West Holts 2016 - would love to see list

Rumblestripe

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think I'll be revealing any secrets if I say precisely eight West Holts acts have been announced so far.

I don't know who those eight acts are tho, so feel free to take your pick from the announced names. Yes, some are obvious, but not all of them.

(PS: I don't know with certainty, but i'm pretty sure that Protoje is not on West Holts)

33 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I'll start us off with:

Santigold, Baaba Maal, EW&F, Sigur Ros, Lady Leshurr, Little Simz, NAO, Laura Mvula.

Nah ... you've missed two of the obvious with Kasai Washington and Ernest Ranglin.

PS: I don't know with certainty they're on WH, but can't see them anywhere else. The same isn't true with some of what you've listed.

Edited by eFestivals

9 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Nah ... you've missed two of the obvious with Kasai Washington and Ernest Ranglin.

PS: I don't know with certainty they're on WH, but can't see them anywhere else. The same isn't true with some of what you've listed.

I thought I'd read somewhere Washington was going to be on elsewhere but I must be getting confused with something else.

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I thought I'd read somewhere Washington was going to be on elsewhere but I must be getting confused with something else.

people were suggesting that he could also take an early Pyramid slot, but that was more down to him looking likely to clash with others if he takes a WH slot so an early Pyramid slot would be preferable

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

people were suggesting that he could also take an early Pyramid slot, but that was more down to him looking likely to clash with others if he takes a WH slot so an early Pyramid slot would be preferable

Yup, that sounds familiar! 

If only 8 from the poster are on West Holts, I can't see Sigur Ros being one of them. I'd go with: Earth, Wind & Fire, Kamasi Washington, Ernest Ranglin, Santigold, Rokia Traore, Baaba Maal, NAO, Little Simz. I would have said Protoje if it wasn't for Neil thinking otherwise.

Floating Points on WH will be really good news, if that proves to be true. 

FWIW:

Kamasi Washington, EWF, Ronnie Spector, Flo Po, Ernest Ranglin, Gregory Porter, Baaba Maal, & Rokia Traore would be my 8. Vince Staples, NAO and Santigold could all fit in there too, though. 

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Floating Points on WH will be really good news, if that proves to be true. 

FWIW:

Kamasi Washington, EWF, Ronnie Spector, Flo Po, Ernest Ranglin, Gregory Porter, Baaba Maal, & Rokia Traore would be my 8. Vince Staples, NAO and Santigold could all fit in there too, though. 

I'd say that Gregory Porter is likely to be Pyramid this time, but that's just a guess.