Lineup 2018

Drug dogs are only useful for about the first half an hour of them being brought out - after that they become restless and bored as the smell of thousands of surrounding drugs fill their nostrils, and I highly doubt they have them on half hourly rotation. A lot of getting 'picked out' by a dog will actually be the handler deciding you're acting/looking shifty and urging the dog forward towards you. Been to many festivals with many dogs whilst carrying many drugs on my person and not once been sniffed out, or known anybody to be sniffed out, and I guarantee the vast majority of people being picked out are the type who rock up in tracksuits and looking shifty as fuck as, and I hate to generalise, that's what your average 'dealer' will look like. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

According to the tv mag, there's no coverage of Reading on TV at all this weekend. Seems a bit odd. Has the festival become irrelevant? 

Might be wrong but I think it's just on BBC iPlayer instead of having proper coverage 

Edit: this is what they say on their website https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/a969ba16-5550-48d5-a35c-f1b2b54457c0 basically online or Red Button after 8, not BBC 4 like before

Edited by Dangerbreaks
Added source

12 minutes ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Might be wrong but I think it's just on BBC iPlayer instead of having proper coverage 

Edit: this is what they say on their website https://www.bbc.co.uk/music/articles/a969ba16-5550-48d5-a35c-f1b2b54457c0 basically online or Red Button after 8, not BBC 4 like before

Alright cool. Still seems strange there's no coverage on TV though. 

After spending the last 6 months wingeing how bad the lineup is ,I now find myself struggling to keep up with all the bands I want to see.

Wow,Friday alone has BMTH,Fever 333,Front Bottoms,Royal Republic, La Dispute,The Used and Death from Above before wandering around FOB and Wolf Alice

CAN NOT WAIT

If any of you hear me moaning next year, please tell me to shut up.(I’ll probs go on a 5min rant on how bad the line up is but please ignore me)

Edited by rivalschools.price

3 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

After spending the last 6 months wingeing how bad the lineup is ,I now find myself struggling to keep up with all the bands I want to see.

Wow,Friday alone has BMTH,Fever 333,Front Bottoms,Royal Republic, La Dispute,The Used and Death from Above before wandering around FOB and Wolf Alice

CAN NOT WAIT

If any of you hear me moaning next year, please tell me to shut up.(I’ll probs go on a 5min rant on how bad the line up is but please ignore me)

I still think the line-up is weak. I don't care about the headliners / main stage but the smaller stages (including R1) are much weaker for me compared to the past. I agree it turned up OKish in the end (especially Fri with the names you mentioned ;-) but it's rather a luck. R1 is much more mainstream pop and Pit/FR stage is getting more smaller acts, making it a bit like BBC Introducing. This doesn't mean the bands are bad though, just makes it less immediately appealing and requires much more cherrypicking. I would say Pit is a good example, comparing this year and e.g. 2015...

Anyway, enjoy festival everyone!

Went in at 7pm last night and everywhere was rammed (reading) had to settle for brown camp. 

Also, I got searched going in, I'd poured a bottle of whiskey into a plastic bottle but then it was taken off me as "sorry pal, sealed bottles only" since when has this been a rule?? So you can't bring glass in and now you can bring plastic in unless it's sealed?