Madabout G

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Is he? Bigger than Paul Simon in the UK? He's one of those artists that's a much bigger deal in the states than here. Look at the difference between the UK and US singles.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Petty_discography

He's certainly old enough for the legend slot.

Well, he headlined IOW a few years ago so I can't see him accepting less at Glastonbury. 

46 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

IOW is such an odd grab bag of a festival that I dunno if it's that useful as an indicator. This year's capper of a Stereophonics  / Faithless double bill is something that we're unlikely to see headlining Glastonbury.

That's true, but I can't think of any outright headliners they've had that aren't established headliners.

30 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

One of them is retired, but otherwise, aye.  Three absolute certified smashers, all just waiting for the call.

Eltons the dream scenario for me, think he's savvy enough to do it as well if they asked him. 

Tiny dancer on a Sunday afternoon would be fantastic 

Sunday afternoon or headliner, EJ would go down a storm.  I'd rather he had the full 90-105 minutes of a headline set though, as even then he'd have to leave a few hits out.

I feel if I mention him often enough and for long enough then eventually it really must happen.  I would sing my fucking lungs out.

10 hours ago, at_derby77 said:

Am I the only one here who thinks Elton John is a total w*nk stain ? Couldnt think of anything worse than seeing him on the pyramid !

No, you are quite correct, and many agree with you. 

He's a nasty, spiteful, royalist lickspittle. Regularly reduces people to tears due to his utter lack of respect for anyone he considers beneath him (see the way he treated a steward at one of his gigs for a recent example). 

A grown adult still throwing tantrums. A spoiled man-brat. A grown adult who told his own mother he hates her. 

But hey! he throws a few crumbs to charity! So that makes everything ok then.

I may have missed this summary, from the #RightBazza fansite:

Barry did several interviews after his performance with Coldplay mentioning his plans and future.. Whether he would fill the Legend slot at next year's festival, he replied: "Next year it's Diana Ross. I don't know where I'm going to fit."
Barry will certainly be on the bill somewhere.

After his incredible cameo with Coldplay last week, the singer has been asked by Glasto bosses Michael and Emily Eavis to come back next year for a solo set. Speaking at the O2 Nordoff-Robbins Silver Clef Awards, Barry revealed: "The people there were very kind to me and suggested a show perhaps next year. I would love to return to Glastonbury". "But if it's not next year, it will be the year after, as I'll be on the road anyway."