Radiohead touring in 2016

Redwinevino

A group of friends were with ME tonight for some function and came back with news, he wants

Corbyn on the Pyramid

Bowie flash on Pyramid

Charlotte Church on Left field

And there's no Radiohead this year. Hopefully it's more Eavies BS

Ah nuts she's just posted on the ME in Pilton thread

Edited by craigyb31
Silly me

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

only thing that puts a dampener on this is that they're doing a load of festival dates this year, so unless they plan on doing another handful next year as well as the no doubt arena/bigger tour dates, then it looks a little less likely. hopefully it'll be a similar situation to Muse this year and they'll just be booked a year late

Cross-replying to this here because it's too nerdy a post to put in a general thread.

Definitely think they'll still be touring next summer because they've got so few dates this year, and as long as they're still around then I can't see why they wouldn't chuck in some festival performances.

At a guess of how it usually works for world-renowned bands. It'll probably go:

Jan-Feb - Asia/Australia shows
Feb-Mar - Europe shows
Mar-May - Americas shows & festivals
Jun-Aug - Europe shows & festivals
Aug-whenever - Americas shows

10 hours ago, craigyb31 said:

And there's no Radiohead this year. Hopefully it's more Eavies BS

the year Pulp (and Radiohead) both played secret sets at The Park, Michael said Pulp weren't playing.

That's not me saying he's wrong about RH this year, it's me pointing out that it's quite possible he's wrong.

I still side with what i've heard, and I've good reason to do so.

I suppose it's possible that he didn't know then and doesn't know now about 'special guest' type bookings until much closer to the time.  For the sake of keeping them secret. :)

Edit:  That's not the sounds of straws being clutched, I'm pretty much past caring if they do or don't.  One less clash.

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

Emily told me last night that all three headliners are actually just a joke, and Radiohead are headlining each night playing OK Computer, Kid A and Hail To The Thief in full. They are also playing as 'Special Guests' before themselves on Saturday, banging out In Rainbows.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Emily told me last night that all three headliners are actually just a joke, and Radiohead are headlining each night playing OK Computer, Kid A and Hail To The Thief in full. They are also playing as 'Special Guests' before themselves on Saturday, banging out In Rainbows.

(nice dream)

Thom appeared to me in a dream last night. We drank tea and discussed the US presidential race in some detail, I did try to raise the subject of Glastonbury but every time I did Thom just closed his eyes, threw his head back and said 'EVERYTTTTTTTHHHING IN ITS RIGHT PLACE', which was a bit weird and unnerving. Take from that what you will.

23 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Thom appeared to me in a dream last night. We drank tea and discussed the US presidential race in some detail, I did try to raise the subject of Glastonbury but every time I did Thom just closed his eyes, threw his head back and said 'EVERYTTTTTTTHHHING IN ITS RIGHT PLACE', which was a bit weird and unnerving. Take from that what you will.

HL3 confirmed?

On 4/12/2016 at 7:29 PM, Voucher Boy said:

I also think this is one of the weakest Glastonbury's line up for many many years. I have listened to all the bands on the list and have been at every Glastonbury since 2000, and apart from a few that I would like to watch (John Grant, LCD) there really isn't anything essential at all. This year the headliners are really showing the direction the festival is heading (Adele really would be no where near the festival 6/7 years ago). It's a shame but I accept that what it is, but will have the time of my life regardle Sigur Rós, but they are not that great live and last time at Glastonbury and Besitval we walked away because it really wasn't engaging at all as a live performance, its a shame but it is what we are left with

Edited by chestwig

I'm looking to buy Kid A on vinyl and some of the Amazon reviews are hilarious. The one's from when the album was first released in particular. So many people whining that there are 'no guitars' and it 'sounds nothing like 'OKC and The Bends'. It's easy forget how many people hated Kid A when it first came out, given it's looked back on so fondly. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00004YLIU/ref=cm_cr_dp_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&showViewpoints=0

44 minutes ago, jparx said:

I'm looking to buy Kid A on vinyl and some of the Amazon reviews are hilarious. The one's from when the album was first released in particular. So many people whining that there are 'no guitars' and it 'sounds nothing like 'OKC and The Bends'. It's easy forget how many people hated Kid A when it first came out, given it's looked back on so fondly. 

http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B00004YLIU/ref=cm_cr_dp_hist_one?ie=UTF8&filterByStar=one_star&showViewpoints=0

On the flip side some of positive ones are hilarious too

http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/6656-kid-a/

The experience and emotions tied to listening to Kid A are like witnessing the stillborn birth of a child while simultaneously having the opportunity to see her play in the afterlife on Imax.

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm surprised nobody has done that joke before  It's basically the same meme.

I wonder how many people understood it? 

It's depressing to think HL2 came out more recently than RH's last Glastonbury headline slot.