West Holts 2016 - would love to see list

Rumblestripe

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, eFestivals said:

i doubt they are. I know only 8 of the acts have been announced, so I reckon there's probably only two of them.

Rather stupidly I didn't try asking if they had all been.

As pointed out above, you'd assume D'Angelo was the third if he's still playing. If not then I guess it's up for grabs!

45 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep.

From something someone said I don't think Underworld are on WH, tho maybe I'm making too much of a presumption.

Would they be likely to get a similar slot to Leftfield last year? I don't even remember which stage that was now, dance area though.

2 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Would they be likely to get a similar slot to Leftfield last year? I don't even remember which stage that was now, dance area though.

Underworld, to me, seem like a bigger/more popular act than Leftfield, so I'd be surprised if they were given the same slot. If Underworld aren't on WH then surely it must be JP for them? If they're on a smaller stage than that then I've massively overestimated their popularity - I thought their return to Glastonbury would be a pretty huge deal

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Underworld, to me, seem like a bigger/more popular act than Leftfield, so I'd be surprised if they were given the same slot. If Underworld aren't on WH then surely it must be JP for them? If they're on a smaller stage than that then I've massively overestimated their popularity - I thought their return to Glastonbury would be a pretty huge deal

I always thought  Leftfield were a big deal but it wasn't very busy at their set last year. Very excited for their headline show at Beautiful days this year though.

Underworld are an act i've always known but pretty much for one song. It's probably criminal of me not to know more of their stuff to be honest.

I agree that Underworld will get a bigger slot than Leftfield, and JP is probably the most likely if not WH.

Setting aside fanbase/sales (because they often don't seem to be the main concern), I'd say Underworld are a more 'iconic' band than Leftfield, thanks in no small part to Trainspotting (and to a lesser extent the Olympics opening ceremony). They might attract some people who aren't normally that interested in this type of music, and that will count for a lot.

Feel free to correct me if I'm talking bollocks, I'm far from an expert (but that's kind of my point - I'm too young to have "been there", and to me Underworld look the bigger booking).

4 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I always thought  Leftfield were a big deal but it wasn't very busy at their set last year. Very excited for their headline show at Beautiful days this year though.

Underworld are an act i've always known but pretty much for one song. It's probably criminal of me not to know more of their stuff to be honest.

Same for me. Although recently downloaded their greatest hits and also new one other. Rez

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Leftfield were returning after a long break, in similar style to LCD Soundsystem.  Underworld never really went away, so most folk have had a plethora of opportunities  to see them.

New album seems to be a bit of a renaissance for them though in being pretty critically acclaimed, and coming off the back of the Dubnobass tour and it being the first time they've done in Glastonbury id have thought people going to see them would be pretty damn hyped. They may not have been away for long but it feels like they've been away for ages

Gregory Porter and Kamasi Washington have been updated on rumours page as being on west holts. Kamasi was an obvious one but Gregory Porter after playing the same stage last year? Very, very surprising.

Where has the GP info come from? There can't be many times, ever, that a live act has appeared on the same main stage two years running.

2 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Gregory Porter and Kamasi Washington have been updated on rumours page as being on west holts. Kamasi was an obvious one but Gregory Porter after playing the same stage last year? Very, very surprising.

Where has the GP info come from? There can't be many times, ever, that a live act has appeared on the same main stage two years running.

Vintage Trouble actually did the last two years on West Holts, but there was that thunderstorm that scotched their set in 2014 so maybe understandable, whereas this is less so. Can be narrowed down to sub/third if he's playing the same stage now.

43 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

It's from this article.

http://www.jazzwisemagazine.com/breaking-news/14153-kamasi-washington-lines-up-for-glastonbury-and-love-supreme-on-nine-date-uk-tour

The wordi9ng around Gregory Porter isn't 100% clear with what it's meaning, tho it's leaning more towards West Holts than another.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is it just me, or is that oddly specific info for a jazz magazine to have so far out?

Also, "Holy bit of a potential ELO Clash, Batman".

Seriously hoping that St. Etienne nugget about starting 20 minutes after ELO finishes turns out to be true...

40 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Is it just me, or is that oddly specific info for a jazz magazine to have so far out?

Also, "Holy bit of a potential ELO Clash, Batman".

Greg Porter won't, unless he's lower down than last year or ELO aren't fourth down. Kamasi... well I guess that's a real possibility.

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Greg Porter won't, unless he's lower down than last year or ELO aren't fourth down. Kamasi... well I guess that's a real possibility.

Article claims Kamasi as 3pm and Gregory as 7:25pm.

If ELO play at the same time as Lionel and Kamasi has the standard hour long slot them he should finish right as ELO start.

Edited by Will-2609

5 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Article claims Kamasi as 3pm and Gregory as 7:25pm.

If ELO play at the same time as Lionel and Kamasi has the standard hour long slot them he should finish right as ELO start.

Thinking on that; the 7:25 time slot is an awkward one isn't it? Must either be a sub for a lengthy headline slot or some shenanigans with shorter slots or set up times. Before EWF who do two hours or something must be the likely outcome.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Thinking on that; the 7:25 time slot is an awkward one isn't it? Must either be a sub for a lengthy headline slot or some shenanigans with shorter slots or set up times. Before EWF who do two hours or something must be the likely outcome.

Yeah I looked at the last two years' clashfinders and neither of the times given fit in with any slots on those, so as you say if they are correct there must be something different happening.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's to leave space for Radiohead's secret set :ph34r: