666 members have voted

1. 1. Are we IN or OUT

• IN
    • OUT

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit worried that there might be a fair few arguments and friend fallouts going on at the festival and campsites, (well, more than there normally would be anyways...!), caused by people from both sides arguing offensively and defensively as one group of voters are not going to be too happy once the results come in. The solo camping groups on here will be full of people with mixed views on the EU vote. There could be the potential for some discord there among people camped together in close proximity who are for the most part, relative strangers. Going to be an interesting day Friday 24th June at Glastonbury...!

20 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

There won't be another indy ref until polling has swung sufficiently in Yes' favour (i.e. up to 55% or above) as they can't afford to lose a second. As Neil says leaving the EU won't in itself cause that kind of shift, but if things do start shifting downwards as a result of our exit it plays into Yes' hands. As Woody says, it's not going to weaken the cause. 

Perhaps.

Tho what weakens the cause of Scottish indy? Scottish indy does.

Some people can do the simple maths to get an understanding of how it goes, while 23% of SNP supporters call the SNP liars every March.

20 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

An Brexit, followed by a Tory victory at a snap GE with the potential of Johnson and Gove as PM and Chancellor respectively could see support for independence creeping back up again.

Nothing's impossible, tho the chances of people saying "it's so unfair that brexit has made us poorer so let's make ourselves poorer still" are pretty slim I reckon.

21 hours ago, Mr.Tease said:

My main concern is that that post-eu uk would be shaped by the tories and ukip, so expect attempts to undercut European rivals with shitter pay and conditions, business regulations etc

A frightening thought.  Like Farage saying that if tariffs are placed on our exports we would respond by putting tariffs on imports.  Great, so that will make goods more expensive, trade more difficult and the people footing the bill?  You and I, through higher prices.  But hey, at least we won't be paying the EU directly from taxation, just indirectly from our pockets.

Thank you all for voting IN.  I have written to my Turkish family and relatives. They cannot wait to come to Britain.

The average wage is £500/month, schooling is not as good and health care is poor. It is so good that you are happy for longer hospital waiting times and larger school classes.

Get ready to welcome up to 70 million Turk's. And you won't be able to say No.

6 minutes ago, Thevorpalblade said:

Thank you all for voting IN.  I have written to my Turkish family and relatives. They cannot wait to come to Britain.

The average wage is £500/month, schooling is not as good and health care is poor. It is so good that you are happy for longer hospital waiting times and larger school classes.

Patter.

4 minutes ago, Thevorpalblade said:

Why? They don't have EU passports.

15 minutes ago, Thevorpalblade said:

hello Nigel.

1 hour ago, Thevorpalblade said:

That's weird, because the EU is telling them No right now. In fact, they're telling them No until they sort out everything you're complaining against.

And yes, wages are low but the cost of living is also significantly lower. If they did get in, surely you'd move over there? Shorter waiting times, smaller classes and your savings will let you live like a king.

The best advert for staying in seems to be the idiots who want to convince us to leave.

Please keep posting @Thevorpalblade in fact if you could do the same all over facebook, twitter, reddit and the comment sections of news sites I am confident it would do much to help convince floating voters in their decision.

4 hours ago, Thevorpalblade said:

I read this as one long farting noise.

You're great at English considering it's your second language.   It's admirable and puts many of our home grown bigots to shame.   Unfortunately it's going to be a long time before they can come over, sorry... 

Edited by clarkete

70 million Turk's what?

Ben

And just to demonstrate that I'm not only a language Nazi, you are aware that we all have a veto to new member accession, I take it...?

Ben

3 hours ago, Swine_Glasto2014 said:

In, i dont want to be left alone on a island controlled by the Torys

This should be Cameron's main argument for the in campaign. Just a smug picture of his own face and a slogan - 'Is this what you want?' 

Edited by st dan

3 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Another reason to vote to stay, sadly this kind of coverage is bad for the remain campaign 

image.jpeg

'We want out because we're sick of unelected foreigners telling us what to do'.......ah, the irony.

That pretty much convinces me that Leave has won. Not that it's in any way a suprise as like the rest of the tabloids they've been publishing anti EU stories for years, but I don't think The Sun would go with that front page now unless they were almost certain of the result. They only back winners.

What they've written on that front page is some jingoistic bullshit that isn't hard to pick apart at all, but some will lap it up.

If and when the recession starts I just hope that all the leave voters remember who it was that encouraged them to vote out. I've no doubt that a way will be found to blame others.

Edited by Junglist1981

5 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

That pretty much convinces me that Leave has won. Not that it's in any way a suprise as like the rest of the tabloids they've been publishing anti EU stories for years, but I don't think The Sun would go with that front page now unless they were almost certain of the result. They only back winners. A big part of thier MO is appearing to be on the side of the everyday man, even though of course in reality they'd gladly destroy the life of any everyday man if it suited thier agenda or sold a few more papers. 

If and when the recession starts I just hope that all the leave voters remember who it was that encouraged them to vote out. I've no doubt that a way will be found to blame others.

The majority of people don't vote till 23rd of June. Nothing is over until 10pm when the polls close. I think there are plenty of undecideds who will only make up their mind as the pencil hovers over the ballot paper. The S*n don't know anything more than the polls which are moving all over the place.That's just Murdoch trying to influence the vote his way as per usual. 

41 minutes ago, Levitz said:

The majority of people don't vote till 23rd of June. Nothing is over until 10pm when the polls close. I think there are plenty of undecideds who will only make up their mind as the pencil hovers over the ballot paper. The S*n don't know anything more than the polls which are moving all over the place.That's just Murdoch trying to influence the vote his way as per usual. 

In the past couple of weeks the polls have only been going one way. Loads of people I speak to are voting out. 

The Sun likes to position itself as being the voice of the people to help it spread its agenda laden bullshit.  If leave wasn't a near certainty they would never go with as blatant a headline this early.

IMO this headline isn't about swaying voters, it's been obvious which way they've wanted thier readers to vote all along. The headline today is all about them being able to say "we were on the winning side yet again" thus reinforcing their perceived moral authority which can then be used to spread further more bullshit down the line. 

Next up they'll start gleefully dismantling thier boy Cameron. 

Edited by Junglist1981

7 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Another reason to vote to stay, sadly this kind of coverage is bad for the remain campaign 

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

That pretty much convinces me that Leave has won. Not that it's in any way a suprise as like the rest of the tabloids they've been publishing anti EU stories for years, but I don't think The Sun would go with that front page now unless they were almost certain of the result. They only back winners.

What they've written on that front page is some jingoistic bullshit that isn't hard to pick apart at all, but some will lap it up.

Very concerning, I agree that they only back winners, they'd love another "it was The Sun wot won it" headline. It's just depressing that after Hillsborough and Leveson and god knows how many other lies have been rinsed, washed, repeated and exposed - that there are still people out there who'll be influenced by The Sun. That said it's hard to tell sometimes whether it's The Sun pandering to or leading public opinion, but I think it's more a case of pandering sometimes as you say about them backing winners. Leave and the bullshit that goes with it certainly suits them but the kind of fears Leave is preying on are nothing new. The Sun didn't invent them but certainly appeal to them.

3 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

The Sun likes to position itself as being the voice of the people to help it spread its agenda laden bullshit.  If leave wasn't a near certainty they would never go with as blatant a headline this early.

"When I go into Downing Street they do what I say; when I go to Brussels they take no notice" Rupert Murdoch.

Let's give Rupert back the control he wants. Vote Leave.

Let's give Rupert back control, like his employee Gove says we should. Vote Leave.

It's all about sovereignty - Rupert's. Vote Leave.

Edited by eFestivals