'm clearly not as I'm having nightmares and can't stop thinking about it. I wasn't the only victim. He did it before (or someone matching his description did). The police have been fab but I doubt he'll be caught. That's why I put it on here, there are lots of people work there. 

As for your gf, I do hope it didn't ruin it for her. I helped quite a few people having panic attacks leaving busy areas. Some people were real knobs. It can be scary for some 

54 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

My major arsehole was the one who came into my tent at 0330 on Friday morning and vigorously rubbed my vaginal area. He was very forceful and persistent and calm. Frightening. I restrained him and he eventually left. Managed to wrip his park wristband off and give it to the police. They haven't caught him. Apparently the park give these out to volunteers in campsites but don't record who to. So if any of you know a 30ish 6ft tall white bloke with straggly shoulder length brown hair, clean shaven, slim build... Who needed a new blue plastic wristband with 'the park' written In red with a cow either side, let me know. He's wanted! And the wristband is with police for dna. 

That's a terrible thing to happen, really feel for you, it's the last thing you expect to experience at the festival, sending you lots of love and hugs.
Charm x

@Curlygirl so sorry to hear that, how terrifying!  Were you asleep when he came in? That's the scariest thing I've heard and I feel for you, I hope it doesn't stay with you for too long, but I know that these things have a habit of popping into your head when you least expect it. Will be bringing my rape alarm next year after reading this :(

Sending hugs xx

42 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

Thanx Mungo, I thought I was alright about it all but I'm clearly not as I'm having nightmares and can't stop thinking about it. I wasn't the only victim. He did it before (or someone matching his description did). The police have been fab but I doubt he'll be caught. That's why I put it on here, there are lots of people work there. 

As for your gf, I do hope it didn't ruin it for her. I helped quite a few people having panic attacks leaving busy areas. Some people were real knobs. It can be scary for some 

Have you been in touch with any victim support in your area? It's really important that you are able to speak to someone about this. If you would like me to help you to find a service please pm me your area and I'll do some research and put you in touch.

9 minutes ago, Skoo said:

@Curlygirl so sorry to hear that, how terrifying!  Were you asleep when he came in? That's the scariest thing I've heard and I feel for you, I hope it doesn't stay with you for too long, but I know that these things have a habit of popping into your head when you least expect it. Will be bringing my rape alarm next year after reading this :(

Sending hugs xx

Thanx charm, ohvienna and Skoo, 

thankfully I wasn't asleep, it could've been so much worse! I had just gone into the tent and was sat on the floor with my feet out to take wellies off so my legs were akimbo if you like... He came in and sat on my bed and reached down. He was weirdly calm, as if he was doing nothing wrong. I was shouting very loudly for him to get out. Took about 5 minutes. 

8 minutes ago, Larraht said:

Have you been in touch with any victim support in your area? It's really important that you are able to speak to someone about this. If you would like me to help you to find a service please pm me your area and I'll do some research and put you in touch.

No I haven't. I feel pretty stupid about how I feel about it if I'm honest. I'd be happier if he was caught and couldn't do it again! 

Sorry to the op... Sorta taken over your post!! 

1 hour ago, Curlygirl said:

So sorry to hear this Curlygirl, just to add to everyone else's response and offer support to you and condemnation of this person's actions.  I hope you're able to get good support and this lower than scum pondlife is caught.

As much as the other "knobs" can be annoying, what happened to you is from a different league of scum bag.

I hope you are ok and the experience doesn't put you off attending the festival in future.

Shocking to think this could happen. We had one female with us. My mates wife. She was after going back on her own to the tent on Friday night. We convinced her to stay out with us all. Scary to think what could have happened.

Where was your tent? Hopefully the fucker is found and you are ok.

Only had 1 'bad' encounter. Sunday morning at the stone circle me and my other half were sitting a top one of the rocks. 2 guys decied to sit below us where are muddy feet are dangling. I warn em they say its fine. A few minutes later he goes to sit up and hits his heaf on my shoe. Proceeds to threaten to push us both of. Then sits back down. Sun rises. He doesnt even watch. 

thanks for stopping and helping people - I blame her really, shouldn't have stepped off the path. I was planning to push through the people congregating then BANG straight in the sticky mud.

I can't believe that guy. I feel bad enough you were a victim when I thought you were the only victim..... but now I know you are not I am even more appalled.

30 minutes ago, Curlygirl said:

No I haven't. I feel pretty stupid about how I feel about it if I'm honest. I'd be happier if he was caught and couldn't do it again! 

Sorry to the op... Sorta taken over your post!! 

Of course you would be and I really hope he is caught. In the meantime though, if you feel like you are able to there are many organisations out there to offer support. Sadly, something similar happened to my friend on a night out. She decided not to get any support initally (I suppose she kind of thought it wasn't a big deal as it was 'a groping' rather than rape). Still, she went in the end and received counselling and support while the case went through court which she found really helpful. Please don't suffer with this worry alone, even if you find the ability to just tell a friend. I hope everything works out for you.