Glastocam!

pauladam

5 minutes ago, Pinhead said:

Is that a longdrop pit? What the hells down there - it looks like a doorway to somewhere for gods sake...!

It is the longdrops pit by avalon crossroads. They are all being pumped out and the longdrops are palleted by each ready for assembly. The thing at the bottom may be where pop up pirate hides. 

12 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

It is the longdrops pit by avalon crossroads. They are all being pumped out and the longdrops are palleted by each ready for assembly. The thing at the bottom may be where pop up pirate hides. 

Hah, ha - was going to say its where the pirate hides, either that or literally the door to hell....

8 hours ago, Pinhead said:

Fun Fact: If you glance out of the side window of your vehicle going down the M5 as you pass over, I think its the Huntspill Drain, you can see a perfect alignment all the way to the Tor on a clear day.

I’m lucky I drive passed it 2 days a week. My favourite part of the day.

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

Thanks … just need to find the zoom now it’s on the tv 🙂 

image.jpg

if you want it to auto refresh, I knocked up this iframe that reloads the image every five mins, so always has the most recent pic:

http://tortil.la/gcam/gcam.html

(no https - i can't be arsed to buy a cert 🙂 )

edit: turns out I do have a cert 😄 so use this link instead:

https://tortil.la/gcam/gcam.html

Edited by paulshane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Upvote 1

Had a little drive-by earlier this week and one thing I noticed was the huuuuge pile of wood and chippings just off Cockmill Lane close to Gate B.  I think it's already been mentioned elsewhere but it would seem likely that a lot of the cherry-picker action could be related to clearing dead wood, branches etc due to Ash die-back where seen as a H&S risk to visitors.

Lots of regrowth yet to occur but I'm guessing some areas might be a little less densely wooded this year.

Edited by parsonjack

11 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Had a little drive-by earlier this week and one thing I noticed was the huuuuge pile of wood and chippings just off Cockmill Lane close to Gate B.  I think it's already been mentioned elsewhere but it would seem likely that a lot of the cherry-picker action could be related to clearing dead wood, branches etc due to Ash die-back where seen as a H&S risk to visitors.

Lots of regrowth yet to occur but I'm guessing some areas might be a little less densely wooded this year.

the woodchip mountain (if that is what you saw) is always there, gets added to nearer the time of the festival.  They have also been dumping pallets and stuff there for disposal / burning. There has been a lot of ash dieback clearance going on over the winter and there is a considerable amount of brash in piles around the site.  A lot of the wooded parts have been thinned as well, the woods by John Peel have been heavily thinned and a pathway is being constructed through them.

Cherry pickers are largely for the pointy thing, lots of people were working on it yesterday so we didn't run directly past so as to stay out of their way. One of the larger cherry pickers was being parked up by Red Gate, presumably to be collected.

generally, activity has started a month earlier than usual.

1 minute ago, pilton digger said:

the woodchip mountain (if that is what you saw) is always there, gets added to nearer the time of the festival.  They have also been dumping pallets and stuff there for disposal / burning. There has been a lot of ash dieback clearance going on over the winter and there is a considerable amount of brash in piles around the site.  A lot of the wooded parts have been thinned as well, the woods by John Peel have been heavily thinned and a pathway is being constructed through them.

Cherry pickers are largely for the pointy thing, lots of people were working on it yesterday so we didn't run directly past so as to stay out of their way. One of the larger cherry pickers was being parked up by Red Gate, presumably to be collected.

I’m interested to see the pyramid adornment this year …. Those cherry pickers seem to have been active the last few days going up and down but we’ve not had much added to the lady’s dress …. Wonder if they need to do some strengthening work … any sign of any welding torches the cam hasn’t picked up ? 

20 minutes ago, pilton digger said:

I went on a site visit with some friends at the end of April 2016 and it was like nothing was going on, Pyramid had no dress, no fence being started...was just like it was at any other time of the year, amazing how quick they put it together after that.

14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I’m interested to see the pyramid adornment this year …. Those cherry pickers seem to have been active the last few days going up and down but we’ve not had much added to the lady’s dress …. Wonder if they need to do some strengthening work … any sign of any welding torches the cam hasn’t picked up ? 

the cherry pickers are being used inside the skin, attachment and condition inspections are far as I can tell.  Certainly no welding around a fabric cover, that could be a bit stupid. We didn't go too close yesterday as it was so busy, will have a look next run through tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

Just now, pilton digger said:

the cherry pickers are being used inside the skin, attachment and condition inspections are far as I can tell.  Certainly no welding around a fabric cover, that could be a bit stupid. We didn't go too close yesterday as it was so busy, will have a look next run through tomorrow.

Excellent thanks …  don’t want burn holes in her skirt before the night out