Sunday Headliner confirmed - Coldplay

Glastobuddy

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Vanderlyle said:

Yeah - massive complaints because the shit band he picked above all others is also headlining the festival so he gets to see the band that he picks above all others... twice.

Life's a bitch.

Did you miss the part about it how i thought it was going to be a free ticket as part of a present for my Mum, who is a massive Coldplay fan? Or should I have picked for us to all go to a gig that only I'd enjoy on the offchance that I had to pay for my own ticket?

2 minutes ago, mr flow said:

It's a pretty bland choice, but to be fair to the festival, when they do book someone that's not a normal headliner choice (I.E. Kanye) they get nothing but abuse.

It's no surprise that this year's headliners seem so MOTR and "safe".

Kanye was a great choice, before he played. He just turned out to be complete shit on the day.

I might be a little behind on this, but wasn't it widely rumoured that this was going to be their last tour? If so it's fitting that they include a trip to Worthy Farm.as "friends of the festival"

Personally I've always liked them, right from the first time I saw them at V2001 so have no issues with them headlining for a fourth (and presumably final) time. I can understand why a number of punters will be a little disappointed but, as ever, there will be numerous alternatives and sure they'll all find something to enjoy.

1 minute ago, budvar said:

I might be a little behind on this, but wasn't it widely rumoured that this was going to be their last tour? If so it's fitting that they include a trip to Worthy Farm.as "friends of the festival"

This is what I have been thinking, with Neil's info last year about one last headline slot, album, tour etc...  They are getting the godlike genius award at the NME awards this year and it all sounds like they plan to bow out on a high.  Just speculation of course.

12 minutes ago, Withakay said:

Did you miss the part about it how i thought it was going to be a free ticket as part of a present for my Mum, who is a massive Coldplay fan? Or should I have picked for us to all go to a gig that only I'd enjoy on the offchance that I had to pay for my own ticket?

You aren't coming across well in this thread.

Just go, if it's a wish of your mums to go to one last gig with you, suck it up and go.

She loves Coldplay so you're going to see Coldplay, it makes no difference that they are playing at Glastonbury too because she isn't going to be there. 

1 hour ago, Withakay said:

I'm so fucking pissed off. Not because I hate the band or because they're not worthy ('scuse the pun) but because my Dad suggested that his present to my Mum for Christmas would be for me, the Mrs, him and Ma to see a big gig this year. I suggested Coldplay at the Etihad and ran the ticket prices past him before I booked them (he doesn't do ticket sites) under the pretense that we'd sort the cash out "later". Two days later he asked me "how much do I owe you for OUR tickets?". "YOUR tickets?" I replied, suddenly realising that he'd thought he would only be paying for his and Mum's ticket. I was furious and am now absolutely livid that I've parted with £150 for two tickets to something that I don't really want to go to when I could watch them three weeks later instead. Which I probably wouldn't have done anyway! There had better be some good alternatives on that Sunday night!

Bloody hell, you sound like a very entitled fella to say the least.

How about you just do something nice with your mum and dad and don't be furious or livid when you do it.

In fact why don't pay for mum and dads ticket anyway :)

21 minutes ago, Spindles said:

This is what I have been thinking, with Neil's info last year about one last headline slot, album, tour etc...  They are getting the godlike genius award at the NME awards this year and it all sounds like they plan to bow out on a high.  Just speculation of course.

Pretty much every album they have released since X&Y, Chris Martin has said that it's the last album they can imagine doing because they put everything they have into it.

Each time they have failed to split up afterwards. I wouldn't read too much into it tbh.