Madabout G

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

He still headlines festivals around the world so, like Elton, is probably a bit too big for it at the moment, but definitely seems like a good contender for it somewhere down the road

Elton too big for it, all the venues recently arent exactly massive, nor have they sold instantly. If offer the Legends spot he would jump at it.

10 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Bloody hell I had 2 minutes in the Nal vs Brian Ferry sweepstake. 

Less than a minute when you haven't even been posting much today. That's impressive!

I could almost hear B r y a n F e r r y being typed on a keyboard somewhere in Glasgow........

5 minutes ago, mcshed said:

John Fogarty would smash the legend's slot.  Loads of tunes everyone knows, Eavis is a fan, sounds perfect to me.

He definitely would smash it, but given how good he was last time, I'd have him headline West Holts. Can't imagine a slot on the Pyramid being half as good as that was.

8 minutes ago, Odessa said:

If the Spice Girls reunion happens would they be likely to take this slot, or are they too young?

it's just the three of em (Emma, Geri and Mel B) reforming now (calling themselves GEM) and no, they wouldn't take this slot, even if it was the five of em. i doubt Glastonbury would book em at all in all honesty

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

it's just the three of em (Emma, Geri and Mel B) reforming now (calling themselves GEM) and no, they wouldn't take this slot, even if it was the five of em. i doubt Glastonbury would book em at all in all honesty

I think the rumour is they're playing next year's BST? So presumably they need a top up on the finances.

Oh and agreed - can't see them ever being at Glasto at all.

7 hours ago, Odessa said:

Virtually no chance considering how rarely he plays the UK, but if he does play he is undoubtedly a headliner.

Is he? Bigger than Paul Simon in the UK? He's one of those artists that's a much bigger deal in the states than here. Look at the difference between the UK and US singles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Petty_discography

He's certainly old enough for the legend slot.

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He's a difficult one to place, the Petty. I dunno where they would ever put him if he plays.  

He's kind of at sub level, but they almost never have those sort of heritage acts in that sort of slot, Leonard Cohen excepted.

The 2017 ThunderThumb campaign starts anew then.