Are we In or Out?

grumpyhack

Are we IN or OUT?  

666 members have voted

1. 1. Are we IN or OUT

• IN
    • OUT

22 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

more people making the mistake in thinking the right wing media=the population of the uk.

fuck the sun.....if nothing else all theyve done is ensure brexit have just lost a huge amount of votes from the city of liverpool and surrounds

I'm sure if we did a poll on here asking people to rank which news papers and sites they distrust most The Sun would be around top. Definitely fuck The Sun, but unfortunately they've still got the biggest circulation in the UK, I wish we could rule out their impact but they seem to have a knack of no matter what shit they fall in they come out smelling of roses. 

Edited by RichardWaller

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

more people making the mistake in thinking the right wing media=the population of the uk.

fuck the sun.....if nothing else all theyve done is ensure brexit have just lost a huge amount of votes from the city of liverpool and surrounds

Last election showed that unfortunately the right wing media both reflects and influences the opinion of enough of the voting population to make a difference. They ran a highly coordinated series of Tory propaganda stories in the weeks and months building up to the vote, all the Tories got an easy ride whilst Miliband was slaughtered on an almost daily basis. Plenty of parallels with the referendum campaign.

Add to that the many working class folk who would have traditionally voted Labour that swung to UKIP last time out.

Really hope I'm wrong, but I think that unless something major happens in the next week to un-make peoples minds then its a done deal. 

Edited by Junglist1981

13 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

There is a reason the sun have left it this late to say who they are backing...  they didn't have a good idea of who'd win. They must believe out will win it.

Nope, you've got that the wrong way round.

They've come out this early in an attempt to keep the momentum towards leave, but NOT because they're sure of winning.

This is Rupert's last ditch attempt to try and ensure he remains king.

Remember, in May 2010 Rupert was into Downing Street to give Dave his instructions before Dave had even appointed his cabinet. Rupert was telling Dave who could be in that cabinet.

Since then, tho, Dave has upset poor old Rupe by holding the Leveson inquiry, and Rupe nearly lost it all before he got Dave back under control, so Dave is dangerous to Rupe and isn't a safe pair of hands for Rupe. Rupe no longer likes Dave.

So Rupe has ordered that his two biggest lieutenants - Boris and Gove - lead the Rupert Rebellion, to have Rupe crowned king again.

But Rupe is worried. Rupe knows he needs to swing it, it's not coming his way otherwise.

Edited by eFestivals

5 minutes ago, Junglist1981 said:

Last election showed that unfortunately the right wing media both reflects and influences the opinion of enough of the voting population to make a difference. 

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/leaving-eu-would-lead-mass-8185106

Um - I would have thought that newspapers such as The Mirror, which is traditionally left-wing, would have been able to influence their own readers. But, apparently not.

According to their current poll of readers, 64% want to leave. Go figure.

While most of the EU countries contribute shares between 0.06 percent (Malta) and 2.04 percent (Denmark),  four Member States, namely France, Italy, Germany and the United Kingdom (UK), contribute greater than 10 percent EACH. Together, these four countries make up over 60 percent of all contributions.

I'm voting IN for fairness.

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

The Sun *only* backs someone who is in Rupert's pocket and not the winner. :rolleyes:

As demonstrated somewhere near you somewhen not so long ago.

So how does it decide who to back in a General Election when the only two parties with any chance of winning have also knelt down to service Rupert?

Just now, Thevorpalblade said:

While most of the EU countries contribute shares between 0.06 percent (Malta) and 2.04 percent (Denmark),  four Member States, namely France, Italy, Germany and the United Kingdom (UK), contribute greater than 10 percent EACH. Together, these four countries make up over 60 percent of all contributions.

I'm voting IN for fairness.

yeah, cos it's fair that other Europeans should pay ten times as much per-person.  :lol:

Thanks for demonstrating the high intellect of leavers and what 'fair' means to them. :)

19 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Nope, you've got that the wrong way round.

They've come out this early in an attempt to keep the momentum towards leave, but NOT because they're sure of winning.

