Sunday Headliner confirmed - Coldplay

Glastobuddy

25 minutes ago, MikeJ86 said:

You must've missed chemical brothers last year then?

No, I'm just not a former raver trying to relive the glory years. Made the mistake of watching them in 2011 and felt like the only person in the field who wasn't on a shed load of disco biscuits. Plus I don't do dancing - singing is my thing! The only Sundays that haven't ended on a whimper for me were 2009 (Blur), 2011 (Queens of the Stone Age) and last year (Ryan Adams). Stevie Wonder was ok but we had to watch through the trees from from the field next door cos it was so full!

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, siweltrebor said:

I think you just have to take the hit and let it go to be honest, a present is a present.

I never said I didn't intend to. I'm just pissed off that they're at Glasto as well. Would much prefer someone who a) hasn't already headlined three times in the last 4 years and b ) who I hadn't unwittingly forked out £150 to see elsewhere just three weeks before! And to whoever suggested I paid for all the tickets (and somehow making out like I'm some sort of c**t), I'm really glad you live in a world where £300 is a seemingly insignificant amount of money. To me that sort of cash pays for around three months worth of food.

Just now, Withakay said:

No, I'm just not a former raver trying to relive the glory years. Made the mistake of watching them in 2011 and felt like the only person in the field who wasn't on a shed load of disco biscuits. Plus I don't do dancing - singing is my thing! The only Sundays that haven't ended on a whimper for me were 2009 (Blur), 2011 (Queens of the Stone Age) and last year (Ryan Adams). Stevie Wonder was ok but we had to watch through the trees from from the field next door cos it was so full!

Im not really a kasabian fan but i thought black keys into kasabian was brilliant the other year. 

2 hours ago, Withakay said:

I'm so fucking pissed off. Not because I hate the band or because they're not worthy ('scuse the pun) but because my Dad suggested that his present to my Mum for Christmas would be for me, the Mrs, him and Ma to see a big gig this year. I suggested Coldplay at the Etihad and ran the ticket prices past him before I booked them (he doesn't do ticket sites) under the pretense that we'd sort the cash out "later". Two days later he asked me "how much do I owe you for OUR tickets?". "YOUR tickets?" I replied, suddenly realising that he'd thought he would only be paying for his and Mum's ticket. I was furious and am now absolutely livid that I've parted with £150 for two tickets to something that I don't really want to go to when I could watch them three weeks later instead. Which I probably wouldn't have done anyway! There had better be some good alternatives on that Sunday night!

Chris Martin may break his leg in between and not even play Glastonbury.

6 minutes ago, MikeJ86 said:

Im not really a kasabian fan but i thought black keys into kasabian was brilliant the other year. 

To be fair I did watch Kasabian but I hated it. Never been into Black Keys - saw them before Foo Fighters in Leeds a few years back and it was the vilest crowd of show offs I've ever been a part of.

4 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

I think Emily needs to consider whether inviting her close personal friends to play over and over again is really the best way to inject variety into the festival line up.

but..but..but chris martin really gets the festival! he painted his knees the other year and everything! And wrote a letter to the council in 2003!

Not to mention he offered to perform songs from the album he was trying to sell live on the BBC to millions of the record buying public for free the other year!

How dare you criticise these saints!

As an aside, I think what's quite telling is that every year on here when a Pyramid Headliner is announced the lurkers / read-only-ers (nowt wrong with that btw) suddenly pipe up and post their excited approval.

Not a lot of that today.

Are you Coldplay fans...ashamed? Embarrassed to 'publically' admit your love for them? Or are they universally just 'hmn, ok...meh'?

Edited by Woffy

10 minutes ago, Woffy said:

As an aside, I think what's quite telling is that every year on here when a Pyramid Headliner is announced the lurkers / read-only-ers (nowt wrong with that btw) suddenly pipe up and post their excited approval.

Not a lot of that today.

Are you Coldplay fans...ashamed? Embarrassed to 'publically' admit your love for them? Or are they universally just 'hmn, ok...meh'?

Too busy cleaning my bedsheets after wetting them last night.

3 hours ago, Withakay said:

I'm so fucking pissed off. Not because I hate the band or because they're not worthy ('scuse the pun) but because my Dad suggested that his present to my Mum for Christmas would be for me, the Mrs, him and Ma to see a big gig this year. I suggested Coldplay at the Etihad and ran the ticket prices past him before I booked them (he doesn't do ticket sites) under the pretense that we'd sort the cash out "later". Two days later he asked me "how much do I owe you for OUR tickets?". "YOUR tickets?" I replied, suddenly realising that he'd thought he would only be paying for his and Mum's ticket. I was furious and am now absolutely livid that I've parted with £150 for two tickets to something that I don't really want to go to when I could watch them three weeks later instead. Which I probably wouldn't have done anyway! There had better be some good alternatives on that Sunday night!

That cheered me right up ta :lol:

10 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'll readily admit I'm a Coldplay fan.

I do find it strange those who feel the need to constantly belittle others on account of their taste in music.

It's because there's a strong correlation between liking shit music and being an absolute c**t.

There's scientific studies that prove it.

11 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'll readily admit I'm a Coldplay fan.

I do find it strange those who feel the need to constantly belittle others on account of their taste in music.

Exactly this! 

Although saying that last week I said I liked Coldplay and disliked Radiohead and got 2 up votes and then days later moaned about how shit Kanye is and got 3 down votes!

was convinced it would have been the other way round!

43 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Didnt take long. Pathetic really.

There do seem to be an awful lot of toys being thrown today! Personally I do not enjoy Coldplay so will be elsewhere - but that is GF, something for everyone if you want to look.

I feel sorry for people who find the need to start petitions like this.

2 minutes ago, russycarps said:

It's because there's a strong correlation between liking shit music and being an absolute c**t.

There's scientific studies that prove it.

In that case it's funny that those who would view themselves as liking "good music" seem to be the ones who are more than ready to berate those who apparently like "shit music" therefore proving your theory to be the opposite to what you consider it to be.

7 minutes ago, A Guy Called Matt said:

There do seem to be an awful lot of toys being thrown today! Personally I do not enjoy Coldplay so will be elsewhere - but that is GF, something for everyone if you want to look.

I feel sorry for people who find the need to start petitions like this.

just right,

firstly they need to get a life

secondly you have to be extremley deluded/naive to think it'll make a difference, i mean look at kanye last year

thirdly they need to get a life