Self Confirmed 2016

JoeyT

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

not sure where the rumours have come from but they're apparently gonna self confirm at some point this week

Presumably either WH headliner, Pyramid sub? Cant see them doing anything else.

I really enjoyed them in 2010, but it isnt as if they would be doing anything new. I think I'd pass, but they were excellent in 2010

6 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

some rumor about Faithless self confirmimg ?????? any one heard any thing

Someone on Glasto chat Facebook page claiming 'will confirm this week, you heard it here first'. It could be true for all I know, but it's about as conclusive as a photoshopped betting slip at the moment. 

6 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Presumably either WH headliner, Pyramid sub? Cant see them doing anything else.

I really enjoyed them in 2010, but it isnt as if they would be doing anything new. I think I'd pass, but they were excellent in 2010

WHs header isn't Pyramid sub, it would make them 3rd down. WHs header is about Other sub.

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

WHs header isn't Pyramid sub, it would make them 3rd down. WHs header is about Other sub.

i think the musical style matching the stage adds some weighting to the positioning 

10 hours ago, guypjfreak said:
10 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

some rumor about Faithless self confirmimg ?????? any one heard any thing

Excited

10 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

not sure where the rumours have come from but they're apparently gonna self confirm at some point this week

Very excited

9 hours ago, mr gumby said:

Someone on Glasto chat Facebook page claiming 'will confirm this week, you heard it here first'. It could be true for all I know, but it's about as conclusive as a photoshopped betting slip at the moment. 

Glasto chat - excitement dies as Glasto Chat is full of people saying stuff that is not true.

2 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

That's true. I don't think they're Pyramid sub anymore. In fact it would be pretty sad if they're as big as Hot Chip are now based on a song about not going to sleep decades ago.

You do know Faithless are massively bigger than Hot Chip? Faithless did arena's on their last tour....Hot Chip probably don't know what one is.

i could see them headlining West Holts, but as has been said, i hope they're on the Pyramid before Coldplay or Adele so i can just avoid that area all together for an evening. i don't dislike them, and thought they were great in 2010 before Stevie, but i have no desire to see the exact same set again

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

i could see them headlining West Holts, but as has been said, i hope they're on the Pyramid before Coldplay or Adele so i can just avoid that area all together for an evening. i don't dislike them, and thought they were great in 2010 before Stevie, but i have no desire to see the exact same set again

This is exactly how I feel

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If that Pyramid is Adele, Faithless, Glynne and TLSP then nothing is going to top that. Chances I won't be moving except to the bar, and I'm only likely miss New Order and The 1975 up top to be honest.

Alternatively if they are WHs Friday that's where I go....don't see it against LCD though.

Edited by thewayiam

50 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

You do know Faithless are massively bigger than Hot Chip? Faithless did arena's on their last tour....Hot Chip probably don't know what one is.

Whilst you are probably correct, it is yet another example of the absurdity of how 'big' an act is, based on the opinion of the Great Unwashed. Faithless, whilst a perfectly decent act in their time, I guess, are irrelevant in today's music scene, and are trading solely on the back of Insomnia. That a band can do so, when there are SO many other newer, more inovating bands around who fail to gain any recognition, is a sad indictment on how to be successful in today's music industry (and I suppose it was ever thus...).

Ben

I disagree that Faithless are irrelevant in today's music scene.  Sure, they're not bringing anything new to the table but it's hard to dispute the success of EDM at the moment.  Whilst largely tosh, the likes of David Guetta, Calvin Harris, Avicii et al are huge internationally and there's certainly an argument to say that Faithless are a big influence on that sound.

They put out that terrible remix album, Faithless 2.0, last year and it went to #1 in the UK which shows that the interest is still there.

11 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

To your casually interested festival goer, Neil...?

Oh now come on!

:)

Ben

if they have that casual an interest in music, I'd guess they'd be off to watch westlife and not at a festival. :P

You might as well be saying that Radiohead only have 'creep' and coldplay only have 'yellow'.

Edited by eFestivals