Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

On 17/03/2016 at 7:16 AM, Will-2609 said:

So after managing to get tickets in the presale on Wednesday, and spending a day being the most excited I've ever been for a gig in my life, I get an email from uni yesterday telling me my published exam dates were wrong and I now have an exam on the day of the gig and one a few days later. If I'd known this in advance or if I'd failed in the presale and was planning to try tomorrow I'd have sacked it off, but unfortunately I've now most likely thrown away £150 (I'm gonna have to pay my mate back who can't get in without me as it isn't his fault) which, for a uni student, is pretty fucking far from ideal.

The uni never even told us the published dates were provisional, and I have friends who have holidays booked which now clash with exams. Absolute joke.

The worst part is, if there was a way to re-sell tickets I could easily done so already as I know several people wanting them.

My only possible saving grace is that it's a practical exam with time slots spread through the day, so I'm going to call the uni and request a slot first thing and explain that if not they've screwed me out of £150 for being a bunch of arsewipes. If so, I'll see if it's possible for me to get to London for it, but even then I'll have been screwed on travel costs as I'll have to get a train instead of a coach. And with the type of exam it is a lot of unis quarantine you through the day anyway so you can't speak to other candidates so I'm most likely completely fucked. I also don't really wanna lose two days of revision just before my final exams.

Sorry for the rant I'm just unbelievably pissed off after being so happy. If I miss Radiohead at the Roundhouse whilst having tickets for it I'll kill someone or something.

Decided in the end I wouldn't bother trying to make the gig even if I could get there. Not worth risking it during exams so decided to just lose the money.

Emailed them last week explaining the situation and asked if they'd give me a refund. Didn't expect they would but thought I may as well ask.

As soon as I sent the email I read the terms and conditions and saw they said no tickets can be cancelled, transferred, exchanged or refunded for any reason unless the event is cancelled or the date changed. Oh well.

I never check my emails on the email address I sent it from but went on it today to check a confirmation email had come through for a train I'd just booked.

Had a quick scan down the first page and saw something titled 'RE: Radiohead Roundhouse Tickets' having totally forgotten about it. Shit myself.

Opened it and they've offered me a refund!

Back to being happy again! :PConsidering using the refund money to head to Lolla Berlin for the day depending on how my finances are looking. If not I'll just wait and probably see them next year, but at least I won't now be sat at home revising knowing that I'm missing an intimate Radiohead gig which I'm holding tickets for.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Decided in the end I wouldn't bother trying to make the gig even if I could get there. Not worth risking it during exams so decided to just lose the money.

Emailed them last week explaining the situation and asked if they'd give me a refund. Didn't expect they would but thought I may as well ask.

As soon as I sent the email I read the terms and conditions and saw they said no tickets can be cancelled, transferred, exchanged or refunded for any reason unless the event is cancelled or the date changed. Oh well.

I never check my emails on the email address I sent it from but went on it today to check a confirmation email had come through for a train I'd just booked.

Had a quick scan down the first page and saw something titled 'RE: Radiohead Roundhouse Tickets' having totally forgotten about it. Shit myself.

Opened it and they've offered me a refund!

Back to being happy again! :PConsidering using the refund money to head to Lolla Berlin for the day depending on how my finances are looking. If not I'll just wait and probably see them next year, but at least I won't now be sat at home revising knowing that I'm missing an intimate Radiohead gig which I'm holding tickets for.

errm glad it's all sorted and that but... shotgun the tickets?!

On 17/04/2016 at 0:51 PM, jparx said:

I'm looking to buy Kid A on vinyl and some of the Amazon reviews are hilarious. The one's from when the album was first released in particular. So many people whining that there are 'no guitars' and it 'sounds nothing like 'OKC and The Bends'. It's easy forget how many people hated Kid A when it first came out, given it's looked back on so fondly. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00004YLIU/ref=cm_cr_dp_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&showViewpoints=0

Some absolute gold in those reviews. This one is my favourite:

" All you fans who have given this album 5/5, tell the truth if you had the choice to play Parachutes/Coldplay, Bewilderbeast/ Badly Drawn Boy or Kid A, I'm certain it would be your last choice "

:lol:

Edited by zero000

8 minutes ago, zero000 said:

Some absolute gold in those reviews. This one is my favourite:

" All you fans who have given this album 5/5, tell the truth if you had the choice to play Parachutes/Coldplay, Bewilderbeast/ Badly Drawn Boy or Kid A, I'm certain it would be your last choice "

:lol:

Hahaha. Oh man. 'Certain' is such a poor choice of words.

9 minutes ago, Mackem said:

I was expecting to see some discussion of the release of extra tickets for the Roundhouse gigs on WASTE yesterday. Tickets for all 3 days were slipped onto the site just before 1.30. Is nobody on this thread on atease?

That was just Will's tickets going back on sale.

44 minutes ago, Mackem said:

I was expecting to see some discussion of the release of extra tickets for the Roundhouse gigs on WASTE yesterday. Tickets for all 3 days were slipped onto the site just before 1.30. Is nobody on this thread on atease?

I just checked my internet history, checked on See Tickets as 13:06 yesterday but not ticketmaster or the Roundhouse like I usually would and didn't think to check W.A.S.T.E.

It's not meant to be.

5 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

I just checked my internet history, checked on See Tickets as 13:06 yesterday but not ticketmaster or the Roundhouse like I usually would and didn't think to check W.A.S.T.E.

It's not meant to be.

They'll almost certainly release production tickets on the day or so leading up to the gigs so don't give up. I'd crossed out all 3 nights in my diary so I was free if any cropped up. 

1 minute ago, Mackem said:

They'll almost certainly release production tickets on the day or so leading up to the gigs so don't give up. I'd crossed out all 3 nights in my diary so I was free if any cropped up. 

Thanks, will do.

You going to any of the nights as it stands?

7 minutes ago, cammie81 said:

Thanks, will do.

You going to any of the nights as it stands?

Yes I failed in the presale and main sales but picked up Friday tickets yesterday. That'll have to do me as they reckon they'll cancel anyone buying more than 2 tickets across all 3 nights

Edited by Mackem

1 hour ago, Mackem said:

Yes I failed in the presale and main sales but picked up Friday tickets yesterday. That'll have to do me as they reckon they'll cancel anyone buying more than 2 tickets across all 3 nights

I note that one user on there now has tickets to all 3 nights.... isn't that against the t's and c's ?

2 hours ago, Mackem said:

I tried to sign up for atease a while back but was told to wait for an approval email which never came (I checked my junk folder). I thought maybe it had become inactive. Will try again.

15 minutes ago, ericlered said:

I note that one user on there now has tickets to all 3 nights.... isn't that against the t's and c's ?

I dunno how the t&c's work & if it's that strict across the "tour" or just per night, but it's unlikely that all the booking will be in the same name.  There'll be swapping of +1s all over the place.

14 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I dunno how the t&c's work & if it's that strict across the "tour" or just per night, but it's unlikely that all the booking will be in the same name.  There'll be swapping of +1s all over the place.

The Roundhouse gigs were supposed to be 2 tickets across the 3 nights, but there are ways around it if they have colluded with others for +1's, though they would need to have been very organized to be ready at a moments notice like that for the 20 minutes yesterday when they bagged Thursday and Saturday. But then again, knowing the ateaser in question, they would have been very organized.