Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Good points both. I shall remain optimistic!

10 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

I'm sure lawn will be along forthwith with his rallying cry. 

Sorry I'm late, traffic was a nightmare

FORWARD UNTO RESALE SUCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESS!!!!!!

giphy.gif

7 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

Likewise, Coldplay=boring generic easy listening zzzfest Adele=good singer but thats it and massivly overplayed and overhyped. BMTH-kerrang metal for scene kids LCD Soundsystem-this years arcade fire, the hipster band Id never heard of before I came onto these boards and havnt got a clue what the hype is about for after hearing them.

Thankgod for glasto and its variety of stages....if this was reading or t in the park or some shite id be pretty pissed off with the headline rumours, thankfully its not, didnt see a single pyramid or other headliner last year tbh and if it includes any of the above and nooone else then thatll be the same this year....but ill still have a blast! thats the beauty of this festival :) 

Have you listened to Losing My Edge by LCD Soundsystem, Guinny?

14 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Im yet to hear anything from LCD that has got me thinking anything better than "its alright". 

Ill give it a go.

That's song is a big fucking knowingly sarcastic snobby in-joke wrapped in irony that itself may or may not be being ironic.

I wondered if on some level Penguin related.

9 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Just you and The Thingy, having a romantic break?

Indeed. The Thingy spends too much time in the jacuzzi for my liking. Thinking of renaming it The Wrinkly.

Sits there, sipping champagne, saying "did you know, in 2005, after Kylie cancelled, The Killers appeared on the official site as a replacement, only to disappear again and be replaced by Basement Jaxx"

The nights fly by.

31 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

I only know the one about Daft Punk playing in his house

That song delayed my LCD Soundsystem appreciation by several years.  I listen to it and think I'd rather have Daft Punk.  Then I discover the joy of 45:33 and Freak Out/Starry Eyes a few months ago and get it.

Actually I saw them live in 2010 and thought they were brilliant, but still didn't manage to get into their recorded output for some unfathomable reason.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

11 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

same experience with Daft Punk is playing..., disliked it when I heard it, instinctively wasn't interested in LCD Soundsystem for a few years until after Sound of Silver came out.

that and Losing My Edge are 2 of their worst songs for me.

Drunk Girls being by far the worst.

Yeah, basically their most high profile songs!

45 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Anyhoo, it's that Brits thing tonight innit?

Whose gonna take one for the team and watch it and report on here?

Lets see how City start off tonight. It would take some going for them to be bad enough to drive me to watch watch Coldplay on tv, but nothing would shock me too much this season.

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

I presume there will be some kind of a bowie tribute at the brits. Have any details of it been released? After the grammys car crash I will certainly be tuning in. I've always been into self flagellation.

My friend told me there are rumours of some kind of Adele, Bono, Damon Albarn, Chris Martin and Noel Gallagher supergroup/joint effort.. so Y'know, all artists Bowie had a lot of time for 

8 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

We didn't get a full WH lineup until June last year though, did we?

Not that I'm actually expecting full lineups to come out in April. It'll just be the Glasto poster.

They did that whole "poster a day" thing last year building up through the stages to the full reveal. I'd be happy to see them do that again but preferably not leave it so late this year.