Secret resales 2015

Terence99

Nothing doing so far today, think I'll risk going out shopping - hopefully it won't be tomorrow either as driving down to the Rent's in Wales...

Will be back on it first thing Monday....

I want to ask a hypothetical question but I'm scared of being downvoted given current anxiety levels. Such is the tyranny of the downvote...

Just imagine if one year (not this year, obviously) there were no cancelled tickets. Would they somehow announce a non secret resale? I guess something subtle...? They'd have to right, I mean, they're not monsters! Are they?

5 hours ago, beefykoala said:

Morning all! It's 5:08am here, I'm staying at some crappy Airbnb in Nashville and the bed is like sleeping on the back seat of a bus, so I am inexplicably awake.

My husband graduated yesterday and just left for the airport to Japan on business, and I am preparing to head back to Knoxville and work on my new camper van. We lead an exciting life!

The next hour would be a great time for a little mini sale, dontcha think? :)

Get yourself to Alliance Brewery in Knoxville 

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

I want to ask a hypothetical question but I'm scared of being downvoted given current anxiety levels. Such is the tyranny of the downvote...

Just imagine if one year (not this year, obviously) there were no cancelled tickets. Would they somehow announce a non secret resale? I guess something subtle...? They'd have to right, I mean, they're not monsters! Are they?

It's a tough one, while secret resales have been well reported by now, surely announcing there is no secret resale gives even more attention that there are in fact secret resales? As in it somewhat legitimises if that's the right word to use.

2 hours ago, General Lee said:

I'd be very surprised if it happened at the weekend. 

My guess on Monday just gone was for this coming Tuesday. Hopefully it will be Monday though. 

Really hope it's not Monday. Having a operation and won't be able to try. My husband will but signal in the hospital won't be that good     :-(   

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

Not sure it'd be worth announcing anything - simply because almost nobody would actually believe them. Even if they put a statement out tonight to that effect, I'm pretty sure there'd still be people camped out in this thread all next week, because basically who wants to give up on the idea of somehow getting to Glastonbury?

• Upvote 1

"I'm a first time caller but a long time listener I've been waiting a while to talk to you..." Good luck to you all in the 'secret' resale I tried last year and failed miserably so appreciate the pain you are all going through. To be honest if this year is as bad as last, your page checkers are useless. You have already lost too much time when it goes off. You are better off sitting there hitting the F5 key on Monday from about 12pm onwards to stand a chance of getting tickets, based of people who got them last year. 

For anyone who does and is bouncing round the room message me and I will happily meet and share some beer and drunken glastonbury tales. Can't wait to read the happy posts on this forum. 

Keep the faith people and hats off to the great community spirit! 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, Jark said:

"I'm a first time caller but a long time listener I've been waiting a while to talk to you..." Good luck to you all in the 'secret' resale I tried last year and failed miserably so appreciate the pain you are all going through. To be honest if this year is as bad as last, your page checkers are useless. You have already lost too much time when it goes off. You are better off sitting there hitting the F5 key on Monday from about 12pm onwards to stand a chance of getting tickets, based of people who got them last year. 

For anyone who does and is bouncing round the room message me and I will happily meet and share some beer and drunken glastonbury tales. Can't wait to read the happy posts on this forum. 

Welcome to the forum mate. I think it all depends on which page checkers you're using to be honest. I know quite a few people got lucky using them last year. The trouble is when any sale does go live it's still all down to luck whether you get through or not. I have one tablet continually refreshing the main page every 5 seconds through the day as well as the page checker.

Edited by MilkyJoe

2 hours ago, Jark said:

Disagree. Google page monitor checks every second. Leave your laptop on, you'll hear it. I bagged 3 a couple of years back this way.

6 minutes ago, andyb66 said:

Was someone talking about a ticket scam in this thread yesterday or possibly Friday?

There is a guy from Liverpool, name is Kieran o'brien, (kob1994) he's popped up on a few different sites now trying to sell winding lake tickets. Reddit, shpock, eBay as well as creating 2 accounts on here and trying to sell VIP tickets. Stay well clear!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MilkyJoe said:

There is a guy from Liverpool, name is Kieran o'brien, (kob1994) he's popped up on a few different sites now trying to sell winding lake tickets. Reddit, shpock, eBay as well as creating 2 accounts on here and trying to sell VIP tickets. Stay well clear!

and Glastonbury are aware of him and taking the appropriate actions.