Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

18 hours ago, jparx said:

These videos never get tiring :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA if I could upvote you twice mate I would, I love them Downfall parody videos. The one about Michael Jackson dying has just been knocked to the 2nd best parody....... 'all I wanted to do was sing along to Karma Police and Paranoid Android' had me in creases :P

edit: didn't notice it was fabrizzio's post - you also have an upvote fab!

Edited by mungo57

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

I'm down at a three or four. I'm at peace with the likelihood that it won't happen on a major stage and I really don't fancy a secret set. Without wishing to come across as a smug git, getting Roundhouse tickets has made me not too fussed about seeing them at GF. Unless they were headlining obviously.

I'm another trying-not-to-be-smug Roundhouser who is glad not to have to worry about whether or not they'll play. I dearly love not having to/wanting to/being able to be constantly attached to social media from the time I enter Gate A to the moment I leave, and so am glad that there won't be a conflict of me trying to find out if they are doing a secret set for five days. If it happens and I hear about and can be there, great. If it happens and I only find out after the event, well so be it. Of course, that's a lot easier to say whilst holding two floor standing tickets to the Friday Roundhouse gig, I acknowledge...**

:)

Ben

**which are currently on bastards Viagogo for about £910 each. Bloody disgraceful. This really has got to stop, and simple legislation could give live music back to the people who really care about it...

9 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA if I could upvote you twice mate I would, I love them Downfall parody videos. The one about Michael Jackson dying has just been knocked to the 2nd best parody....... 'all I wanted to do was sing along to Karma Police and Paranoid Android' had me in creases :P

edit: didn't notice it was fabrizzio's post - you also have an upvote fab!

Haha I feel bad for stealing fabrizzio's thunder. 

I am also a 3/4 person. I didn't get Roundhouse tickets and would LOVE just one but would only be willing to pay face value and refuse all touts! We are mad at times with ticket touts. Ifno one brought from secondary ticket sites they would soon stop! It's frustrating that when artist do attempt to put a stop to it they manage to get around i

I want Radiohead to headline next year! That would be brilliant. I want a long pyramid set of perfection from them.

I would like them to be there in some capacity, it would be a fitting send off for this thread which has been frustratingly brilliant for months now.

I'm kinda over it though and absolutely chuffed with the line up as it is so it would be a bonus more than anything else.

36 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I would like them to be there in some capacity, it would be a fitting send off for this thread which has been frustratingly brilliant for months now.

I'm kinda over it though and absolutely chuffed with the line up as it is so it would be a bonus more than anything else.

Right with you. I keep coming to this thread more for the running joke aspect than any actual news. I'd say 50/50 in terms of whether or not they will be there, but probably 80% chance it'll be a secret set if so.

But you're right, it would be fitting. This thread deserves a big ending.

19 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

A tiny bit of me just stubbornly believes they'll be there.  Though I accept it'll probably be a secret set that I'll miss.

I'd love to see the glorious explosion of gifs in here if they got announced though.  

That's it. Keep the faith... Not like Thom yorke who lost his between Pablo Honey and The Bends.

FFS- It needs to happen, the lineup so far is weak, weak, weak. 

I strongly disagree with anyone who thinks the acts announced so far are weak. Yes the headliners aren't blowing me (or anyone) away but Glastonbury have managed to get the biggest act in the world right now (Adele), and one of the biggest bands in the world right now (Coldplay) to headline their festival, they may not be to everyones tastes but they are going to go down a storm with fans no doubt. 

As for the rest of the "line up". For starters only 68 acts have been announced SO FAR and within those 68 there is a large reach of different genres, we've got The 1975, Years & Years etc for the R1 listeners, we've got plenty of pop acts, Coldplay, Ellie Goulding, Jess Glyne, and then some fantastic musicians, Kamasi Washington, Kurt Vile, LCD Soundsystem, Sigur Ros, the legendary Art Garfunkel. 

Firstly, what we have SO FAR isn't the "line up" its a list of 68 acts announced SO FAR, yes there will be more coming and one of them may or may not be Radiohead.

If you have listened to everyone that has been announced SO FAR and you aren't a fan of any of them then I understand you saying the "line up" isn't to your tastes. But I doubt everyone here has listened to everyone, I'm sure there will be people on this "line up" and the full line up that people haven't heard. Here is a novel idea maybe go out and listen to some of those artists before you go or just rock up at random sets you're bound to enjoy it. I challenge someone to show a more diverse line up at a festival this year, cause I for sure can't find one. 

If the only reason you are keeping your ticket is because Radiohead MIGHT be playing, then get rid of it now. If you are that bothered about Radiohead you should've got tickets for their London or Europe gigs. 

Radiohead are good, but they aren't the only fucking band in the world. And, in my opinion there are better acts that appear on this "line up". 

It's simple if you're not impressed with what you've seen so far, don't go. Radiohead or no Radiohead. 

In the end though, the music is the footnote of the weekend. The food, drink, friends, atmosphere, and pure spectacle is what makes Glastonbury so wonderful. If you just want music go to T in the Park or Reading/Leeds. 

End of rant and back to revising for my degree. 

2 hours ago, chestwig said:

That's it. Keep the faith... Not like Thom yorke who lost his between Pablo Honey and The Bends.

FFS- It needs to happen, the lineup so far is weak, weak, weak. 

Go back in time and find me a stronger first line up poster from Glastonbury, I think you'll struggle massively 

You'd have to be mental to call this lineup weak so far.

Headliners - the biggest artist in the world, the biggest band in the world and one of the next few biggest bands in the world (13 O2 Arena shows and 4 Wembley Stadium shows between them this year)

Two R&L headliners playing non-headline slots

LCD Soundsystem on their return as one of only two shows in England

ELO in the legends slot who've are currently playing a massive sold out UK arena tour

Artists like Kamasi Washington flying over from America just to play Glastonbury 

BMTH on the Other Stage who could probably headline Download at this stage

And then all the rest of it

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

You'd have to be mental to call this lineup weak so far.

Headliners - the biggest artist in the world, the biggest band in the world and one of the next few biggest bands in the world (13 O2 Arena shows and 4 Wembley Stadium shows between them this year)

Two R&L headliners playing non-headline slots

LCD Soundsystem on their return as one of only two shows in England

ELO in the legends slot who've are currently playing a massive sold out UK arena tour

Artists like Kamasi Washington flying over from America just to play Glastonbury 

BMTH on the Other Stage who could probably headline Download at this stage

And then all the rest of it

Sigur Ros. Cyndi Lauper. ZZ Top. Earth Wind and Fire....it's all so random but awesome. 

Edited by Vanderlyle