Sigur Ros

admscott

11 minutes ago, theDandy said:

They're to be announced for two UK festivals aren't they? Already being announced at Citadel so what is the other realistic option left? Glastonbury or Bestival? Or are there others they could be announced for?

They did but I think it may just be a fuck up on their part as, imo, they don't seem nearly big enough. Is there any way to contact the festival to ask whether there's another headliner yet to be announced?

As for where Sigur Ros would fit in, either Other sub (unlikely) or JP headliner seem the most realistic. WH is obviously catered to a totally different type of music, and the Park seems far too small

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, theDandy said:

They're to be announced for two UK festivals aren't they? Already being announced at Citadel so what is the other realistic option left? Glastonbury or Bestival? Or are there others they could be announced for?

It wouldn't be Bestival as they've announced their lineup already. It'd be Glastonbury or Wilderness yep.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

They did but I think it may just be a fuck up on their part as, imo, they don't seem nearly big enough. Is there any way to contact the festival to ask whether there's another headliner yet to be announced?

As for where Sigur Ros would fit in, either Other sub (unlikely) or JP headliner seem the most realistic. WH is obviously catered to a totally different type of music, and the Park seems far too small

They are the sort of band you can "bliss out to" or "gawp at" so WH headliner is my guess.

Edited by Acid_Haze

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I've just tweeted them. Crystal Fighters tweet about headlining Wilderness is still up from 23/02. There's a reply to it from somebody saying how amazing it is that they're headlining, to which the official Wilderness Festival Twitter account has favourite the tweet. Robert Plant, Flaming Lips & Crystal Fighters are the three biggest names in terms of font size on the poster too?

1 minute ago, theDandy said:

I've just tweeted them. Crystal Fighters tweet about headlining Wilderness is still up from 23/02. There's a reply to it from somebody saying how amazing it is that they're headlining, to which the official Wilderness Festival Twitter account has favourite the tweet. Robert Plant, Flaming Lips & Crystal Fighters are the three biggest names in terms of font size on the poster too?

Maybe (hopefully) you're right! Here's where some totally random festival announces them as playing now :P 

39 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Is JP big enough to house a Sigur Ros headline set, or am I overestimating their appeal?

Also, despite acknowledging people's feeling that they're really not a WH band, I really don't see them as a JPT band!

Ben

1 minute ago, theDandy said:

what makes you say that about Bestival and Sigur Ros?

Sigur were meant to headline, Stevie Wonder were booked over them, they subbed in the light and it ruined the stage show for them (i think)

i guess it's not out of realms of possibility for them to headline bestival as an apology or something?

Edited by ace56blaa

Yeah I really doubt they're headlining Bestival. If they're not the last Wilderness headliner then Glastonbury has gotta be the best shot, especially with that date in Dublin falling on the Sunday of the festival (although ideally that's the day I would've liked them to play, but ah well, I'll take em anywhere)

26 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Is JP big enough to house a Sigur Ros headline set, or am I overestimating their appeal?

Also, despite acknowledging people's feeling that they're really not a WH band, I really don't see them as a JPT band!

Ben

The Park would have more capacity than JP i'd have thought? i'd say they're too big for either though. maybe if they played Saturday against Adele and New Order it might be possible.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hurm. It's been almost a decade since Sigur Ros had an album that did box office, but JPT headliners still feels like too far a slide down the pecking order for them.

I know the JP is supposed to have moved or had a revamp or whatever, but yeah, Sigur Ros are far too big for that (and totally unlike any act that's headlines there in recent years) 

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I know the JP is supposed to have moved or had a revamp or whatever, but yeah, Sigur Ros are far too big for that (and totally unlike any act that's headlines there in recent years) 

As far as I recall, the tent is not changin, just the location.

still think they'd be mega on West Holts, though there is a bit of me that would not want there to be a change in booking philosophy that would threaten the 'personality' of the stage. One of the things I love about Glastonbury is that the stages actually have some semblance of a difference to one another. But Hot Chip were such fun last year, and WH is not generally hitting my genre buttons, so I'd love the chance to see another WH headliner.

#teamsigurrosforwestholts2016

Ben

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Still got a headliner to announce, but I very much doubt it's Sigur Ros - think it'll be something far more upbeat

2 hours ago, theDandy said:

Wilderness Festival have just tweeted me saying "Better believe! x" after I tweeted them saying "hi does this mean that Crystal Fighters are the last headliner alongside Robert Plant and Flaming Lips?". So that most certainly rules out Sigur Ros for them. Leaving them with either Glastonbury or Bestival in the frame for their second UK festival appearance after Citadel? Very exciting!

7 minutes ago, theDandy said:

Wilderness Festival have just tweeted me saying "Better believe! x" after I tweeted them saying "hi does this mean that Crystal Fighters are the last headliner alongside Robert Plant and Flaming Lips?". So that most certainly rules out Sigur Ros for them. Leaving them with either Glastonbury or Bestival in the frame for their second UK festival appearance after Citadel? Very exciting!

Ohhh shit that's good news. It's just gotta be Glastonbury hasn't it? Tour dates fit perfectly.