Secret resales 2015

Terence99

21 minutes ago, Alking said:

Me and my other half one year decided to treat ourselves and booked a mahoosive american winnebago with slide out sides and the lot….BUT…. He wrote it off on the way to glasto. Worst day ever!!! it cost £8000 in all in payouts to the hire company so VIP tickets are probably a cheep option in comparison 

Ouch nasty, can I ask how you ended up paying out so much. We hire a an every year and now I'm concerned we don't have the right insurance - should anything happen ... better to be safe than sorry

1 minute ago, Funkyfairy! said:

Ouch nasty, can I ask how you ended up paying out so much. We hire a an every year and now I'm concerned we don't have the right insurance - should anything happen ... better to be safe than sorry

We used a terrible third party hire company. It was a last minuite deal so we just went for it and they stitched us up every way they could.  Awful company to deal with- ill try to find their name. The actual owners however were the nicest people you could ever meet. He even drove us to Glastonbury after the accident, picked us up and drove us home. A real gent. 

Moral of the story, Always go with a reputable company!

Just now, Alking said:

We used a terrible third party hire company. It was a last minuite deal so we just went for it and they stitched us up every way they could.  Awful company to deal with- ill try to find their name. The actual owners however were the nicest people you could ever meet. He even drove us to Glastonbury after the accident, picked us up and drove us home. A real gent. 

Moral of the story, Always go with a reputable company!

What a nasty memory :-( We  go with a good company, however I'm still gonna check the insurance stuff with them to be safe . Thanks for the story, its made me think

2 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

What a nasty memory :-( We  go with a good company, however I'm still gonna check the insurance stuff with them to be safe . Thanks for the story, its made me think

One of the things to definitely look out for is if you have to pay for days off the road ( I.e. Days they potentially loose hire money) that's where a large proportion of our bill stacked up 

not saying its gonna happen this year . but some years ago cant remember when,  but defo less than 8 years , i got a mate a ticket in a secret resale and that was 2 weeks before glasto started. just gotta keep the faith

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

I know there's no pattern, but I imagine the chances of them going on sale during the weekend is slim to none?

Aye, unlikely as it would break the 'pattern' but I'm not 100% ruling it out. Will keep my phone close at all times!

Have a good weekend guys! I just got called into an unexpected meeting for over an hour and was convinced it would have happened by the time I got out. I guess we live to fight another day. Fingers crossed for us all next week!

1 hour ago, Tomo95 said:

What's the chances of it happening over the weekend? Or is it more than likely gonna be Monday now? 

It's just that having it during office hours on a weekday is more logical as there'll likely be more staff in the offices - but you certainly can't rule out the weekend entirely.