Sigur Ros

admscott

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

having just gone through english translations of all of the lyrics to that album i can safely say that that is a load of bollocks (unless people want to point out examples to me)

A part of the song Kveikur:

"

We disappear into the horizon
Into the fiery red sunset
We fuck
We fuck
We fuck

You turn me on
You turn me on

"

:D 

Edited by Noeliam

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

As I said, I'm trying to get to the bottom of it. I like them a lot, so I was disappointed when it was first raised.

Edit:

Though I was interested in the general collective shrug towards the fact that they might be a bit iffy in their views.

I Googled the shit out of this subject when it cropped up a few months ago.  Found nothing, apart from a thread on a forum called 'eFestivals'

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Though I was interested in the general collective shrug towards the fact that they might be a bit iffy in their views.

i totally missed your post suggesting the racism at first - just saw the Genesis comparison (which is actually far worse). thankfully it seems to be totally made up. interested in who first brought this up/where it's come from because i really can't find anything hinting at it unless it was a piss take

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

i totally missed your post suggesting the racism at first - just saw the Genesis comparison (which is actually far worse). thankfully it seems to be totally made up. interested in who first brought this up/where it's come from because i really can't find anything hinting at it unless it was a piss take

it was just a joke someone on here made, saying that if you translate hopelandic it's all a lot of racist comments

there is no translation to hopelandic, it's a nonsense language made up of sounds with no meaning. I cant believe what I'm reading here!!

Just now, russycarps said:

it was just a joke someone on here made, saying that if you translate hopelandic it's all a lot of racist comments

there is no translation to hopelandic, it's a nonsense language made up of sounds with no meaning. I cant believe what I'm reading here!!

christ why did i get sucked in to this (although the new album has actual english translations so i thought i at least needed to check it out)

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

only with those who are ignorant via not paying proper attention.

It's the job of the listener to listen properly, it's not the job of the speaker to check that the listener will.

</here endeth the life lesson :D >

Hence why this case of slurs is still doing the rounds! Chinese whispers etc.