This is Rupert's last ditch attempt to try and ensure he remains king.

I'm definitely of this opinion also.  I think that they feel they can use what influence they have and judge this the best time to play the card.  

I'm voting IN to continue the redistribution of wealth to our Eastern European friends. 

Poland was the biggest recipient. It received €16.2bn in EU funds in 2013.

Overall, Britain's contribution to the EU pot amounted to €17bn in 2013,  only Germany,France, and Italy paid more. 

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So how does it decide who to back in a General Election when the only two parties with any chance of winning have also knelt down to service Rupert?

some are servicing him him more than others, by being more dependent on him.

Like taking his money, for example. Or lying about secret meetings with him. That sort of thing. :)

5 minutes ago, Thevorpalblade said:

I'm voting IN to continue the redistribution of wealth to our Eastern European friends. 

Poland was the biggest recipient. It received €16.2bn in EU funds in 2013.

Overall, Britain's contribution to the EU pot amounted to €17bn in 2013,  only Germany,France, and Italy paid more. 

I'm voting out of paying Council Tax cos the people in the poorest area got the most benefits. Bollocks to everyone but me.

The European Court of Auditors found that£109bn out of a total of £117bn spent by the EU in 2013 was "affected by material error”.

It means that the accounts submitted by Brussels have not been given the all clear for almost two decades.

I'm voting IN coz I don't care.

#naiveyouth

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

So an electoral liability who promised him the earth would still get his backing?

No, it's power he's interested in.

Which is why he's backing leave - which isn't necessarily the winner - because that gives him more power than remain.

I'm pointing out that it's not winners he backs, it's useful people who are in his pocket. He backs himself, nothing else.

10 minutes ago, Thevorpalblade said:

The European Court of Auditors found that£109bn out of a total of £117bn spent by the EU in 2013 was "affected by material error”.

It means that the accounts submitted by Brussels have not been given the all clear for almost two decades.

I'm voting IN coz I don't care.

#naiveyouth

How are is the UK's audit going, something that didn't even exist until years after the EU had it? Oh look, that can verify even less of the spending, and can't be signed off either.

Vote Leave for the worst auditing? :D

I have decided not to vote. My gut instinct is to vote in, but the problem is that I do not know enough in regards to the benefits and negatives to make an informed choice either way.

I have been working pretty much none stop and just not had time to do any proper research and feel like I would be voting blind.

35 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yeah, cos it's fair that other Europeans should pay ten times as much per-person.  :lol:

Thanks for demonstrating the high intellect of leavers and what 'fair' means to them. :)

I can't really tell if @Thevorpalblade is being sarcastic or not, particularly after the crap about Turkey over the last couple of pages. Or maybe that was sarcasm... I don't know.

And I think it is fair that some pay more than others, we've got a tiered tax system here in the UK anyway and I'm a firm believer in from each according to their means to each according to their needs but others' idea of fairness is treating everyone the same. Can't remember which thread, but I think it was @stuartbert two hats who stuck this up the other day;

equality.png

Looks good to me, oddly on the right of this image... Probably should've flipped it round.

In my opinion the biggest problem IN has had it that it underestimated the countries disfranchisement with the EU project and didn't ease those concerns early enough. This decision is not black or white either way and its felt, to me, that with scaremongering that went on and not 'selling' the EU as it could have done has really hindered IN. The public lost all trust in Cameron and the like.

Its says a lot when Boris and Farage sound more trustworthy than Cameron or Osbourne and I honestly believe they do.

I will still be voting IN but I have a feeling it could go now. Leave will need a decent lead in the final poll to counter the standard 'status quo' shift that will happen late.

55 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Remain need yo make sure EVERYONE is aware if that Murdoch quote, sure we've all seen it but how many Sun readers have?

Ah used up my up votes for the day. I'd love it if other papers stuck that quote on their front page, disappointing that Remain haven't used that. That should really put the referendum to bed but you know I'm not sure it really would! I don't think people care much if they're being lied to or who backs up their beliefs, so long as their beliefs are backed up in their view.