Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Just now, MilkyJoe said:

Not sure how a waiting list would be a fairer system? What would it be? first person to get their name down on a waiting list, first served? That's pretty much what is happening when they go on sale but this way only the most dedicated and determined people will be lucky. (And of course a lot won't) but this way everybody has as much chance as everybody else.

In theory yes but if all that wanted a ticket get their name down and a specific date when emails will be sent and a time slot to reply by then at least everyone will know the date and just keep an eye out on that day .  

I've read some people are having an op or otherwise not near a computer 24/7 , I just thought it would cut down what is happening here .

I'd just like everyone with an equal chance 

Just now, The Field said:

I have already got a ticket, but I am absolutely glued to this forum! Best of luck for everyone trying to secure their golden tickets!

you and me both, I have to go out soon and hope that it's happened and all those on here get lucky 

The current system is fair, but I would've thought nobody on here wants an absolutely fair system such as a waiting list as a large element of control would be taken away and it would just come down to luck. That would be fairer overall but just as likely to reward somebody who stuck their name down on a list as somebody willing to sit at their computer for 2 weeks refreshing every few seconds.

Edited by Deaf Nobby Burton
Terrible spelling and grammar

3 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The current system is fair, but I would've thought nobody on here what's an absolutely fair system such as a waiting list as a large element of control would be taken away and it would just come down to luck. That would be fairer overall but just as likely to reward somebody who stuck there name down on a list as somebody willing to sit at their computer for 2 weeks refreshing every few seconds.

yeah, there's more to 'fair' than (just) 'fair distribution' about this.

Some people want to go much much more than another might do, and what would be fair about people who weren't much bothered going if those who really wanted to go didn't get to go?

5 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

The current system is fair, but I would've thought nobody on here what's an absolutely fair system such as a waiting list as a large element of control would be taken away and it would just come down to luck. That would be fairer overall but just as likely to reward somebody who stuck there name down on a list as somebody willing to sit at their computer for 2 weeks refreshing every few seconds.

Like the ticket competitions - the guardian one was a pain in the ass, but at least the tickets went to someone willing to put in some effort.

Morning all. Checking in.

None of our group of 5 have tickets and seeing as I am the only one with access to internet during work hours it falls on me to try and get some. Unfortunately, as I can only get four at a time, I'm going to have to put myself into the 'second attempt' page as it's too harsh to have to tell someone I picked them to miss out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Glasto Mart said:

None of our group of 5 have tickets and seeing as I am the only one with access to internet during work hours it falls on me to try and get some. Unfortunately, as I can only get four at a time, I'm going to have to put myself into the 'second attempt' page as it's too harsh to have to tell someone I picked them to miss out.

Crikey - what a legend.  Best of luck!  Not sure if I'd do me first, and then have a second group of four, just go missing in June.

2 minutes ago, Glasto Mart said:

Tough situation to be in! You could always ask another efesters whos trying for one to help you out? The chances of getting five then back in for one more seem almost impossible. Good luck though

3 minutes ago, Glasto Mart said:

I've been glued to this thread despite having tickets. Really hope as many of you as possible get lucky today.

I will have sporadic access to a computer. How does one potentially go about helping, without having the neccessary funds in their account to make a purchase?

I love Glastonbury and I love its spirit - it is unique in so many ways, including the attitude and philosophy of so many of its fans, as evidenced on these boards.

BUT...

Mart - you have to put yourself on the first page! YOU are the one showing the dedication. YOU are the one spending hours monitoring pages. YOU are the one trying so hard for everyone else.

If I was on your group I would insist that you were lead booker, even in place of me, if I was contributing pretty much nothing to the effort (even if it was not my fault that I couldn't help). Any of your friends would be getting a MASSIVE bonus, were you to secure them a ticket. Putting yourself on that first page is not selfish. It's FAIR.

Lots of us are here with tickets, trying for other people. That's Glastonbury (I'm trying for someone I've never even met!).

Listen to me. I know things...

You are lovely. Get yourself a ticket too...

:)

Ben

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, lobo said:

Tough situation to be in! You could always ask another efesters whos trying for one to help you out? The chances of getting five then back in for one more seem almost impossible. Good luck though

The same situation occurred in 2014, there was only three of us then. The secret resale happened and there was only coach tickets available, maximum of two purchases at a time. So I sacrificed myself to get them the tickets. They then sold out. But a few hours later the GA tickets came on sale and I grabbed one. My nerves were shot to shit that day.

7 minutes ago, Glasto Mart said:

If it were me I'd put the other four names in a hat and draw three out and try for those three and yourself.

5 minutes ago, Glasto Mart said:

The same situation occurred in 2014, there was only three of us then. The secret resale happened and there was only coach tickets available, maximum of two purchases at a time. So I sacrificed myself to get them the tickets. They then sold out. But a few hours later the GA tickets came on sale and I grabbed one. My nerves were shot to shit that day.

Are you the son of Mother Teresa? Grab yourself a ticket and tell the others to draw straws.

8 minutes ago, Glasto Mart said:

Do they even know it's 4 per page ? Mail out to them, explain and ask for volunteers to be in group 2 - you seriously should not be sacrificing yourself. I will always always put others infront of me, with the exception of tickets to G ... Imagine how ou would feel if they go and you don't ,,,, please rethink x 

Jesus, i couldnt put myself through that. I'd listen to the wise words of @bennyhana22. Your putting the work in, secure your ticket mate. This isnt an easy thing to go through, its my first year for trying in a secret resale and its already almost broken me several times. 

12 minutes ago, Glasto Mart said:

Bloody Nora ( as my gran used to say) I wish I had a space in my group to try for you.

As others have said, absolutely put yourself in the first group, 

I hope you're successful.