Sigur Ros

admscott

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

And it's more likely than not TLSP will be there this year after their comments in that magazine interview 

Suppose there doesn't have to be a strict rule that it's only one who does it. Just the fact acts do both is good enough. 

I live in Bristol and I'm a massive Sigur ros fan, so this news is heartbreaking

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

you may be right. did they specifically say only two UK festival dates or was it just two UK dates?

Two UK dates, as I was expecting their own show after Wilderness was ruled out, until I saw Citadel claiming them as a London exclusive rather than a festival exclusive.

14 minutes ago, defrio29 said:

remind me who says there's gonna be only two dates?

i think they should play glastonbury now would be really odd if they dont.

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/15/151124b.shtml

was a few months ago so I'm praying that this Bristol date was added to their schedule after they announced the citadel gig 

7 minutes ago, cwaite123 said:

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/news/15/151124b.shtml

was a few months ago so I'm praying that this Bristol date was added to their schedule after they announced the citadel gig 

I doubt they'd make a point of stating there will only be two UK shows and then go 'nah fuck it add a third', as if it was that easy to do that anyway 

I wouldn't say they're ruled out yet. As has been proved time and time again, what is said in a press release is a moment in time! Just because there was two gigs, doesn't mean there can't be a third now.....or maybe Glasto was always the second gig and this Bristol one is in fact the third.

Before you all say I'm clutching at straws, I'm going to Citadel anyway. Just trying light the beacon of hope for all of you! :)

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

I think bands like sigur ros just arent even in the minds of the festival bookers these days. Glastonbury will never have a line up like primavera, we were foolish to think there'd be a big crossover of acts.

The main stages are only interested in big record sellers and flavours of the month, with the very very odd exception. We must make our peace with the situation.

Totally agree, it's strange how they seem to continually overlook a whole sphere of more leftfield/alternative music - sort of stuff you get at Primavera/Field Day.

V. disappointing if sigur ros aren't playing, really thought that would happen

15 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

Totally agree, it's strange how they seem to continually overlook a whole sphere of more leftfield/alternative music - sort of stuff you get at Primavera/Field Day.

V. disappointing if sigur ros aren't playing, really thought that would happen

Yeah was just saying to my mate earlier Radiohead, The National and Sigur Ros are all doing festivals in europe around Glastonbury and its looking like none of them are booked. At least we have Muse and Coldplay though...

On 15/03/2016 at 7:22 AM, arcade fireman said:

This is the second time they've played a gig really close to Glasto at Glasto time and still not played. 

They must despise the festival, everything it stands for and hate those going. That's the only explanation why they'd tease us like this repeatedly. 

Next year they're going to play in the beer garden of the Apple Tree pub...and STILL not play Glastonbury Festival

5 minutes ago, theDandy said:

I've just seen they're booked to play in Bristol on the Thursday night, Ireland on the Sunday - surely they've got to be at Glastonbury on the Friday or Saturday? 

Nope because they only booked 2 UK shows this year which have both now been announced - Bristol and London :( 

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah pretty much. Neil had word that the 'two shows' thing was definitely still how it stood recently so looks like that's that!

Sigur Ros and Radiohead it looks like we're missing out on then? So strange considering the dates of their tours