Weather 2016

Keithy

5 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Why is cardboard good in the carparks? Sorry, having a blonde moment.

To put under the wheels for traction.  Although I did this recently, and admittedly I had parked in a stupid place (basically front wheels half submerged in mud), I tried the cardboard thing, didn't work, cardboard and car dug deeper in.  Had to have big truck come and haul me out.  This was car park at work.....felt very silly.:mellow:

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Kizzie said:

To put under the wheels for traction.  Although I did this recently, and admittedly I had parked in a stupid place (basically front wheels half submerged in mud), I tried the cardboard thing, didn't work, cardboard and car dug deeper in.  Had to have big truck come and haul me out.  This was car park at work.....felt very silly.:mellow:

What a mare of a situation, when you want to just go home and you have to faff around with something like that! It's times like this that a 4 wheel drive would pay off!

The Norwegians now showing around 8-10 MM. of rain on Sun/Mon and dry with sun and partial cloud thereafter until Sunday night. I'd bank that if I could.

46 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

That's because Metcheck is one of the worst forecasts sites beyond the next 24 hours there is. They even have one of the worst 'tomorrow' records there is and tend to always go for the worst possible scenario.

BBC, Met Office and Yr.no combined give the more accurate forecast.

I'm keeping to the met office from now on as its looking positive still.

45 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Don't worry about temps,  they always underestimate them and it always seems warmer as you're walking round and dancing 

And merry!

2 minutes ago, Skoo said:

What a mare of a situation, when you want to just go home and you have to faff around with something like that! It's times like this that a 4 wheel drive would pay off!

Totally, although I was only on my way to a meeting and I knew when I parked it, stressfully late that I was stuffed.:lol:

However, I was convinced that a huge piece of cardboard from the office would sort it.  Didn't.  Neil has bought some mat things for the van (He's turned into the Nal where the weather is concerned), they won't work. :rolleyes:

sont pay too much attention to the 12z gfs run its looks like a major outlier. UKMO (by far the best at predicting precipitation IMO) is showing currently showing the site escaping the worst of the band of rain on Sun/Mon, it's  still in for some heavy sustained downpours over Sunday into Monday but By current indications pilton will fare better than Wales and north western parts. 

7 minutes ago, simonizer said:

Has it all turned to shit again in the space of an hour ?

It's frustrating! We are so close to having perfect festival weather I can smell it! Unfortunately there are threats we must first overcome- the amount of rain sunday/Monday, the drying of the site and also any potential downgrades to the festival weather

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Nah not really. Same as before I think. Norwegian's still predicting stonking weather!

Cool. This is all stating to harsh my buzz.

1 minute ago, fur_q said:

sont pay too much attention to the 12z gfs run its looks like a major outlier. UKMO (by far the best at predicting precipitation IMO) is showing currently showing the site escaping the worst of the band of rain on Sun/Mon, it's  still in for some heavy sustained downpours over Sunday into Monday but By current indications pilton will fare better than Wales and north western parts. 

THat's better and it sounds as if you know what your talking about - i just look at the GFS and cycle through the precipitation. All doom & gloom me!!

4 minutes ago, Splatt said:

THat's better and it sounds as if you know what your talking about - i just look at the GFS and cycle through the precipitation. All doom & gloom me!!

It helps to look at some of the other indicators from the model and that run was showing some wiered stuff that didn't give me too much confidence. UKMO is now starting to come into range and is, in my experience, the best at predicting UK precipitation. 

Just now, jparx said:

https://www.yr.no/en/list/daily/2-2638035/United Kingdom/England/Somerset/Shepton Mallet

Norwegians have updated and it's a deterioration I'm afraid! Varying degrees of rain every day up to and including Wednesday.

Hopefully it's a better picture tomorrow.

I'd take that. 

Could do with no rain overnight on Tuesday (queue) but that Monday rain will dry out in the sun. 

Just now, rpfranks said:

I'd take that. 

Could do with no rain overnight on Tuesday (queue) but that Monday rain will dry out in the sun. 

We'll have a much better idea this time tomorrow. If we get to 9pm tomorrow and the rain on site has been less than expected, we could be golden. 

Thursday, Friday and Saturday look great on the current forecast!

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

https://www.yr.no/en/list/daily/2-2638035/United Kingdom/England/Somerset/Shepton Mallet

Norwegians have updated and it's a deterioration I'm afraid! Varying degrees of rain every day up to and including Wednesday.

Hopefully it's a better picture tomorrow.

Yep, I've thrown my blind optimism in. Site is flooded and there is now more rain everyday between now and gates open. It's gonna be carnage. Shitty uncomfortable wellies and no sitting down for 5 days. I'm getting too old for this sh*t.