West Holts 2016 - would love to see list

Rumblestripe

13 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

have tour dates right after Glastonbury (on the Tuesday i believe) so it looks likely. think people are predicting them for the Sunday because it'd be odd for them to play the Friday, hang about the UK for a few days and then play a Tuesday date - would make more sense to play the Sunday, have a days rest, and then play the Tuesday

Thanks! I'd love to see them but I'd rather they clash with Muse, which I have no interest in whatsoever. I feel like Coldplay may put on a great performance, especially now that they've come out saying they're going to have some guests for it and they seem well up for it... Would have to be a spur of the moment choice between EWF and them! I'm fairly sure EWF would win out though.

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have a date in Paris on the Friday - so that's a no go. Then Dublin on the Tuesday, so Sunday makes the most sense (with a day's rest between each date, which is what their tour dates indicate they have when they have to travel any distance)

14 hours ago, DefLeppard said:

Do we actually think that Earth Wind and Fire are reasonably likely then? And if so, is there a chance they'd play Friday instead of Sunday? Apologies if this has already been covered recently. Feel free to murder me if this is the case. 

If they're playing it's going to be Sunday 

I'm sure Neil has said previously, they're very high up on West Holts hit list 

19 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Ten mins of baZZa being condensed into a shite coldplay backed medley. Or a full set by earth wind and fire? Surely that's not really a clash?

I think the prospect of just seeing In the Stone and Sing a Song live, not to mention all the other absolute tunes they have, trumps anything Coldplay could come up with. Plus, I feel like there will be more opportunity to see Coldplay at some point in my lifetime than EWF as I've not seen either of them!

54 minutes ago, DefLeppard said:

I think the prospect of just seeing In the Stone and Sing a Song live, not to mention all the other absolute tunes they have, trumps anything Coldplay could come up with. Plus, I feel like there will be more opportunity to see Coldplay at some point in my lifetime than EWF as I've not seen either of them!

I for one really can't  wait to see them at Glastonbury 

45 minutes ago, Earthwindandfire2205 said:

I for one really can't  wait to see them at Glastonbury 

Same. I've been listening to them all day! I've unfortunately got myself overly excited for it without any confirmation of them playing at all so I may have set myself up for horrific disappointment. 

6 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

That's a lovely surprise on the poster. Farewell tour featuring Tony Allen and others. 1996's Below the Bassline is the only album of his I really know, but it's ace:

here is the description of the event at barbican on monday 27th presumably same show, sounds great!

http://www.barbican.org.uk/music/event-detail.asp?ID=19405

Ernest Ranglin and Friends

"A seminal figure in Jamaican music bids farewell to the stage with a stellar band of musicians who draw together the strands of an extraordinary career spanning some seven decades.

Joined by Afrobeat drummer Tony Allen, the soaring voice of Senegalese musician Cheikh Lo, saxophonist Soweto Kinch and pianist Alex Wilson, they trace the sheer range and energy of music that encompasses Reggae, Ska, Jazz and African Roots with an inimitable passion.

Ranglin’s music helped cement the sounds of Jamaica from the 60s, playing with Prince Buster and Bob Marley, before becoming immersed in the cultural melting pop of 60s London, playing Jazz until the small hours at Ronnie Scott's as well as producing Millie Small’s worldwide hit ‘My Boy Lollipop’ and into the 21st Century, embracing African styles with musicians such as Baaba Maal."