Sigur Ros

admscott

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Won't happen @Justiceforcedave

"sigur rós would like to apologise to anyone disappointed not to see the band’s bestival performance live online last night. early in the day a decision had been made to delay broadcast till after the show to give the band a chance to review the footage ahead of webcast, since they were dismayed that their guaranteed “darkness” slot had been pushed into daylight by the expansive demands of the headliner. the band’s only uk show of the year, this would-be highlight of the 2012 calendar, would have to be conducted without proper lights or visuals. sadly then, a perfect storm of production issues and technical problems conspired to mean that the band went on to have a thoroughly miserable experience on stage too. and to spare everyone’s blushes a decision was made to draw a discrete veil over proceedings. sorry, but we can be so much better than what you missed. another time, for sure."

http://sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/2012/20120909-bestival/

I'm aware. But you can't ever say never when it comes to festivals. Bands who say they hate a place come back, bands too big for slots play them anyway and so on.

You're probably right though :)

They're playing Bristol on the Thursday then Ireland on the Sunday meaning they're either gonna be the Friday or Saturday, I'm thinking they're more likely to be up against LCD on the Friday which is going to smash the dream of having them both at the festival in two

Just now, kingcrawler said:

Have we? They did play either arenas or multiple nights at large academies the last time they toured the UK. Wherever they play I'm just delighted they're playing.

Yeah, you're right. But I and a lot of other people have often banded them about as Other headliners. They're quite tough to place.

Just now, Tuna said:

Yeah, you're right. But I and a lot of other people have often banded them about as Other headliners. They're quite tough to place.

Oh I thought Other headliners was the only slot for them too but obviously we're wrong! Maybe just one of those bands who aren't too well known outside of their fanbase and don't have many casual fans, even if a load of people would recognise a few songs?

7 minutes ago, theDandy said:

I'm thinking given where Bring me the Horizon are on the poster that they might not be headlining the Other? LCD to move to the Sunday, Disclosure to play the Friday night Other, Sigur Ros headlining elsewhere on the Friday?

just been running this over in my head, due to the info that Bastille would be subbing Disclosure on the Friday. i guess BMTH could always sub LCD on the Sunday? and yep, freeing up Sigur Ros to play clash-free on the Friday