Madabout G

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm hoping that Ray and Dave will reform The Kinks in the next couple of years. They've sorted out their differences, and they seem ideal for that slot to me.

I seem to remember Lionel being quoted a while back as saying Diana Ross was doing it so there could be some substance behind this.

The Supremes stuff is fine but her solo output has nothing of note other than Ain't No Mountain.

10 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I seem to remember Lionel being quoted a while back as saying Diana Ross was doing it so there could be some substance behind this.

The Supremes stuff is fine but her solo output has nothing of note other than Ain't No Mountain.

OMG that's like me saying Radiohead's only good song is Creep :lol:.  She's done loads of good solo songs - Touch me in the morning, I'm coming out, Upside down, Endless love (well not strictly solo), I'm still waiting, Love hangover etc.  Chain reaction was a huge 80's hit too. I agree nothing much since then though but she'd still have more than enough material with the Supremes stuff too to fill that slot.  Perhaps I just know a lot of them, my mum used to listen a lot so I've kind of grown up with her. xx

3 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

I love the idea of Diana Ross too.

But here's one that will never happen - Barbra Streisand. Barry Gibb wrote and sang on a couple of her songs too.

They did a whole album together, Guilty - my mum used to play that constantly too!  She's got very well documented stage fright though so I think Glastonbury would blow her mind  xx

44 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

What about all her early 80's stuff up to and including Chain Reaction? Heaps of top 5 hits and 3 or 4 number one albums if my memory is right.

Barry Gibb making a guest appearance for Chain Reaction. Given I nearly peed my pants when he rocked up with Coldplay, this would be amazing.

They should have done Gotta Get A Message To You though. 

34 minutes ago, sabre-toothed tart said:

They did a whole album together, Guilty - my mum used to play that constantly too!  She's got very well documented stage fright though so I think Glastonbury would blow her mind  xx

Yes, I know about the stage fright but she does seem to have been performing more in recent years so there's still hope - especially if Barry offers to do it with her?

3 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm not convinced she is.  Going off the incredibly unscientific and unregionalised method of Twitter followers, we have:

Dolly Parton: 3.8M

Lionel Ritchie: 258K

Diana Ross: 46.2K

So, she appears to be 2 orders of magnitude less interesting than Dolly on that basis.

Given that ELO have only 16.6K then Diana Ross is nearly three times as good as them (and I loved ELO).

Also, before he did Glastonbury Lionel only had around 80K so simply doing the festival bumps up your followers lots.

On 28/06/2016 at 2:58 AM, ohvienna said:

Would love to see Elton John play!

The guy is one of my biggest music idols. I'd give anything to see him live but times running out. I'd booked to go away this year then found out he was doing a UK tour. Pretty effing gutted. He also mentioned something about wanting to see his children growing up, which must mean he's going to call it a day soon.

I mentioned him for Legend Slot in the 2017 prediction thread but as someone rightly pointed out, he'd probably want headline. And rightly so. The guy is one of the greatest musicians of all time.