Sunday Headliner confirmed - Coldplay

Glastobuddy

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Must be a bit of Irish in there. What the fuck is a sliced pan?

I'm guessing you mean loaf?

:lol:

Yep must be an Irish thing so, never knew that!

Either way, Gnom has probably just woken up now with a proper fear, with a load of texts from mates saying how drunk he was and has already started the round of apologies and promises about staying away from the booze from the next while.

I think we're all due a personal apology from him.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, The Nal said:

:lol:

Yep must be an Irish thing so, never knew that!

Either way, Gnom has probably just woken up now with a proper fear, with a load of texts from mates saying how drunk he was and has already started the round of apologies and promises about staying away from the booze from the next while.

I think we're all due a personal apology from him.

It must be a Celtic thing. We have sliced pan or plain bread up in Scotland too. However it should be plain all the way. Love the crusts and outsiders.

4 hours ago, russycarps said:

What am I reading....le pain is french for bread isnt it? Now the Irish are using it too??

Le Pain is French/English for how one feels watching Coldplay.

P.S. I just rescued this thread from dropping off page 1 by the way. Says it all really. 

Edited by The Nal

9 minutes ago, denwyn said:

There a bit boring, but lots seem happy to have them there AGAIN. More pleased with ELO myself, plus picking Coldplay has made our decision to leave at 10 on Sunday night easier. 

Taking your tents with you this time or were you planning to leave them again?

38 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

I won't be there, but Coldplay certainly know how to do a headline set on the Pyramid. It'll be mainly hits with a few from the new album.

The new album has a couple of good un's. Up and Up and Everglow are probably the standouts, the Beyonce tune is a stinker though!

1 hour ago, Woffy said:

The once-secret love affair continues...

Never made a secret of it, I loved them last time, the 1st two albums are great, Viva La Vida is great, half of Mylo Xylo is great, the other half and everything they have done since, is shite. I'm hoping there is something else I want to see on the Sunday night but if not, I'll go along and probably have a fantastic time.

This is from 2011, loved it (notice the guy throwing the horns on the left. I like to think it's That Crazy Penguin and his secret is out).

FOls1Ms.jpg

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Never made a secret of it, I loved them last time, the 1st two albums are great, Viva La Vida is great, half of Mylo Xylo is great, the other half and everything they have done since, is shite. I'm hoping there is something else I want to see on the Sunday night but if not, I'll go along and probably have a fantastic time.

This is from 2011, loved it (notice the guy throwing the horns on the left. I like to think it's That Crazy Penguin and his secret is out).

FOls1Ms.jpg

I also thought they played a pretty decent set in 2011. It was the last year I went with my parents and it was the last headliner I watched with them, also it's their favorite band so to be there with my family was a great moment.

Don't think I'd see them again though as I'm holding out for Earth, Wind & Fire to be announced for West Holts.

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

FOls1Ms.jpg

I'm just generally bitter because I didn't get tickets that year.

Holy mosh pit, Gnomy! Who KNEW Crazy Guin Guin was a Coldplay fan!!!

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

So... There was probably a 10 to 20% chance of me watching Coldplay. Just seen the setlist from last night...

I'm out.

Argentina

Horrific. As someone who used to count them as a guilty pleasure (up to and including Viva La Vida) that looks absolutely rotten.

29 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

So... There was probably a 10 to 20% chance of me watching Coldplay. Just seen the setlist from last night...

I'm out.

Argentina

Yeah that's absolutely shocking. They've even managed to pick some of the dullest songs from when they were half decent! Yellow is a staple but why on earth would they play Politik over In My Place? Why Green Eyes over The Scientist? Shiver? Amsterdam?

I'm not remotely what you would call a Coldplay fan but it's crazy they'd ignore the few good songs they've done. 

3 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Much as I hate defending the coldplays i reckon they're savvy enough to play more of their 'hits' at glastonbury. 

I was going to say the same thing