West Holts 2016 - would love to see list

Rumblestripe

44 minutes ago, Evilmonkeydan said:

Long time lurker here, but this announcement deserves my first post. Nearly jumped out of the bath and tiggered! Possibly one of the best gigs I've had a long time back was The Apples, so much energy, I've not sweated and bounced so much before or after.  Scratching Jazzy Funk!

The Apples are currently my No.1 'must see' this year. Still a long way to go tho...

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Evilmonkeydan said:

Long time lurker here, but this announcement deserves my first post. Nearly jumped out of the bath and tiggered! Possibly one of the best gigs I've had a long time back was The Apples, so much energy, I've not sweated and bounced so much before or after.  Scratching Jazzy Funk!

This is A Baz Luhrmann moment for me. 

Yeah loving it! Always wanted to see them. They're playing Hell Stage btw. 

That Killing track is mega!

Edited by rikkirascal

23 hours ago, tjamest said:

Bunny Wailer playing dates in July. Would love to see him here

there's no further full-on reggae to be announced for WH,  so I was told - tho there is something that includes some reggae. From what someone posted, that might be Dub Pistols.

20 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

WH facebook confirm that 8 acts from the poster are playing WH.

which i'd already told you all.

Not so sure that Underworld are gonna be on West Holts now. The Glade just tweeted me that "the good money" is on them playing the Other Stage on Friday night.

But then again, they could just be playing games, or not sure of the programming for the rest of the stages (most likely)

5 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

Not so sure that Underworld are gonna be on West Holts now. The Glade just tweeted me that "the good money" is on them playing the Other Stage on Friday night.

But then again, they could just be playing games, or not sure of the programming for the rest of the stages (most likely)

I really can't see them being Other Stage headliners.  

3 minutes ago, jackarmy said:

I'm pretty sure they'll be JP or WH.

If I guessed at which without anything further I'd go for JP, but a couple of vague-ish things said to me have given me an inkling they'll be WH ... so i lean towards WH.

27 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's no further full-on reggae to be announced for WH,  so I was told - tho there is something that includes some reggae. From what someone posted, that might be Dub Pistols.

Think Dub Pistols might also be doing something at Shangri-La this year. They're definitely playing twice anyway

Edited by SPTFRE

Just now, eFestivals said:

I'm pretty sure they'll be JP or WH.

If I guessed at which without anything further I'd go for JP, but a couple of vague-ish things said to me have given me an inkling they'll be WH ... so i lean towards WH.

Underworld and Fatboy Slim as two of the John Peel headliners just doesn't seem to fit right for me.

2 minutes ago, SPTFRE said:

Think Dub Pistols might also be doing something at Shangri-La this year. They're definitely playing twice this year

Aye, Barry mentioned that to one of my mates. But my mate was pretty drunk. 

It went something like this: "We're doing 2 sets this year, one by the Brothers Bar, and one closing a stage" - but he's down to DJ on the Spaceport, so it could just be that.

1 minute ago, jackarmy said:

Aye, Barry mentioned that to one of my mates. But my mate was pretty drunk. 

It went something like this: "We're doing 2 sets this year, one by the Brothers Bar, and one closing a stage" - but he's down to DJ on the Spaceport, so it could just be that.

Well if they're closing a stage that has to be the Glade, doesn't it? I suppose "closing" doesn't necessarily mean "headlining"? That Brothers Bar thing is interesting too

Love the Pistoleros, always a party.

1 minute ago, SPTFRE said:

Well if they're closing a stage that has to be the Glade, doesn't it? I suppose "closing" doesn't necessarily mean "headlining"? That Brothers Bar thing is interesting too

Love the Pistoleros, always a party.

Forgot the Glade has acts that go on well past midnight. That would be a good shout - they were quality closing the Big Top at Bestival a few years back.

My festival recommendation to anybody who hasn't seen them, never had someone come away disappointed from their sets.

1 minute ago, Acid_Haze said:

My 8 are LCD Soundsystem, Earth Wind & Fire, James Blake, Floating Points, Gregory Porter, Baaba Maal, Ernest Ranglin, Kamasi Washington

Replace LCD with Rokia Traore (if she's not on West Holts I'd be very curious where she's playing) and that's also my pounds worth 

On the one hand that sucks that he pulled out, but on the other I really didn't need another headliner to add to all the clashes. Would've tipped the lineup in to 'absolutely amazing' territory though. Wish that poster mistake hadn't happened as its sad to know what could've been 

18 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Also, I got talking to someone in the pub yesterday who's friendly with Mr West Holts and while he didn't know the specifics he did confirm that one of the headliners dropped out earlier this year.

booking the stage for 24 bands took 50 offers, so it might just be that the band he hoped to get wasn't get-able.